What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
I installed a set of Undercloak skid plates from Metalcloak on my JLUR. The hardest part of the install was removing the stock transfer case skid plate bolts, which had already had the bolt heads badly damaged from being drug over rocks. I only have 2080 miles on my JLUR, and I haven't even done any challenging trails yet, but the stock skid plates were already starting to look really scratched up. I am really impressed with the quality of the Undercloak skid plates. Installation was completed within 4 hours of Fed Ex dropping them off, and that included 1/2 hour removing ruined stock bolts and another 1/2 hour to eat dinner.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JLUR Undercloak

If you are thinking of aftermarket skid plates for your Jeep do them sooner, rather than later.

Last edited:

RubiGrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Installed the Teraflex HD Alpha adjustable mount .. What a pain in the ass, it was a pretty easy install but just had some bad luck.

- Accidentally cut the backup camera wire .. don’t ask .. had to wait 1 month for the wiring
- Broke a bolt at the head when torquing

I was hoping to get a little more clearance on the bottom, but at least the tire is now touching the bump stops

Also added the Rhino Rack Stow-It and added as shovel.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 44C3F7CC-210E-449D-9B1F-479A2B5C58AE

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8E313190-2E7E-410F-9B2C-B341004A1553

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 91F211C7-B4A5-4C15-B797-FD2BBEF4E2EA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7424E796-7449-4131-8E79-BFA924F21BEC

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Started my Diabolical slipstream install, not sure where I saw install time of 3 hours, but I'm here to tell you.....The lie detector says.....that is a lie! I had about 5 hours in it today, and I am guessing at least a couple/few more tomorrow. I did take my time and referenced the install video along the way. Even the edited down install video was 2 hours long. Very straightforward install, but lots of parts. Glad we had a rare warm day in the northeast today for the bulk of it, but not going to be so lucky tomorrow. Lots of bolts in tight spots and I have fat fingers. Definitely a challenge!! Really looking forward to having it done and can't wait till topless weather rolls around again to break it in!!

KsLand

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
I was interested in these tail light guards. But I saw several reviews mention that they're kind of heavy and slightly thick so you can no longer push the lights into the supporting holding clips. Thus they said they're just held by the nylon screw and there's some side to side play that wasn't there before. How have they held for you? Do they bounce around when not on pavement?
I had these tail light guards on my Jeep. Went through a car wash and the tail light got pulled out of the housing. Snapped off the clips plus the nylon screw. Had to buy an entire new tail light because the dealer said they don’t just sell the housing. They guards look cool but just be careful with them.

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I had these tail light guards on my Jeep. Went through a car wash and the tail light got pulled out of the housing. Snapped off the clips plus the nylon screw. Had to buy an entire new tail light because the dealer said they don’t just sell the housing. They guards look cool but just be careful with them.
Can't say I expected to read that today! Sure sounds like that sucks. After a couple responses here I decided they were worth trying so ended up buying them. It's hard for me to picture how far they'll stick out...today I went through a wash and forgot to tuck in the side mirrors and nothing happened, so maybe that wash will be safe...

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I dragged out the pressure washer, the foam cannon, and the Tough Mudder and gave her a wash. Satan's dandruff is supposed to start flying two days hence, and unless I figure out a solution to the pressure washer freezing problem, I guess it's time to just Fluid Film the heck out of the underside and dream of wheeling until spring.

Seriously, how do people wash these things when it's -10°F outside, and all the commercial car washes have signs proclaiming "NO JEEP'S! It clog's our drain's"

I mean, of course it clog's your drain's darlin'. It's a Jeep. That's what Jeep's do. Jeep's clog's drain's.

This message brought to you by Egregious Misuse of the Apostrophe, LLC
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1638859415206