What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Installed Rugged Ridge Tail Light Guards on my '21 Willys Edition. These are cast aluminum and solid, go on easily and work with blind spot monitoring.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AF69E600-921F-4214-9060-9FE3C561003E
I was interested in these tail light guards. But I saw several reviews mention that they're kind of heavy and slightly thick so you can no longer push the lights into the supporting holding clips. Thus they said they're just held by the nylon screw and there's some side to side play that wasn't there before. How have they held for you? Do they bounce around when not on pavement?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I was interested in these tail light guards. But I saw several reviews mention that they're kind of heavy and slightly thick so you can no longer push the lights into the supporting holding clips. Thus they said they're just held by the nylon screw and there's some side to side play that wasn't there before. How have they held for you? Do they bounce around when not on pavement?
Unfortunately those guards don't do anything to protect the very expensive LED and BSM from being ripped off front to back from an errant branch. I pre ordered the Oracle Flush mounts. Here in Canada the OEM LED BSM tails are $900 each.

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
I put mine on about a month ago and they are still nice and tight....no issues at all. Love the look!

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

New things coming…got the first of five new Method Race Wheels NV305s today. Can’t wait to get the rest and get them installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? AF69E600-921F-4214-9060-9FE3C561003E

You got mad IRL photoshop skills

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I put mine on about a month ago and they are still nice and tight....no issues at all. Love the look!
I also love the look of them...(if I'm being honest that's what I'm mainly in it for, though I did go off roading a couple weeks ago and want to go again).

So you didn't experience any of the looseness or side to side play described in some of the reviews? (saw them mostly on Amazon, though one or two on Quadratec). Basically the screw seems like enough?

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
Unfortunately those guards don't do anything to protect the very expensive LED and BSM from being ripped off front to back from an errant branch. I pre ordered the Oracle Flush mounts. Here in Canada the OEM LED BSM tails are $900 each.
Did a quick search, are those basically just replacing the OEM lights? If so are they just for the Gladiator? I found this: https://www.oraclelights.com/products/flush-taillight-jt

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
I also love the look of them...(if I'm being honest that's what I'm mainly in it for, though I did go off roading a couple weeks ago and want to go again).

So you didn't experience any of the looseness or side to side play described in some of the reviews? (saw them mostly on Amazon, though one or two on Quadratec). Basically the screw seems like enough?
I bought mine from ExtremeTerrain.com...they tighten down really nice and don't move at all
20211108_161636.jpg

Last edited:

Coleync

First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
i went with the normal size not the xl version and no rock rail cut out. I have 17x8.5 w/+6 offset wheel. 35x12.50 Tire’s and it keeps most of the slush off the doors.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211108_161636

blink9cd

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Willys
I bought mine from ExtremeTerrain.com...they tighten down really nice and don't move at all
View attachment 540417
Nice to hear it! And I think it looks great with your color scheme. I was considering plastic stick on ones from JeCar on Amazon if these weren't good (https://www.amazon.com/JeCar-Guards-Protector-Wrangler-2018-2020/dp/B08CSHNQ4B), but I like the idea of the metal housed ones more if they don't have installation issues. Did you do the RuggedRidge front ones too?

Btw I like your paint matched tow hook! That's on my list of things to do for mine.