CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I watched the YouTube videos for install, not too difficult and took a couple hours. There are a couple different videos.

The system comes with 2 cameras, 1 in the mirror itself which gives you the forward facing, and the other which gets run to the back spare tire. I left the original camera as is so still have the full screen backup in the radio and ran the second camera for the mirror. The mirror lets you pick which views to watch… front, rear, or both as a split screen.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
Did it before the roadtrip for Turkey day but:

LOD signature series stubby with bull bar and the badland apex 12k winch with synthetic line.

Their skid plate was out of stock so still waiting on it, kept my bashed to hell stock sorry excuse for a "crash bar" installed though.

Resized_20211123_142222.jpeg

Resized_20211123_142204.jpeg

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
New Apex steering assembly and took doors off for the first time. Top coming off today if I can get some help. Looking forward to hitting trails this Saturday in beautiful Arizona weather AND not putting more scratches on my doors ...lol. Happy Thanksgiving
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20211126_002315272
Nice, just ordered my set of apex today was able to save like 20%. Thanks.

Canes_JL

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe / 2023 Rubicon XR
Clubs

Wired in the Baja Designs lights I put on the rear westin bumper. Also go the westin rock lights wired in the rear. Will post a better picture tonight when it gets dark.

IMG_4949.JPG

IMG_4950.JPG

IMG_4952.JPG

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Installed a pair of the Mopar spare tire bump stops that come with their oversize tire mount kit and adjusted my Teraflex Alpha HD tire carrier to properly fit the new BFG 37x12.50 D KO2's. The 37" spare just clears the bottom of the bumper (at 15PSI)by just under an 1/8" but the D was so much wider than the C that it was hitting the front of the bumper above the tire cutout. I could have just raised the Alpha HD to clear but did not want to block rear visibility. I like these Mopar bumps (trim to fit) and only had to adjust out the Alpha HD by just over a 1/4", everything now clears and is rock solid!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3270.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3266.JPG

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
In honor of Black Friday, I painted my muffler black! Ever since I’ve seen it here on the forum, it’s been on my list to do. Not sure who I’ve seen paint the muffler BUT thank you for the idea! It really changes the back of the wrangler!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FE211A46-FFF0-43A5-80D2-5C075F95BCB3

Tynewlon

First Name
Tyler 🚺
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU 2.0 4Cyl
In honor of Black Friday, I painted my muffler black! Ever since I’ve seen it here on the forum, it’s been on my list to do. Not sure who I’ve seen paint the muffler BUT thank you for the idea! It really changes the back of the wrangler!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2995
Which paint did you use? And what was your process? Did you prime first?

JRostek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Which paint did you use? And what was your process? Did you prime first?
I found instructions on Rustoleum’s website for using their high heat paint and primer (https://www.rustoleum.com/en/project-catalog/garage/how-to-paint-your-exhaust-pipe) the only difference is before I did the curing process I did a second coat of black then cured the paint.

I was worried about over spray so when getting the paint and primer, I picked up some construction paper and frog tape from Home Depot. After the muffler and tail pipe was cleaned, using the construction paper, I wrapped the bumper and as best I could under the Jeep, making sure any seems over lapped and was tapped off. A few areas I couldn’t fully wrap so I just tapped. Then started the priming / painting.

About 30 minutes after the second coat was applied, I carefully took all the paper and tape off. I figured this would let me touch up any areas I mighta missed and clean anything that wasn’t supposed to be painted.

From starting cleaning to ending the curing process, it took me about 6 and a half hours. But that’s waiting an hour in between priming and the first coat, waiting another hour before starting the second coat and then waiting 2 hours to start the curing. The curing took about an hour and a half. Probably could have been faster but I wanted to make sure there was no over spray and everything was completely dry before starting the next step. As I’ve never painted a muffler, figured primer and 2 coats would make it last longer.

As a heads up, definitely wear clothes you don’t care about, safety glasses and a mask. You’re basically spray painting laying under the back of the Jeep, some over spray ends up back on you

Sorry for the long response! Hopefully, it’s a little helpful