First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon
Occupation
School Administrator
Changed my diff oil today at 22370 miles. Everything looked good.

AVGeek99

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 Sahara 4xe (wife's)
Had my JLUR for three weeks now. We also got a new puppy so I haven't had any time to post what I've done on the Jeep.

Day 2 I put on a bunch of decals, mostly from a trip I took out to Reno and Yosemite this past May. I don't know why but I like putting decals from the places I've been. I had several on my JK as well. Here's the list:
  • Snowbird UT
  • Bonneville Salt Flats
  • Mono Lake CA
  • Yosemite NP
  • Yellowstone NP
  • Lake Superior
  • Split Rock Light House SP (MN)
  • Tettegouche SP (MN)
Second weekend I installed the Teraflex HD Hinged tailgate reinforcement and Alpha HD Tire Carrier. I had the JK version of this and really liked it so I went with it on my JL. It is significantly more sturdy than the stock set up. I love how the third brake light mounts in the center of the wheel. I know the JL hinges and tailgate were improved a great deal over the JK, but I thought it seemed kind of flexy. Definitely glad I upgraded.

Install of the TeraFlex was pretty easy, though I did run into some unexpected surprises. First I had intended initially to just install the hinged tailgate reinforcement and then do the Alpha HD tire mount after I had the dealer install the new wheels and tires. After I got the tailgate reinforcement installed I discovered that the stock spare tire mount wouldn't work with it, DOH!!

So then I got to installing the Alpha HD tire mount. That went pretty easily until I got to the point where I was installing the rear camera. For some reason JLs with a front trail camera (and also Rubicon 392s) have a different rear camera that mounts differently inside the housing. Then one thing I'm really disappointed with TeraFlex about is that instead of just including the required camera mounting bracket they put a yellow slip of paper that says "If you have a JL with a front trail camera or a Rubicon 392 you need a special camera mounting bracket 'P/N xxx'. Call us and we'll send you one." So I ended up just going without a rear camera for a few days. To Teraflex's credit I received the bracket just 2 days after I called them, but why not just include the bracket instead of the slip of paper telling you to call. SMH

End of week 2 the dealer installed new wheels and tires. XD FMJ 137s, 17/9 -12mm offset. Cooper 315 70R17 SST Pros.

Taking her off road for the first time tomorrow!!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_153608
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_153732
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_153643
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_153631
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_153652

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
Installed Rock Hard 4x4's FAD skid plate and tried to get my Rancho diff skids installed, but, hit a major snag with the front skid, and didn't even bother installing the rear one.

I also realized that in my extremely sleep-deprived state that I have managed to order the Asfir engine skid...Right after I had purchased the M.O.R.E. plate... :facepalm: Ah well, I guess this way I can see which I like better, and have one on hand if I trash one out.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed Rock Hard 4x4's FAD skid plate and tried to get my Rancho diff skids installed, but, hit a major snag with the front skid, and didn't even bother installing the rear one.

I also realized that in my extremely sleep-deprived state that I have managed to order the Asfir engine skid...Right after I had purchased the M.O.R.E. plate... :facepalm: Ah well, I guess this way I can see which I like better, and have one on hand if I trash one out.
If your U-bolt is too short which all the stock out there now are you can email Rancho Tech and they will send you the New Longer U-bolt they have now. The rear one is easy for it does not use a U-bolt. I can send you the email if that is the snag you have.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

My ASFIR skid came in yesterday. Only took 7 days. Two of those days were weekend days. They shipped with DHL.

BradyW

First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed an Innovative AT Products IJKP-24-ARB 4-Tire air system. Great instructions but a lengthy install for me. Everything went together well though I do wish the hose to the driver side was 1-2” longer. I’ll do some 15psi to 37psi timed runs tomorrow.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 55B9E624-4DD0-4D28-B9FF-1098AB48D7D2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5769E76D-22A1-4E53-94B2-9DC6C0DB3CEF

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 7326B9FE-E30E-458D-AEA4-7D204086529F

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Minor thing. Had to put doors back on for little trip so put my Threedom covers on locks.

My Rancho front Diff. glide plate came in and my ASFIR Engine skid too. Will remove my DV8 Front diff. skid for it covers more axle and I cannot install my Drivers side Hard Rock LCA skid. Live and learn. I like the DV8 skid but it has to go. So just FYI if you plan on DV8 Diff. skid and Hard Rock LCA skids they will not work. The DV8 skid will now sit in box.

20211120_221225.jpg

DV8 Diff. Skid.jpg

DV8 Skid Plate.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Found a set of white Rubi flares. Threw the fronts on yesterday, need to do some touch up paint work on one of the rears later this week.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DV8 Skid Plate
Looks good 👍🏻 Are you swapping out rear bumper? Rear Rubi flares will be out of alignment with bumper a little.

6th Floor Mule

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 6MT
Looks good 👍🏻 Are you swapping out rear bumper? Rear Rubi flares will be out of alignment with bumper a little.
These should help, but I’m sure I’m missing something. . . . a nut, or a bracket, or a clip, etc. That’s how I roll ✌

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 89A7F678-FD3F-493B-B7F1-A5436FE257D2

Reldn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Rubicon, '22 4Runner TRD Pro, '22 Ram 1500
If your U-bolt is too short which all the stock out there now are you can email Rancho Tech and they will send you the New Longer U-bolt they have now. The rear one is easy for it does not use a U-bolt. I can send you the email if that is the snag you have.
I think it's the plate itself, sadly. The rear tabs where the U-bolt goes don't sit flush against the housing at all. There's no hope of the U-bolt reaching either side.

If you could send me their contact info, that'd be great. I can submit these photos to them as well and see what they make of it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20211120_210805181

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20211120_210859342

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Not today but last Thursday I threw some infinity reference 3.5” speakers into the sound bar and dash. Stuffed the dash 3.5” and sound bar mids with some polyfill. Definitely a big improvement over the stock speakers. Not a premium sound but that’s ok this is a soft top Jeep.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's the plate itself, sadly. The rear tabs where the U-bolt goes don't sit flush against the housing at all. There's no hope of the U-bolt reaching either side.

If you could send me their contact info, that'd be great. I can submit these photos to them as well and see what they make of it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_152203

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20211120_152203
Lance is the one who sent the New U-bolt to me. UPS no charge. I sent copy of receipt. I have 2 photos below. The one on the LEFT is the new style U-bolt Lance sent. Right pic came in box. Lance said the stock out there now do not have the new U-bolts. You can see the left one is little different shape and longer.

I just opened my Skid. Looks like your skid. Sure, its JL/JT Dana 44 RS82116 on box? Next week I will look at mine on Jeep.

I looked on the Rancho website to make sure I had the right skid so I could make sure I ordered correct one on Amazon.

Asked Lance if I could just order from him but they don't sale directly to customers. To me is dumb but who am I.

Maybe Roky can chime in on how yours looks on photo.

[email protected]
Thanks for your inquiry. We have new style U-bolts here at Rancho R&D, so if your U-bolt does not fit properly, send us an e-mail and we’ll be happy to ship one out.

Lance

Garage Gurus on Call

+800.325.8886

20211121_093151.jpg

20211121_092735.jpg