What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Well finally mounted the new Mopar wheels (8.5" w/5.2" backspace) wrapped in 37x12.50 KO2's in load C. First picture after installing tires, Metalcloak 2.5" springs front and back along with a host of other suspension goodies, Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle, 4.88 gears and chromoly rear axle shafts and the Borla Touring Climber-love the Borla! Quiet, tucks up high and zero drone!

However not totally happy with the Metalcloak 2.5" springs...Since I was using the UD44 front axle (springs sit on the steel spring perches, to big to fit OEM or RK type plastic perches) and since Metalcloak springs are the same LF/RF, I thought I should use a Teraflex 1/2" spacer on the passenger front-good guess as front is perfect! Unfortunately her ass end in all up in the air now! She sit pretty level with both stock suspension as well as the Mopar lift, called Metalcloak and they said normal-I say BS.
I also used a Teraflex 1/2" spacer on the passenger rear and that was too much, she sits just over 1/4" higher on the passenger rear-this I will fix by milling the Teraflex 1/2" spacer down to 1/4". Still need to lower the rear by at least an inch...Likely will be searching for new rear springs...

Next project will be installing either the ARB or JCR rocker skins and rock sliders. (Still miffed that JCR is discontinuing the 2-door versions, really makes no sense since they already make them...Would have thought if they were going to discontinue them for the 2-door's they would have waited till the next model change to do so) After the added weight of the rock sliders, I will decide what to do about her ass end being all up in the air...BTW, the parking lot in the picture slopes up for drainage.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3186.JPG

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Well finally mounted the new Mopar wheels (8.5" w/5.2" backspace) wrapped in 37x12.50 KO2's in load C. First picture after installing tires, Metalcloak 2.5" springs front and back along with a host of other suspension goodies, Dana 4.88 UD44 front axle, 4.88 gears and chromoly rear axle shafts and the Borla Touring Climber-love the Borla! Quiet, tucks up high and zero drone!

However not totally happy with the Metalcloak 2.5" springs...Since I was using the UD44 front axle (springs sit on the steel spring perches, to big to fit OEM or RK type plastic perches) and since Metalcloak springs are the same LF/RF, I thought I should use a Teraflex 1/2" spacer on the passenger front-good guess as front is perfect! Unfortunately her ass end in all up in the air now! She sit pretty level with both stock suspension as well as the Mopar lift, called Metalcloak and they said normal-I say BS.
I also used a Teraflex 1/2" spacer on the passenger rear and that was too much, she sits just over 1/4" higher on the passenger rear-this I will fix by milling the Teraflex 1/2" spacer down to 1/4". Still need to lower the rear by at least an inch...Likely will be searching for new rear springs...

Next project will be installing either the ARB or JCR rocker skins and rock sliders. (Still miffed that JCR is discontinuing the 2-door versions, really makes no sense since they already make them...Would have thought if they were going to discontinue them for the 2-door's they would have waited till the next model change to do so) After the added weight of the rock sliders, I will decide what to do about her ass end being all up in the air...BTW, the parking lot in the picture slopes up for drainage.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3186.JPG
Love the wheels ! I purchased 5 two months ago.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Wife wanted her old plastic Mopar steps back so I did my best to make them a bit more "rock resistant", took a couple 5 ft strips of 1/8" x8" wide to the machine shop to have them bent on the brake, welded up a couple bracket protectors and that's it. I know this is no substitute for rock rails but maybe this is something we can both live with. I must admit, these are the best steps as far as width and grip, but easy to destroy, so time will tell :)
Wish me luck :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0760.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0768.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0770.JPG

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Good looking rig! Like the 35" KO2's!
Nice install job but not sure about the solar panels...
They're both 100w panels, and I see about 140w during the day. They aren't at the ideal angle, but with the way the Jeep roof is grooved the install is super easy and allows for cooling.

That keeps my two batteries (Genesis system) topped off at all times. That's a good thing as my work commute is maybe 5miles.

The best part though?... I can still use the Bestop Sunrider without any issues to the Panels!:)

Canes_JL

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe / 2023 Rubicon XR
Clubs

Busy day:

Met up with a fellow member this morning to pick up a Westin WJ2 rear bumper which was promptly installed before lunch.

Added a pair of Baja Designs lights to the bumper, but can’t decide if I want them to be reverse lights or switch controlled for when they are needed or a combination of both.

Also installed a pair of Red Line hood struts.

Hopefully the [Banned Site] compressor mount and ARB compressor make it to the house this weekend so that can be installed.

554C6E4A-4195-4222-B49A-248387007B42.jpeg

4C58BA3F-BCCA-4325-A071-29186C10ADAE.jpeg

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Took pipe off and put my muffler back on. Couldn't stand sounding like a ricer haha
My wife kept telling me I can hear your Miata coming around the corner.

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Put on new 35 KO2 Shoes and Finished up the top Solar Installs :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01CA20B6-8468-44A3-9308-E126F0AA3118

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01CA20B6-8468-44A3-9308-E126F0AA3118
You put rivets through the roof, right?
Was thinking about doing something like this someday but would rather not make any holes in the top 🤔