First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I rotated the tires and greased the track bars. So far the Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ P3s are wearing evenly. I also took advantage of the opportunity to wash behind the spare tire, while it was off.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1636490005719

The pressure washer is stored for the winter, so I gave her a hand wash and spray wax. Not really a detail job, just a quickie to make her look more pretty for the week of miserable slogging ahead.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1636490058704

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1636490086514

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Only complaint I've heard about 2.0l version is that oil changes are a lot messier.
Need one of these fumoto oil drain valve. You can connect hose and drain. The oil filter will drip some oil but not much. Tip should still be inside Skid hole.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1636514483325

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Need one of these fumoto oil drain valve. You can connect hose and drain. The oil filter will drip some oil but not much. Tip should still be inside Skid hole.
I just added one of these to my Jeep. They make for a super clean oil change!

RudeJeepin

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Great work! I just purchased the same Deegan 38 Rock Sliders - Did you wire directly into the OEM AUX switches? Would definitely appreciate learning from your experience!

-Brody
Hey Brody. I actually tied into the courtesy light wires under the dash with some T-Tap connectors.
I like the looks of these and the idea of the side lights.
What do you guys think of the Deegan steps? How well do thy actually work as a step?
Thanks.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed the Rock Slide Engineering EZ Rack Rotopax mount for the spare tire and loaded up 4 Rotopax 1.75 gallon cans

I've repurposed the Suzuki's 1.75 gal. RotopaX for occasional use on the Jeep.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? RotopaX

Put on the little Mopar relocation bracket for the third brake light.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? RotopaX
Does that relocation kit fit on any size or brand of wheel? TIA.

Killed my horn by laying on it for 10 seconds while multiple cars ran a red light. Like, the light was red for at least 10 seconds as I approached the intersection. Five cars went through it. The low-tone driver is dead. I'm thinking of replacing it with an airhorn of some sort.

Any suggestions?
I've used the Stebel Nautilus compact air horn to good effect. A relay harness is functionally compulsory so that the thin gauge stock wiring isn't overwhelmed by the current requirements of the compressor. Harnesses of various lengths are available on Amazon. The compressor should include a small piece to which a length of vinyl tubing can be fitted, if protected air intake is a concern for the installer.

Note that the Wolo Bad Boy sold at Advance Auto and elsewhere is a lower quality ChiCom copy of the Nautilus.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C280FB3D-9720-4578-87C2-DFF17C29348E
Ya, I think I'm going to go with a Valvomax. Veteran owned and I like the style better.
https://www.valvomax.com/

Side note ASFIR is having a sale on aluminium skids. 20% off and 50% off shipping. Plus forum code JLing5 gives you another 5%.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Ya, I think I'm going to go with a Valvomax. Veteran owned and I like the style better.
https://www.valvomax.com/

Side note ASFIR is having a sale on aluminium skids. 20% off and 50% off shipping. Plus forum code JLing5 gives you another 5%.
Do you have the ASFIR middle skid now? If you do how hard would it be putting that drain on and then putting the drain plug on to drain oil through the opening the skid has ?

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1636580443233

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Just got my Willys this past Friday! I got a phone mount that bolts up to the top center of the dash and has a round bar. I treated it like a bike handle and ordered bike phone mounts and was able to stack three side by side which covers two phones and a Garmin GPS unit which works great. I'm so happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P1MJJ2C?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have it, I just ordered it today. Sorry.
No problem. I just ordered mine just now. $169 shipping. Used the JLing5 code you gave me too. Thanks for that.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
If anyone is looking to purchase a FRONT Rancho Dana 44 glide plate you can email Lance for the new style U-Bolt at Gurus <[email protected]>
Subject: Rancho Suspension: Email the Rancho Tech Form

The new style U-bolts have not been included in the glide plates currently in stock.

Lance has already shipped mine today UPS for the Glide Plate I purchased today on Amazon. I just emailed him with my receipt and its on the way at NO charge.

I sent the Glide Plate I bought few months ago back because the U-bolt was really too short and did not fit correctly. I read on the forum someone called Rancho about that issue and he was sent the New Style U-bolt.

Just FYI for anyone.