www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Turn the Jeep into a dad mobile. Only 4 weeks or so before we meet our little girl!

D1B7DF63-8E9F-4E29-84C0-EA6D244F43DC.jpeg

Dgr401

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Sport S - Granite Crystal
Occupation
Retired
I have been getting flashed by other drivers lately so I thought I would check the headlights on my Wrangler. I found both the headlights high, the passenger not much but the driver side light was quite noticeably higher. It was an easy process and now the headlights appear to be where they should be. I found a couple of great videos on YouTube that showed how easy it is to adjust the headlights.

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0856YHW5M/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This was the one I got and the one that seems like the most popular knock off, keep an eye on Amazon, price fluctuates. No instructions, but there are a ton of resources on you tube, solid day for the install and that was taking my time and I am also an old fart, so lots of coffee breaks. Very happy with results, need to get creative with a couple of things unless you want to dump money on a steel skid plate or top of bumper cover. I am extremely happy with the results. As stated in my previous post, I plan on running it as is for the winter, than take it off in the spring and bed liner it. Glad I did it this way as it would have gotten some dings on install and really torqued me off, now that I have done it once the second time will be a breeze.
I’m also an older guy too! I will check this link out!!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I changed the front brake pads to match the rear. The fronts were still at least 50%, but I'd rather have the same brand and type of pads all the way around.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635736022080

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635736067326

Then I took Jeep dog on a ride to the store to get some miscellaneous metric nuts and bolts. One of my ground nuts disappeared along the way. I replaced it. I lost track of what went where, and I'm not sure if it matters what gets hooked to which of these ground isolation points. Also, when I took this pic, I hadn't noticed that I left one of the wires off. My light bar didn't work. Imagine that!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635736206502

I got some oversized bolts to go through the fender liner and up into the threaded clip that wraps over the bit where it hooks over the body mount point. One of my original bolts fell out and went away, and I never managed to get the other one threaded. The longer bolts let me reach deeper in the hole to feel around, and I got both of them tight. My driver side front fender flare is a lot less loose now!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1635736405584

I also cleaned up the threads as best I could and re-torqued, after the driveline shop gang raped my poor studs. Why do mechanics beat the fuck out of a lug nut with an impact gun? It's one of my biggest pet peeves. I use an impact gun too, but I get it to under torque, and finish with a torque wrench. I am very, very picky about my lug nut torque.

1635736174083.png

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Put in a new main battery. A few months ago I replaced the aux battery, which has been great as far as start/stop is concerned, but I noticed recently voltage has been a constant 14.6 while driving. I would like that aux battery to last awhile and figured I should’ve done the main at the same time. I went with the Batteries Plus X2Power as it was in stock and is made by NorthStar. Voltage is back to ranging from mid 12’s to around 14 depending on driving behavior. I hope I’m not dealing with batteries for years to come, especially the aux.

SuboneWH

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Retired USN and GS
Installed my Mopar 2" lift and JKS adjustable front track bar last week, loving it so far. Front axle shifted around 1/2", fixed that with the JKS front track bar. Overall actual lift height is really close to 3" for me and couldn't be happier.

Before Lift:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Before lift 1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Before lift 2

After Lift:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? After lift 1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? After lift 2

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? After lift 3

G-Oil Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC Canyon, 2021 JLUR Diesel - On order
Occupation
Engineer
I was only able to enjoy my Jeep for about 3 hours before I had to leave for vacation. But I’m home now and yesterday I installed my quadratec stubby antenna and ordered a bunch of parts lol

Ordered:
Hood struts
Quadratecs dead pedal
Rugged ridge door sill guards

I still need to install the Mopar grab handles.

Hans

First Name
Hans
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys 2.0 4D
Hi,
The car has just got his last free oil and oil filter change ( 24204 mi ).
The car is a 2020 - 2.0ltr - 4door - Willys ( no lift and with the stock wheels )
Next time I'll do the maintenance myself. So , I searched for the correct items to do this and saw what they did today at the dealer .

So, I found this on the internet :
- Oil , 5W-30 synthetic oil , 5 qt, the dealer put in Pennzoil
- oil filter : mopar : 4892339 AB
K&N : SO 1017
FRAM : XG 10060 or TG 10060 or PH 10060
Supertech : ST 10060
Mobil 1 : M1-113A
- anyone has the 'number' for the spark plugs ?
- I alredy changed the Cabin air filter with the K&N washable VF2064 ( easy one , due to the quadratec youtube video )
- The engine air filter will be changed on 30000 mi with the K&N washable one ( see the quadratec youtube video )

Question :
Which of the above filters would you guys use ?
And what are the torque numbers for the bolts of the wheels ?

Thx for your expertise !!!

Last edited:

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Yea wired it in so I can use it when we’re on the beach at night but have everything else off.
I like the looks of this.. I hate that the interior lights of the wrangler are so dim.

What did you mount it to...did you mount it into the motor housing for the rear wiper? What source did you wire to for power? Close up Pics?
Is that button on the front the on/off switch and is the only option to use that switch on front to turn it on or can it be wired to come on automatically with the other interior lights or with a switch located elsewhere (in case one wanted more than one located in different spots and all to come on with one switch)? Thx

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Dome light

Rubi II

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Installed my Mopar 2" lift and JKS adjustable front track bar last week, loving it so far. Front axle shifted around 1/2", fixed that with the JKS front track bar. Overall actual lift height is really close to 3" for me and couldn't be happier.

Before Lift:

After Lift:

What size tires are those?