What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
Nice looking Jeep! A little off topic, but what do you do to "secure" your Jeep when out in public (parked)? Do you just make sure there are no valuables are inside? That is my main concern if I take my doors off. I don't want to be limited to where I want/need to go when the doors are off. Not worried about parking at work (I work on a military installation), but what about say Wal-mart, grocery store, restaurants, etc.? What is keeping some shady people from just hopping' hot-wiring it and taking off? My main concern is Wal-Mart....lol. Just wondering.
Those are major concerns for me as well. I work at a highly secured location so, like you, I don't need to worry about it there. I do keep the console and glove box locked. Otherwise I avoid parking in public with no doors on. There are all sorts of lockable/secure ways to store things in the Jeep with no doors an top though. Tuffy is a brand that comes to mind.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
84aef80d-2bd2-4e35-9568-5d3de35d878e.jpg

installed a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel and charge controller. now to figure out how routing a 12v plug from the engine bay to the cabin.
If you've got an auto it's easy, there's a plastic plug just below your brake booster that you twist off and drill a hole through. If it's a manual...well, I'll leave that to the manual guys.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
84aef80d-2bd2-4e35-9568-5d3de35d878e.jpg

installed a Cascadia 4x4 solar panel and charge controller. now to figure out how routing a 12v plug from the engine bay to the cabin.
Pricey for 100 watts...but very cool!!

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
TrendyCo
Jeep Girl Low Top
Fits true to size... very cushioned bottom.
Takes about 3 weeks to receive.
I used my cricut to iron on my name and my jeeps name on the back.
Warning... they have a lot of cute shoes!
Hope she loves them!!!!
Thanks!
not only will I be bankrupt due to Jeep, but there will be more women’s shoes in my life… 🤪

SlickRickMotoADV

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2017 Miata Club RF
Pricey for 100 watts...but very cool!!
definitely worth it. only 85 watts for the JL. Better than the 30 for the JLR. lol.
Planning out my power box I'm building to run off the the side of the controller that has a low voltage cutoff. Then I can run things like my heater all night without worrying about not being able to start.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1733bccd-9fa1-40a6-bc74-baa340f67ce3

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
I got an aluminium angle bracket. I drilled 3 holes and mounted it on the window shelf. (I understand the JLU has 4 bolts).

I then drilled 50 holes along the length and attached some "D" rings. I can move the "D" rings back and forth as I see fit.

Then I attached a net to produce a shelf. I am happy with the result.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? x (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1552.JPG

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
installed my shackles on my new Arcus i installed recently, very happy with the result.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8C45A0E2-0D54-4BBC-94E3-40E503AB31EB

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8C45A0E2-0D54-4BBC-94E3-40E503AB31EB

I have one too, it's been great. Increased mpg too! But FYI, you can no longer drop your windshield unless you add some hood standoffs; the little hump on the panel will hit/explode the windshield, take note.

What exactly do you mean by a 12V plug? An accessory plug off the controller?

A simple additional accessory cable from a controller under the hood into the cabin would be easy to route through the cowl, across door seal.

I went through the cowl and across the door seal, with a drip loop, for all the power wires and it's a little bit tight. No leaks, but the stock wiriing isn't long enough, so it kind of just sits on the floor.

My charge controller would overheat under the hood in the summer, and/so I wanted to monitor the blinkenlights. I "temporarily" left the charge controller sort of dangling in the passenger-side footwell.
Sometimes there's nothing so permanent as a temporary fix.

I recommend you post in the relevant Electrical section if you want some good opinions. If those guys are still alive. I've gotten lots of good advice over there. The posts there are a fewer and far between, but usually well-informed and thought out.

Good luck.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
I got an aluminium angle bracket. I drilled 3 holes and mounted it on the window shelf. (I understand the JLU has 4 bolts).

I then drilled 50 holes along the length and attached some "D" rings. I can move the "D" rings back and forth as I see fit.

Then I attached a net to produce a shelf. I am happy with the result.

How does it go?

"Tell me you own a drill press, without telling me you own a drill press."

Did you deburr them too?

That's nice work.

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban

So over the last week:
17x9 Method 312’s
37x13.5r17 Toyo Mt’s
Steersmarts Yeti Front TB
Metalcloak Rear TB
Metalcloak Front LCA’s
Teraflex Shock Extensions
Teraflex Swaybar Links
Teraflex 1.5” Spacer Lift w/ TF Bump Stops
Fox ATS Stabilizer
Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier Set up
Tazer
Looks awesome Bill. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
"Tell me you own a drill press, without telling me you own a drill press."
Did you deburr them too?
A mate of mine has a drill press and yes he deburred them too. I had no idea what he was doing till he he said he was deburring them!

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.

Engine/trans skid installed...funny neighbor commentary around 8:15 😂
I did the exact some thing yesterday. I read the instructions and it said an hour install. More like a 15 minute install. I lucked out as @longgar had one for sale on the forum. Got a great deal from him. I came home from a 5 day camping and wheeling trip and it was on my porch.

Man I have gotten some great deals from members on this forum. Longgar was super easy to deal with and came through like a champ. Did what he said he would do. Zero drama, and a great deal. Love nice smooth transactions with fellow forum members.