Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
They
Are the Rugged Ridge sills a hard plastic feel or a rubbery feel?
they are a more rubbery material. The quadratec ones are more like hard plastic. I don’t think I’ve noticed a difference between either once they’re installed

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
They

they are a more rubbery material. The quadratec ones are more like hard plastic. I don’t think I’ve noticed a difference between either once they’re installed
Thanks. I rather rubbery because I feel like hard plastic would be slippery when wet.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Great choice! Where in Ont are you?
20211006_075302.jpg
Markham. If you're in the east end of the GTA I'm one of the board members of Durham 4x4 Offroad. We have a weekly coffee meet at A Tim Hortons' in Oshawa just off the 401 and Thickson. Feel free to DM me.

Catiajockey

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon unlimited
I scored a great marketplace deal locally and got a full set of tube doors with inserts and mirrors for $200. And because the weather here in Central Florida is just about perfect this time of year they got cleaned up and put right on.

tube doors no insert.jpg

tube doors with insert.jpg

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
First wax it’s seen in over a year...nearly two. Finally broke down and got the polish out to knock down the mess of tree scrapes it’s been accumulating over the last 3 years. It’s looking too clean now.

CRpXaJil.jpg

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Well it's been a while, checking back in. Work has derailed Jeepin', but I got the "park safely, your Jeep is dying" alert the other day. I spent this afternoon with my wife, deleting my aux battery. New main ready to install tomorrow.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I dropped my baby off at the driveline shop, and got a chance to inspect the parts that finally came in. Two ring and pinion sets, and two master rebuild sets. Yukon. The guy I'm dealing with is just a straight up Yukon shop. It took 8-9 weeks for the parts to actually show up.

I feel greatly reassured after making the trek to go down there and shake hands with the man. He's extremely particular, and it dawned on me that he isn't just trying to avoid having work come back on him. He genuinely cares about each and every set of gears he installs, and it pains him when people don't break them in with the care he uses when installing them. I can really respect that. He's a pretty cool guy.

He got into the driveline business at a time in his life when the shop he was working for was about to go tits up, and he was starving. Some guy came in and said, "I heard you're the man to see to build a [whatever rear end]." He didn't know shit about doing gears at the time, but he said, "Yes sir I am!" Then his axle blew up on the drag strip, because he fucked it all up. That was the beginning of an obsession, and now the guy makes his living doing differentials and U-joints and the like. He even showed me a few random tips for working on my old Ford. Cool guy. Better him than me dealing with this particular job.

I feel like I'm in good hands. I should get my baby back in a few days. I told him to take his sweet ass time, and do it right.

Last edited:

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Well it's been a while, checking back in. Work has derailed Jeepin', but I got the "park safely, your Jeep is dying" alert the other day. I spent this afternoon with my wife, deleting my aux battery. New main ready to install tomorrow.
How did you go about this delete? Im curious and would love to know more on how to accomplish this.