What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

AvengerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Unlimited
I have noticed that a lot of Jeeper's are either mechanics' or damn close to one. My Grandfather and my Uncle were the build anything type. That genetic gene bypassed my Dad and myself.
:swear:
Yeah my dad can fix anything. It took me a while before I started to try things on my own. Thank God for YouTube.

I’ve never done much on vehicles other than changing the oil or swapping a battery, but having the Jeep has pulled me out of my comfort zone. I installed all new LED lighting, rear cargo light that is tapped into the dome light, installed side steps, etc. None of these things are complex by any objective mechanical stretch, but it does give me some satisfaction to do it myself, and I’ve been surprised how easy the Jeep is to work on. I’ll still leave the suspension work to the pro’s, but the exterior stuff has been really fun to customize.

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Noticed someone grazed my mirror and scuffed the black plastic a bit… coincidentally I had some mirror caps on order that showed up the same day. The glossy surface is easier to clean splattered bugs too!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 82B2E86D-9E7D-43F1-BDB8-2FC06D557F6E

Suffolklou

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I installed the ARB dual compressor. The compressor draws its power from the battery, the two positive wires from the compressor to the battery have 40A fuses already.
The purple wire from the compressor does not draw 40A at all because it is simply a switch on a relay that closes the circuit.

My ARB twin is connected to Aux4. Works fine.
I did mine the exact same way

Gunfighter

First Name
P.J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler High Altitude
Occupation
Trying not to get warning points
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered Mopar performance rock sliders (82215165AB) to replace my plastic running boards. Will post pics after I install them - should be arriving Sunday or Monday.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah my dad can fix anything. It took me a while before I started to try things on my own. Thank God for YouTube.

I’ve never done much on vehicles other than changing the oil or swapping a battery, but having the Jeep has pulled me out of my comfort zone. I installed all new LED lighting, rear cargo light that is tapped into the dome light, installed side steps, etc. None of these things are complex by any objective mechanical stretch, but it does give me some satisfaction to do it myself, and I’ve been surprised how easy the Jeep is to work on. I’ll still leave the suspension work to the pro’s, but the exterior stuff has been really fun to customize.
Yes, I ordered and now have 1/2" Impact wrench and both set's of 1/2" sockets. SAE/Metric.
Torque wrench and regular 1/2" socket wrench.

I have installed my Pod lights and my Rancho Rear Diff glide plate and my DV8 front diff skid plate.

I have ordered my Rock Hard front/rear LCA skid plates, Not sure yet when ship date will be.

About to order the ASFIR Engine & Gear skid plate. From what I read the other factory skids work well enough. Not for Lite-Brite rock crawling but that's serious off-roading.

Looking forward to doing those items. Learning as I go.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Cleaned inside and out. Then back to garage.

Bonus Fall photo. One day will make trip to see first hand.

20211008_142224.jpg

20211007_232209.jpg

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
finally installed the custom name decal on my hood. The otherside just says Rubicon.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1633722155927
Nice 👍🏻. My new hood decals should be here any day now

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
i wanted it to flow and a bit subtle so i had Don use the same colour, scale and font as the original Rubi decal on the other side.
I agree. Looks great keeping with the Rubi styling. I did same except red coloring to match my other graphics. Finally time to remove Rubicon on hood since mine is a Sport S with a takeoff Rubi hood :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F749930C-DEBA-4D48-84C5-015DFF75C939