What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
installed 2.5inch lift kit and 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Also deleted the third brake light since I have the spare tire brake light on! Much better look! Can’t wait to hit the Bantam Trailfest this weekend!
5514C7E9-5FC9-4EE7-A641-FD823E65A789.jpeg

0311C640-D0B5-4902-8512-38BAE916A067.jpeg
I like that look!

BC80ADA3-FE7D-4087-8E9C-C4D56FFBD51C.jpeg

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
I like that look!

BC80ADA3-FE7D-4087-8E9C-C4D56FFBD51C.jpeg
Thank you! I love it, between the tires, lift and steering stabilizer it has a super smooth ride, little to no road noise, and honesty just feels all around better than stock. Highly recommend the Nitto Ridge Grappler tires! Nice jeep btw!

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I cancelled my backordered (since July) k&n Blackhawk cold air filter from Quadrouttastock and ordered one from Extreme Terrain that’ll be here in 3 days. Go figure…
I’ve noticed quadrouttastock hasn’t had much in stock lately. Are they still a thing?

Dave928

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 03 Silverado, 88 Porsche 928 S4
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Curious - what’s the criteria for the diff and transfer case fluid changes? Is it mileage or age? If so, what are they?
inspect F+R diff fluid every 20k
change F+R diff fluid every 30k if :
"Change front and rear axle fluid if
using your vehicle for police, taxi,
fleet, off-road or frequent trailer
towing"

inspect T-case fluid every 30k
change t-case fluid every 60k if :
"Change transfer case fluid if using
your vehicle for any of the following:
police, taxi, fleet, or frequent trailer
towing"

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I took off the passenger side rock slider, taped up the rocker area, and test fit the Fishbone Offroad scale armor. The sky opened up and dumped buckets before I got any pictures.

I'm pretty dubious about doing this install. I've practiced installing rivet nuts in an old piece of sheet metal, and I have that down totally within my comfort zone. What's outside my comfort zone is getting this thing aligned perfectly before I start marking and drilling. It would be soooooo easy for something to slip. Sliding up and down is a problem. Tilting lengthwise is a problem. The way these things are made, they bend away from the Jeep, and I'm going to have to place each nut, thread a bolt in it, and take my best guess at the location that will pull the next bit of metal in when I screw that bolt down.

I guess the idea is to have some spring tension pushing against the bolts, but this seems like a lot of bend. The passenger side rock slider, looking back to front, has a slight curve like this ) while the scale armor piece has a slight curve like this (. It's going to take a lot of English to get that man handled into position.

I don't like my chances of doing that right the first time. I got my son in on this whole deal, and I asked him what he thought our chances were of getting these installed correctly. His typically taciturn answer was, "Low."

Wkywhitealtitude

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator, Jeep Wrangler JLU
Wife and I installed the dirtydog4x4 dog liner in her wrangler, she had one in her old jk, very nice liner if you have dogs

24FD83D5-8E03-44A6-BCE5-9C39F9D774FB.jpeg

9C918BE7-3DCA-41EE-87E7-E78D541FE13A.jpeg

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I gave mine a hand wash/dry, and good vacuuming. The Dyson Animal continues to impress.

I don't know what it is about vacuuming a vehicle that makes it feel new again, but I do like a tidy interior. This is doubly true when considering the all-weather MOPAR mats in my Jeep, which scuff themselves if you even look at them sideways. 😑

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Don't the same only using the warn power interrupt kit. Hopefully I can get mine done this week.
Ya its pretty neat i made a little bracket out of aluminum and wrapped it in electrical tape looks ok wish i was more of a fabricator.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I cancelled my backordered (since July) k&n Blackhawk cold air filter from Quadrouttastock and ordered one from Extreme Terrain that’ll be here in 3 days. Go figure…
Got mine from ET last week...took 4 days, but still a great deal.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
Installed the Genesis dual battery system. Who ever said they did it in a couple hrs, I don’t think so. Took me 6 plus hrs and two trips to napa for a few sockets etc. I installed it by myself which I don’t recommend, After following the instructions from Genesis video, cranked right up. Took a test drive, great. Next I will install the g -screen. Still can’t make my mind up where to mount it. I like the location on the video but. Looks like a pita to do. First I need a 3 day recoup. The Genesis Seems like a good product. Better than factory crap. Now I have a good factory battery and baby battery if any one is interested, also rubicon take of front suspension parts which I replaced with steersmarts. You pick up (all free). FYI don’t do this in 85-90 degree weather. It was brutal and stupid on my part but it’s done.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9C918BE7-3DCA-41EE-87E7-E78D541FE13A

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9C918BE7-3DCA-41EE-87E7-E78D541FE13A

Took me about 4 hours. I go by the 10x rule. However long the install video is I assume it will take me ten times longer.

navyflyer

First Name
“Chopper” Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubi
Occupation
Airline pilot
I’ve noticed quadrouttastock hasn’t had much in stock lately. Are they still a thing?
I like them. But, their shelves have been lacking I’d say in general. I mean I ordered the intake in July! It shouldn’t take this long….