First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Genesis battery charger finally arrived. Now charging the full river batteries to be installed with the genesis dual battery tray. Reattached the rear window defrost thingy. Hope it works. Not going to touch it for 24 hrs. Those are some heavy darn batteries. Maybe attempt to tackle the battery tray removal and replace tomorrow. Depends on how I feel. Be nice to have younger help but don’t. Will follow up as it progresses.

48408BAE-4567-4B4B-9CAB-E57723A3FD50.jpeg

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Well it took me many months, but I finally got suitable tires. Nitto Ridge Grappler 265/70/17. Would of like to have gone bigger but some health issues hit me hard.
I caught Covid in late March, caused me to have a stroke, laid up in a hospital for almost 2 months. All I could think about was getting out of the hospital and drive my new only 4 month old Jeep JL.
With some great Physical Therapy over the last 4.5 months I went from a Wheelchair to walker to now just using a cane. Was on a mission to relearn how to drive with opposite foot, get outside and do slow mods to my Jeep. Since June I have installed aux lights, Bestop Sunrider, LED headlights, Grill Inserts, LED floor lights, rock lights, and now tires. Next mod will be a new front bumper Jeep Power!!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 876344B2-D7A4-4754-9AB1-2412B8048A3A
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 876344B2-D7A4-4754-9AB1-2412B8048A3A
More power to you man, way to keep at it! Hope your recovery continues to progress, along with the JL!

Riperoo

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JLU Sahara Altitude Diesel
Have you thought about using the one in the console? I drilled a small hole in the side of it and run the USB cord out of the console and next to the drivers seat where the E-Brake is. My phone sits in there plugged in and keeps everything nice and neat. Just a thought ...
Does that one work with the Carplay feature? I thought it was only the ones on the dash, but I may be way off.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm seriously thinking about installing this
just make sure you go nice and slow in removing the torx screws that hold the glass. they have green loctite and can break off if you are not careful..

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
just make sure you go nice and slow in removing the torx screws that hold the glass. they have green loctite and can break off if you are not careful..
Great to know!! They don't mention that in the videos I've watch on the install.

klhjeep2018

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Occupation
Sales manager
Finished setting up the Auto-dim High Beam headlamp control on the 80th Edition using the JScan App.
So the auto hi-beam wasn’t stock on your jeep? Did you add it? If so can you list the parts.

Thanks

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Does that one work with the Carplay feature? I thought it was only the ones on the dash, but I may be way off.
I use the console USB port all the time for CarPlay. There’s a notch on both sides to allow the cable out. No drilling.

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
So the auto hi-beam wasn’t stock on your jeep? Did you add it? If so can you list the parts.

Thanks
For 2021 Jeep added the auto-dim high beam function to Wranglers with the advanced safety group package, Jeep introduced this function to Gladiators with the advanced safety group package around mid 2020 MY (late 2019). When I ordered the Gladiator (and 80th edition) the function was listed under the advanced safety group options on the Jeep website but was not on the Jeeps when delivered.

My Gladiator was built in November 2019, when I contacted Jeep we went back and forth with the end result of them saying the function was not available for vehicles built prior to mid January 2020. The same thing happened with the Wrangler. We ordered the Wrangler in October 2020, built November 2021, and when it came in the function was not available. I called Jeep and we again went back and forth with them stating the function was not able to be added as it was not built with that function.

There was a long thread on the Gladiator forums where a member used AlfaOBD to find the module and settings needed to configure the auto-dim high beam function and verified it works.

The only requirement that I am aware of is the Jeep to have the advanced safety group when built. The auto-dim high beam uses the adaptive cruise control camera to sense vehicle lights and the programming turns the high beams on and off.

What you need:

OBD Bluetooth Scanner: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Security gateway bypass cable: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PTBZ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Software/App: JScan App or AlfaOBD, I am not sure if Tazer offers this ability.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
USB 1, 2, & 3 work with Carplay. USB 4 is charge only. I have my Music on USB2 and my phone charges/car play from USB3 in back so that panel stays open and not the one on the dash. :)

Revs2ninegrand

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I am using the following, the Autel SGW cables were not in stock when I ordered although the cables are probably manufactured by the same plant and there is probably no difference:

ODB Scanner - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JFRFJG6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

SGW bypass cables - https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B082PTBZ6K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Let me know if you have any questions.

Off topic, but is the SGW cable listed above the same I'd need for a tazer lite extension?

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
It does.

As others have said, there is a notch on the side of the console so you do not have to drill a hole. I chose to as I felt it looked better without the cord coming out of the top of the lid. I also have a hair tie around the e-brake to hold it in place. Yes, I'm a touch OCD …

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JL USB Cord

Last edited:

James202198

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Willys
Occupation
F&I Manager at Jeep Dealership
Vehicle Showcase
installed 2.5inch lift kit and 35” Nitto Ridge Grapplers. Also deleted the third brake light since I have the spare tire brake light on! Much better look! Can’t wait to hit the Bantam Trailfest this weekend!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 5514C7E9-5FC9-4EE7-A641-FD823E65A789

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0311C640-D0B5-4902-8512-38BAE916A067