Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
This may be a stupid question, but I think I've seen a couple people mention this...
You need the adaptive cruise or something (camera) to get auto-dim high beams right? So isn't the auto-dim automatically come with it? In other words, how do you have the equipment to run it but it's not activated??
The camera for the adaptive cruise is required for the auto-dim high beam feature.

Easy, it was not programmed at the factory for the auto-dim high beam feature.

Example: I ordered my Gladiator in October ‘19 and the Jeep configurator had the auto-dim high beam as part of the advanced safety group (adaptive cruise). When I received it in November (built in November) the option was not listed nor was it programmed for it. After going back and forth with Jeep their response was the feature was not available on Gladiators built before January 14th, 2020. All the hardware is there just not turned on.

Same thing happened with the other half’s 80th edition we ordered in October 2020 and when it came in the feature was not enabled. Went back and forth with Jeep again then several months later their official response was that it is only on Jeeps built after January 2021 and there was no way to reprogram the Jeep or add the sales code to enable the feature.

I bought the Bluetooth OBD scanner and JScan to enable the option, my take away is never order your Jeep in October and wait until after the first of the year ;-). Two Jeeps in two years with the exact same problem and response from Jeep. ”The website was wrong when it was ordered and the feature was not available.”

jurassic3k

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Kia Telluride SX AWD
Successfully installed the Mopar Passive Entry Kit over the weekend and programmed it this evening with the Tazer Mini. Believe it or not it took me longer to get the Tazer installed than it took me to install this kit.......

1632794181562.png
I'm seriously thinking about installing this

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Successfully installed the Mopar Passive Entry Kit over the weekend and programmed it this evening with the Tazer Mini. Believe it or not it took me longer to get the Tazer installed than it took me to install this kit.......

1632794181562.png
How much for this kit? Is it a all in one kit or pieced together? I’d like to have the proximity entry as well.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I was looking at getting a set for mine but the site said no after market rims? I have a set of 17”x12.5 Fuel rims. Any idea if they’ll fit?
You’ll probably need spline drives for aftermarket.

I ordered Raceline’s lug kit when I got my wheels, and it’s only $50 direct.

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
I was just curious because you are about as tall as i am, youve got to be just about out of shock travel no? Ive got 14” length shocks and im sitting at 28” eye to eye at ride @samorris960
You are correct. Just over 28” in the rear. Not much left but I have 2.5” extension brackets to help. I have plans for AccuTune coilovers in the future 😬

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. Just over 28” in the rear. Not much left but I have 2.5” extension brackets to help. I have plans for AccuTune coilovers in the future 😬
Right on 👍🏻 Youre gonna be a little tall for thier jl kit unless youre just gonna get different coilovers from them? I dont know the exact over all lengths they use, but just as an fyi. I could be wrong though

samorris960

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon EcoDiesel
Right on 👍🏻 Youre gonna be a little tall for thier jl kit unless youre just gonna get different coilovers from them? I dont know the exact over all lengths they use, but just as an fyi. I could be wrong though
I’ll likely just get their coilovers and frankenstein the bracketry setup.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Keep things in perspective. As long as you had fun putting those stripes on, then well worth it in my book.
Oh, I had fun doing it, and I will do it all again, but I do wish I could figure out a reasonable way to trim the brush back a little. I need to borrow one of those pole mowers the highway department uses.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I put in some DynaTrac ball joints. Drives pretty good now, death wobble feels gone (tough to tell with an unbalanced tire). I could probably get rid of my dual steering stabilizers now, but meh...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210919_160242