What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Added hood decal from @pixeldecals and changed badges to match. Installing MOPAR satin black grille today whenever FedEx decides to deliver it.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1F40B171-93E3-4712-89F0-99E8843DF978
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 641717B7-6BD6-4915-8539-B891401A7144
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 154CD0FF-2BA3-4287-B920-79468D5E581F

mchastings

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Sport S 2Dr / 2015 Rubicon JKU/2020 Willys JLU Diesel
Occupation
Working to pay my Taxes
This is a fun thread I’ve seen on a few other forums. Can be anything from mods to drives, to washes, etc. pictures are always a plus!

So what did you do to your Jeep today?
Scratched the Hell out of the paint job! but it was fun!

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
One of you guy's, Active Military or that are retired Military ....... talking in this thread I believe.... a long... while back asked about ....

Anyway, yes, Army and Marine soon to be available. Hoping for Navy too, (I'm sure there will be) as I want to gift to someone I know that is active Navy that owns a JT.

On edit: I just found out they will have Army, Navy, Marines, AirForce and Coast Guard..

Key Hole Covers
army.JPG

Oops... forgot to mention that there will also be a Fire Dept. keyhole cover.

What I'm wondering would anyone here be interested in a Vietnam Vet and or a Iraq Conflict keyhole cover. I mentioned to DI Labs that I thought guys/gals would be interested in those..

Your thoughts... ideas on this..

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Well not today, but over the last few weeks. I purchased ROAM rock rail steps a couple years ago and had them "Truck bed lined" with order. From almost the very beginning the truck bed liner would rip open at the sharp metal seams. I would use spray on truck bed repair paint, but it was a losing battle. This past summer I went to Windrock park in TN and shredded the "truck bed" finish on them. Not even 2 years old.

Came home, ripped off the rest of finish. It came off way to easily, it was not bonded to the metal at all. I power washed them to get off what was left that I couldn't pull of by hand. I then looked into Rhino lining or powder coating. I probably should have used Rhino lining for the best durability, but the 2 local shops were flakey, and a local powder coating shop was responsive and had good pricing, we will see how it holds up.

They took the rails which honestly still looked brand new, sandblasted them, zinc dipped them, powder coated dark grey (match fender color) a textured finish, then baked them. I wired them back up and got them back on, we'll see how they hold up.

Ripped up "truck bed lining" that Roam applied with purchase:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2357

Return from Powder Coating:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2625

The truck bed finish hid the welds better, this finish you can make out the individual metal pieces and the weld locations, but the finish is very nice.

Finished product:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2645

Like before, the LED bullets are wired to interior door lamps, so they come on with unlock/door open and fade out along with the interior lights.

The red highlight piece I striped down and repainted, and added clearcoat finish to it too. Oh, and all hardware replaced with stainless steel. The bolts were in bad shape.

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Not very exciting, but needed done.” On my new Jeep.
1) Checked and fully seated all of my fuses. (Only a couple were loose.)
2) lowered the tire air pressure. Doing chalk test this weekend. They were at 40psi at delivery.
3) Drove it with a BIG stupid grin on my face!!!

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Not very exciting, but needed done.” On my new Jeep.
1) Checked and fully seated all of my fuses. (Only a couple were loose.)
2) lowered the tire air pressure. Doing chalk test this weekend. They were at 40psi at delivery.
3) Drove it with a BIG stupid grin on my face!!!
Over three years of owning mine and number 3 still applies. The grin gets even bigger when she’s nekkid.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Well not today, but over the last few weeks. I purchased ROAM rock rail steps a couple years ago and had them "Truck bed lined" with order. From almost the very beginning the truck bed liner would rip open at the sharp metal seams. I would use spray on truck bed repair paint, but it was a losing battle. This past summer I went to Windrock park in TN and shredded the "truck bed" finish on them. Not even 2 years old.

Came home, ripped off the rest of finish. It came off way to easily, it was not bonded to the metal at all. I power washed them to get off what was left that I couldn't pull of by hand. I then looked into Rhino lining or powder coating. I probably should have used Rhino lining for the best durability, but the 2 local shops were flakey, and a local powder coating shop was responsive and had good pricing, we will see how it holds up.

They took the rails which honestly still looked brand new, sandblasted them, zinc dipped them, powder coated dark grey (match fender color) a textured finish, then baked them. I wired them back up and got them back on, we'll see how they hold up.

Ripped up "truck bed lining" that Roam applied with purchase:

Return from Powder Coating:

The truck bed finish hid the welds better, this finish you can make out the individual metal pieces and the weld locations, but the finish is very nice.

Finished product:

Like before, the LED bullets are wired to interior door lamps, so they come on with unlock/door open and fade out along with the interior lights.

The red highlight piece I striped down and repainted, and added clearcoat finish to it too. Oh, and all hardware replaced with stainless steel. The bolts were in bad shape.
Love it looks awesome

Hellayella HB

First Name
Hollis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Installed 2 6" Diode Dynamic light bars (white, driving) using their cowl mounts. Overall super-easy. Jeep's AUX wiring set-up makes this stuff a breeze, even for a novice. Looking forward to dark tonight to check out performance and dial in position.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Diode Dynamic 1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Diode Dynamic 2
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Diode Dynamic 3

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
A mod a day keeps the THOTs away.

Rubi shocks are on:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210923_163443-

These were a neat little 10 second accessory. I like the finished look:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? img_20210923_210713-

More slaps... because it didn't have enough already. Attacked the interior this time though:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? img_20210923_210803-

Reorganized the storage bin and added the Mopar jack base:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210923_185847-

Wiring the rear facing pods up and doing the rear inner fender liners tomorrow (hopefully).

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Swapped out the bright white grille for the satin black grille.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4F152D9E-EB70-4847-BA0A-672175376EFB
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8D6C5BE7-D02E-4EE5-861D-34CDDBE58D6D