Jay 13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
SAD DAY FOR JEEPERS
Hey come on man, you don’t have to judge him/her on the choices they make for their rig.

I get it may not be your cup of tea…not mine either….but something I may do, may not be their cup of tea either. Luckily though it’s their rig, their money, their choice! Isn’t that a big part of being a “jeeper” and the Jeep community?!?….to make your rig your own?

I think it’s a “sad day for jeepers” when we’re judging what a fellow jeeper chooses to do to THEIR rig.

WrangleDangle

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Cool Tech H3R Fire Extinguisher Kit
What was involved in fastening the bracket for the fire extinguisher to your roll bar? Was there any drilling required? Is this bracket worth 77.00? Please advise. Thanks.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Well it’s raining so not much to the JL, more like for it.

Morned my XJuggy sale by cleaning up and organizing the garage. Started out with buying a tool chest to organize my tools 20 years after my first socket set purchase 😂

That was followed this morning by building this work bench with a welder garage. Now to start purging crap I have been toting around for 12 years of Army PCSing.

AE094B57-77E6-483D-90F3-5B93D7AF6965.jpeg

EE9B04E6-06A4-411C-9499-321A40D7B274.jpeg

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I can’t believe this is a real product. None of us Jeepers would actually do this, right? Please tell me no.
What was involved in fastening the bracket for the fire extinguisher to your roll bar? Was there any drilling required? Is this bracket worth 77.00? Please advise. Thanks.
i love it and it's the cleanest set up. you do need to tap the existing hole on the roll bar but that's very simple to do.

fire extinguisher.jpg

FRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Suburban 4x4, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Brilliant! what did you use for hinges on those doors? pics please? :)
Currently overlanding in Michigan UP. Sorry for the overly simply response. I built it similar to the Goose Gear. The lip that fits under the plate secures the side opposite the compression latches. GG used aluminum plates and mine are 1/8 manufactured fiberglass that I had on hand.

E2B83F8A-20F9-45DF-93EC-619A891CBF23.jpeg

7C78954C-52E2-46E0-8B1D-DF3A9BFB4C15.jpeg

314AB7FC-1CF3-47A3-B98E-5E24BACA858B.jpeg

CE6C3368-3FB2-4890-9A0D-A206E6C57779.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
One of you guy's, Active Military or that are retired Military ....... talking in this thread I believe.... a long... while back asked about ....

Anyway, yes, Army and Marine soon to be available. Hoping for Navy too, (I'm sure there will be) as I want to gift to someone I know that is active Navy that owns a JT.

On edit: I just found out they will have Army, Navy, Marines, AirForce and Coast Guard..

Key Hole Covers
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? army.JPG

Last edited:

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
I think that has to be where the water got in. There was almost no visible sign of infiltration. Everything happened below the floor mats, except for that one place where it got deep enough to overflow up into the floor mat. If it had come under the doors, I would have noticed. Especially since I opened one of the doors and looked. The water was lapping at the rock sliders at that point. My lower door sills are 26" off the ground.
I haven't seen it discussed lately, but early on it was found the Mopar All Weather Floor Mat's built in drain did not seal against the drain hole and would let water in from underneath. Here's my fix for the old leaky ones, the newer ones fit tighter and have a built in seal. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-floor-mats-drain-sealing.9836/#post-238196

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I haven't seen it discussed lately, but early on it was found the Mopar All Weather Floor Mat's built in drain did not seal against the drain hole and would let water in from underneath. Here's my fix for the old leaky ones, the newer ones fit tighter and have a built in seal. https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-floor-mats-drain-sealing.9836/#post-238196
Interesting. I never really paid that much attention to the floor mats. They came from the factory with the plug in the floor, and that built-in drain jammed into the drain plug, and the carpeting.

The floor plugs have to be the entry point for the water in my case. I think it happened, because I stalled out, and sat there for a few minutes while I figured out how to get myself out of that mess.

(Note, when I went wheeling the same trail this weekend, I looked at that undisturbed muck water, remembered my previous misadventure, remembered the rain we got last week, looked at the bypass seriously, and then I just ripped through it. Nah. The weekend before last was a fluke.)

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I washed it. (Ironically, I didn't even take pictures of the first time the Jeep has been clean in three weeks.)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1632193488349

Then I tried my new water broom/undercarriage washer from WARMQ. That's right, WARMQ is the brand I always trust most when I'm buying generic Chinese stuff. It's the Q that inspires confidence. They're so much better than WARMT. (Incidentally, I'm stone cold sober, and this is proof that my weird rambling isn't a sign of my inebriation.)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1632193654252

Then I decided to take off my RC front diff skid and paint it red, to match the Rancho in the back. It was that or paint the Rancho black, but I kind of like the red. What the hell, a splash of color never hurt anything. Also, it needed painting, because it did its job the other day, and I gouged it pretty good.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1632193756319

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1632193793027