First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Donā€™t forget the ā€œdecapitatorā€œ auto up window wiring mod. Not only does it make your windows killer But no doubt whatsoever that it adds 30 MPG on top of the 20ish we get now.
+1 on the auto up mod. After the bag hooks on the back of the front seats, that is the best thing about my jeep. I have no doubt it took a second off the 0-60 time.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Are you crazy, i cannot believe i wasted all that money on a winch capable bumper & winch. This product is geniusā€¦ā€¦..

am i the only one who wants to get one of these and put it on my rear bumper?
I've been sitting on 2 of these bad boys, just waiting on some free time to install. I think it'll look boss with the hooks meeting in the middle, right below the spare.

Rock Hopper

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB, 2019 Cherokee, 2015 GrCherokee, 2006 TJ
Occupation
Retired Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Wired up some Baja Design squadrons. The aux switches make things so easy.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D48988E9-3E90-4314-B03C-76521C281520

D48988E9-3E90-4314-B03C-76521C281520.jpeg
Did the same with some KC LZRs. Can't believe how bright they are, plus the lights look great mounted up on the cowl.

Looks good!
20210508_165913.jpg

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
Did the same with some KC LZRs. Can't believe how bright they are, plus the lights look great mounted up on the cowl.

Looks good!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210508_165913
I've been eyeing the KC Flex Era 3 for the cowl but these look great and have me reconsidering. Love the way these look!

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Wolfy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I received and installed Carbon sleeves for the @Redline Tuning, struts on my JL....... Real nice. Install took about 4 mins. on each side ....

If interested in Carbon sleeves ......Look at your Redline Tuning Struts. There are numbers on them.. Mine were marked 180.

With that number in mind, I went here and ordered the one's for QL-180.
https://www.redlinetuning.com/product-p/41-00003.htm

IF in doubt which to order, be sure to reach out to @Redline Tuning before you order.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210508_165913
Wow, talk about bling. I have the old fashioned prop rod. You have the cool hydaulic struts, AND now they are covered in carbon fiber. That is over the top!. I own 3 carbon fiber bikes. Huge weight savings. I have carbon parts on my motorcycle, weight savings and bling. I love CF, but you have taken it to another level.

cf_heat_shield_2.jpg

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Not my Jeep, but helped my bud replace his winch and rotate his tires.

He had the Badlands winch and added the rope and a wireless controller to it. Well the wireless controller failed and sometime during the night it turned the winch on and tried pulling rope in. The rope did not break as it was rated for over the 12,000 pound pull of the winch. The winch just kept pulling and pulling, tweaking the winch mounting plate a little bit and while it did not great the rope, It did damage it. The winch got hot enough that it melted the negative power cable until It broke and cut the power to the winch.

While I tried to talk him out of putting another badlands winch back on...... He had bought the free replacement warranty, so we put his new badlands winch back on. This is like the 5th one I have seen fail. I think he is lucky that it did not catch on fire and burn his Jeep down.

Only a Jeep owner. $60,000 vehicle, hand me the grinder and a can of flat black spray paint. Note: I have said this myself....
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? cf_heat_shield_2

So just a quick breakdown of buying a Badlands winch.

$300 for the initial winch
$180 for the "best" warranty
$129 for the synthetic rope.
$39 for the wireless remote
$20 for the Fairlead
Then another $180 for the warranty on the free winch.

Total price for running a Badlands winch on his Jeep $848+ tax $898. But at least he has a new Badlands winch.

At least Harbor Freight is easy to deal with, they just handed him a new winch and out the store we went.

I also think he is lucky that he had a high quality Poison Spyder bumper that did not collapse in on itself. While it did bend the winch mounting place a little bit it was still usable.
It comes with power cutoff switch in the box and super easy to install to ensure winch only has power when you want it to.