Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Winter.....Winter......what's winter......????

weather.jpg
Vermont is a long way from Texas. ;) Temps get close to 80 I will open my Jeep again. As you know its HOT/Humid in our State. :sun:😎 I kept mine open until early June and AC won out.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Yikes! The post is funny but the smelly carpet is not.
Rutting lesbian ferrets? That was so random and weird that I feel like I outdid myself.

Since you already have the carpet removed, have you thought of armorlite?
Yes. I can't afford it right now.

Been through this. Pulled the carpet, shampooed it by hand, and reinstalled. Took a full day. No skunky smell, but the new car smell was gone.

Armorlite is on my list for future mods.
Mine too, along with a snorkel. I'm not going to be in a position to afford any of that for quite some time though. I had fun on my build, I put some cool stuff on my Jeep, but it's time to put on my big boy panties and not go bankrupt.

So from all I have been reading and seeing is that the drain plugs leak into cab if they are under water.
I think that has to be where the water got in. There was almost no visible sign of infiltration. Everything happened below the floor mats, except for that one place where it got deep enough to overflow up into the floor mat. If it had come under the doors, I would have noticed. Especially since I opened one of the doors and looked. The water was lapping at the rock sliders at that point. My lower door sills are 26" off the ground.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

OldMarine

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I just call a call that my MOPAR tube doors are in and I’ll pick them up tomorrow (stuck at work).
Now all of my first batch of “Mods” are here CMM mirrors, ARC hangers, and MOPAR tube doors. Jeep expected on Monday….it’s going to feel like a loooooooooong weekend!

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Got them put on tonight. Not bad install just little tweaking of hinges to get properly aligned. Big difference between Tube Doors from an air flow perspective. Definitely more open then full doors with windows open. Really like the position of arm resting on sill while driving. Looks to be about 3” lower. The fit and finish is really nice. Matter of fact, I may transfer the Proximity locks over to my full doors.

Here is a couple pics comparing full door, half door, and tube doors. Along with a few inside pics.

Overall pretty pleased at the moment. :)
Sorry for all pics

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? J137652-JL

Looking good you got it covered on doors man

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
I installed front Alloy USA 2.5” spacers up front to replace my 1.5” spacers also used Mopar front 2” lift sway bar links already have the Mopar 2” lift lower control arms, and a Rubicon Diesel springs, installed Metal Cloak rocksport shocks i was happy with them on my 14 JK. And i had a popping in the front end when turning out of the driveway sure enough the right upper ball joint was hand tight, i torqued all the tie-rod drag-link ends the were not to spec. It rides like a dream and i can pull my camper without hardly any sag with this suspension. And 34” trail grapplers

01A8FE75-16A7-4689-8F69-9336C1289FE1.jpeg

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Looking good you got it covered on doors man
Haha. I know right. Probably sell Tube Doors soon. Making sure half doors are the way I want to go. Does seem like they will be staying and tube doors going :)

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
Added 130 watts of solar power with foldable panel that plugs directly into Dometic PLB40 which in turn powers my Dometic fridge in back of Jeep. Now no need to worry about draining Jeep battery. Plus is way less weight / bulk than Goal Zero panel and battery This panel folds down to 23” x 9” and is only 9 lbs . Tucks right under 2nd row seats
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01A8FE75-16A7-4689-8F69-9336C1289FE1
Did you try it yet

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My Wrangler has the distinction of having factory windscreen wipers with the shortest service life I've ever experienced: barely 7 months.* Their performance just fell off a cliff.

And so they were replaced without further delay.

*That figure is net of the period of time when I was using dedicated winter wiper blades.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210916_150932

pangmaster

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
Occupation
Enterprise architect
Vehicle Showcase
Nothing too fancy, but today I replaced the Brawlee tailgate light that failed just out of warranty; after only 16 months. :mad:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0230

The Oracle kit is good and plenty bright, though the Brawlee was brighter. Since I already had it hardwired in, I just spliced the Oracle into the existing wiring.

The switch I had previously put in for the Brawlee allows me to keep the Oracle switches from being lit all the time, even if it's somewhat redundant.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Haha. I know right. Probably sell Tube Doors soon. Making sure half doors are the way I want to go. Does seem like they will be staying and tube doors going :)
Half doors are the very best man hats off to you