What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Clay bar'd the windshield frame and sides of the Jeep to get tree sap off from a tight trail. Also used rubbing alcohol to get it off the soft top. Looks much better.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Should be installing this week.

CB8373F1-2308-449E-A4B1-C4C2FE4CBABD.jpeg

Sneak peek of what’s in the boxes :)

FE0AACE7-4BEA-4C28-9B55-C6E4077AE09B.jpeg
Got them put on tonight. Not bad install just little tweaking of hinges to get properly aligned. Big difference between Tube Doors from an air flow perspective. Definitely more open then full doors with windows open. Really like the position of arm resting on sill while driving. Looks to be about 3” lower. The fit and finish is really nice. Matter of fact, I may transfer the Proximity locks over to my full doors.

Here is a couple pics comparing full door, half door, and tube doors. Along with a few inside pics.

Overall pretty pleased at the moment. :)
Sorry for all pics

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 49FFE821-4FC4-474B-8C8D-59ACC64BED78
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9DEDE7C1-2F45-43D8-AD9A-62AE11D2F401
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 67AF0221-0D1C-40CB-A1CC-929CA9A6CB61
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 55B5BE7C-36A8-47C0-8C39-58C29282DC39
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DB54E101-8852-4D93-863A-D3BAD0FC37B4
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 903E77D7-8907-479B-BF8B-B04AE955EE81
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 32F5D4FC-0664-44BD-B80E-C24CA5A8CD56
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 01D5C813-763F-40BF-BC47-78120DB31E83
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 523799A6-DDD3-46C6-8238-8ADE65F02439

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 117AAD7F-2614-4C16-AAFF-EA47C1AA532F

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Had Discount Tire do a 5 wheel rebalance and rotation

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I finally realized the puddle of water in the passenger floor was not condensation from my drink cooler. No, idiot, that was just the drizzle on top of the muck sundae below.

So I took the carpet out and blasted it until the water eventually ran clear, then I hosed out the floor pan. Amazing! Sure, I read about it in the manual at some point, but this was the first time I actually took a water hose to the interior of a vehicle.

I think I caught this before a rancid stink had a chance to set in. I am hopeful that everything will dry out and smell okay. I'm glad I didn't actually go into water 30" deep, or it would have been even worse.

Fastmover

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2.0L Billet JLR: Ordered 1/9. Delivered 2/13. Picked up 3/5.
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think I caught this before a rancid stink had a chance to set in. I am hopeful that everything will dry out and smell okay. I'm glad I didn't actually go into water 30" deep, or it would have been even worse.
Point a fan at the carpet. It will be bone dry in a couple hours.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I finally realized that I had water everywhere, and not just the passenger front. I ripped out allllll the carpet. Except in the far back. I hosed the far back down with clear water, and I'm hoping it will just drain and not smell funky, without having to actually rip all the carpet that falls behind the rear seats.

I spent some time pondering how the hell I got so much water in without noticing. Did it ooze up through the drain plugs from below?

I really need to take the bypass on that water hole from this point on. Sure, my Jeep made it through, but I will have 42 hours tied up trying to de-funk the carpet when it's all said and done, and it will probably still replace the new car smell with decayed skunk smell.

I mean now that I know the carpet CAN be removed, jamming a sharp metal rod down my penis seems less painful than actually dealing with removing and reinstalling it.

This is why people ditch the carpet in favor of a pond full of rutting lesbian ferrets. Wait, I mean bedliner.

Sigh.

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
I finally realized that I had water everywhere, and not just the passenger front. I ripped out allllll the carpet. Except in the far back. I hosed the far back down with clear water, and I'm hoping it will just drain and not smell funky, without having to actually rip all the carpet that falls behind the rear seats.

I spent some time pondering how the hell I got so much water in without noticing. Did it ooze up through the drain plugs from below?

I really need to take the bypass on that water hole from this point on. Sure, my Jeep made it through, but I will have 42 hours tied up trying to de-funk the carpet when it's all said and done, and it will probably still replace the new car smell with decayed skunk smell.

I mean now that I know the carpet CAN be removed, jamming a sharp metal rod down my penis seems less painful than actually dealing with removing and reinstalling it.

This is why people ditch the carpet in favor of a pond full of rutting lesbian ferrets. Wait, I mean bedliner.

Sigh.
Yikes! The post is funny but the smelly carpet is not.

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR

Sigh.
Since you already have the carpet removed, have you thought of armorlite?

stevieb92

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon 2.0t
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Removed the rear coin/phone holder and installed a cup holder.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B5832F06-B778-40CA-9CC8-A8B1AC1803BA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B5832F06-B778-40CA-9CC8-A8B1AC1803BA
Nice. Would you be so kind as to provide a part number for the cup holder? I hate the phone/coin holder thing in my Rubicon. Thanks!

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sigh.
Been through this. Pulled the carpet, shampooed it by hand, and reinstalled. Took a full day. No skunky smell, but the new car smell was gone.

Armorlite is on my list for future mods.