MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
How does the Jeep drive with new shocks comparatively?
How hard were the LCA skids to install?
As for how it drives, I drove to work today but donā€™t live far so I didnā€™t really notice anything different from the stock setup but Iā€™ll drive around town tomorrow and see if I notice anything different. But first drive, honestly couldnā€™t really tell. For me it was needed to get rid of those shock extenders for the skids.

The skids werenā€™t all that hard. The rears are easy since you can just pull the control arm bolt right out since thereā€™s no tension on them. Then itā€™s a simple bolt it up and torque it down.

The fronts arenā€™t hard either but I had a bit of trouble at first with the passenger side. I saw in a YouTube video to remove the FAD skid to install the LCA skid plate. So I did, torqued it down and went to re-install the FAD skid, and it wouldnā€™t go on. So I had to remove the LCA skid, mount the FAD skid back on, but left loose snd put the LCA skid back. Went on easy, not sure why he though it was necessary to remove the FAD skid plate. You canā€™t get a closed wrench on the LCA bolt due to the FAD skid but otherwise I was able to torque it down just fine.

As for removing the LCA bolts, I read some where of a trick to just have someone push on the tire and roll it forward or backward depending on the side and the bolt will come right out. Had my wife do that and sure enough, the bolt slid right out. Super easy from there.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
x2 Did you look at any other options like Fox, King, Rancho, etc.? Not sure how "performance" I want to go and I hear good things about the Rancho 9000s but also that they are less high performance. Speculative though so real world is best
I looked into those but I guess for me it was the budget. These were $100 each and got a military discount at 4wheel parts. I wasnā€™t really looking for performance, I donā€™t mind my stock shocks, just needed longer ones to get rid of the shock extenders for my LCA skids. With the short drive Iā€™ve done so far, it didnā€™t seem different much at all but Iā€™m sure with a bit of driving I may notice some difference.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
retinted my front windows for the 3rd time šŸ˜‚

went from 50% to 20%. Next up, 35% windshield tint

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B55E9D62-BA6C-4C9E-BA5F-32E9E127A403

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B55E9D62-BA6C-4C9E-BA5F-32E9E127A403
Looks good. I wish in TX could go that dark on the front door windows. I believe 25% is the mostā€¦at least legally. Especially as hot as it gets around here

Flamingsword

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler sport
Looks good. I wish in TX could go that dark on the front door windows. I believe 25% is the mostā€¦at least legally. Especially as hot as it gets around here
If you go with a ceramic tint it does really well with matching the rear windows without having to be to low of a percent. In NC you can only get 35 and be legal. With the ceramic the 35 almost matches factory tint of the rear windows on my jeep. Iā€™m sure 25 would do really well.
The angle on this picture makes it look like less of a match than it is but itā€™s the only one I have.

9A0AE67C-B987-4D7F-873F-E11BE0D1B567.jpeg

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

How does the Jeep drive with new shocks comparatively?
How hard were the LCA skids to install?
i picked up a set of st2 falcon 3.3's they where super pricey but the adjustability and smooth ride was well worth it. I dont think i would go back to a mono shock

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
are you doing this yourself? I am considering doing mine darker again but tint removal is a pain
I remove the tint myself, but i take it to a shop for tint. How are you removing it? They say a heat gun works fine. I use my steam machine. It takes about 5-10 minutes a window depending on how much glue residue is left behind.

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
25% up front seriously?! I wish. We arent allowed any tint here when it comes to the front windows. Canada sucks.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I did the first oil change (at 9,000 miles) and rotated the tires (at 2,000). I was surprised when the Jeep reset its own oil life. That's a neat trick. I went to reset it, and it was already at 100%.

I've been going by the oil life meter on the last three new vehicles, and I did the same thing with the Jeep. It looked like it was going to let me run all the way to 10k on the factory fill, but I'm glad I went ahead and changed it early. I wish I had changed it a lot sooner. The oil and filter were both jet black. The oil in my F150 would still be yellowish after 10,000 miles. This is different! Maybe it's because I'm running the engine a lot harder. Maybe it's a Ford vs. Mopar thing.

I'm going to run Penzoil Platium, if anybody wonders. My main selection criterion was that Penzoil Platium was in stock in 0W-20, while everything else was out. Otherwise I'd probably be running Mobil 1. Synthetic oil is synthetic oil is synthetic oil in my book, but I slightly favor Mobil 1.

I'm going to keep rotating the tires about every 2,000 miles, so the next rotation will be at 11,000 miles. I realize this is an insanely short rotation interval, but it's easy to do, and these tires are expensive. Everything I can do to drag a little life out of them is a good thing. Especially since I'm going to replace them at probably 7/32". That's just a guess, but I'm estimating that they will stop performing acceptably long before they hit the wear limit.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@omnitonic

Won't comment on your going by the oil life meter.... Not my cup of tea that is for sure...

As for the meter resetting itself automatically..... Your JL must be very special..... as I have never seen his happen on any JL or JT, I have done an oil change on... (a bunch)