MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Installed rear axle end LCA skids and front and rear diff skids.
Which LCA skids did you install? I ordered a set of Rock Hard LCA skids, just waiting for them to get delivered.

Oh…and pics or it didn’t happen. ;)

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
Which LCA skids did you install? I ordered a set of Rock Hard LCA skids, just waiting for them to get delivered.

Oh…and pics or it didn’t happen. ;)
Oh no! Rock Hards are junk. Any way you can cancel that order?

Kidding. I went with Rock Hard front and rear axle side LCA skids. They are beefy and heavy and solid and the rears bolt right on.

I went with Rusty's rear frame side LCA skid. Same, beefy and solid and the driver side bolted right on. Passenger side was a bish because the gas tank skid prevented one of the bolts from going through and the nut from getting on. I had to clearance the tank skid which took a lot of time. Once that was done, I was able to bolt it on.

The front skids from Rock Hard are still to be installed. I can NOT get the factory bolts off. Even my 1000 ft/lb electric torq wrench wont budge them.

So I ordered the front LCAs from the MOPAR lift kit, once those arrive I will have a shop install them and the skids as well as my Artec FAD skid, if it will fit with the LCA skids. Jury is still out on that one.

Anyway, lots of stuff to do.

I took photos but they are under the jeep and dark and suck.

Wrangler JL 360

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Added color matched KC light bar mount, Xprite light bar with backlit, and color matched Limb risers. Then crushed my exhaust tip over the weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8EB5E9CE-859B-4D5C-BC74-6301013839CF

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E80C6C32-154E-40B7-A31C-9DA5567BD0D9

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CBF59543-04B2-4459-B7CD-AC1A662B95B7

DD11D282-E301-497C-9813-43161D60B428.jpeg

EB976B4C-829A-4949-9C06-8B298CDC17BB.png

TMD78

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Back again with JL#3, 2 door Willys
The 360 lights have 3 wires coming off of each one. The main 12v for the fog, the ground wire and then the 12v for the backlight. The main 12v I ran to my auxiliary #2 switch wire in the engine bay to operate the main 360 fog lights and the ground wire I ran to the engine bay ground spots near the auxiliary wires in the engine bay. There are plenty of ground locations to ground to. For the backlight on each 360 i used a T-Tap to tap into the factory fog where they are mounted. I'd say the total length of the wire to tap into each factory fog light was about 12 inches on each side so it was extremely easy to do. I can't remember the wire color but just used a circuit tester to show which wire was hot when the factory fog was turned on. I didn't do any fuse changes or anything special. Just wired them up and have had no problems for the past couple months running them. Auxiliary switch #2 turns on the 360 fog lights which are white and the factory fog lights whenever they come on will turn on the amber back light.
I have the same 360 6” lights and haven’t decided how to mount them yet, love the look of your setup and I also have the trail cam i can see in your picture. How limited is that view now? I know it will be in the way, not sure how much I will use the trail cam, but curious. Maybe if you think about it you can snap a picture of what the trail cam sees through your setup. Looks incredible by the way!

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I washed it, which was kind of an exercise in reminding myself why I don't wash it more often. I hosed it with a foam cannon three times, hand washed it twice, went over it with a detailing spray to take care of a bunch of little smudges and smears, then went over it one more time. By the time I got to the mall to take my staged mall crawler pictures (the irony amuses me), enough mud had leaked out of the passenger side mirror housing to dirty that entire side of the Jeep. For pity's sake! I give up! Leaving it dirty is easier, and it's not like I'm not going to go wheeling again next weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Jeep AEV Lift

I do have to say, for the first time I ever did extensive mods to a new vehicle, the first time I ever built a Jeep, and the first time I ever lifted anything, I made some good choices and did some good work here. Whether you love it or not is immaterial to me. I LOVE this Jeep!

I think I've decided to name it El Viejo Verde. In Mexico, an "old green man" is an older man who is basically a horndog who likes younger women. Guilty as charged. Plus my Jeep is green.
you did a great Job

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
i took the doors off & top back finally having great weather also installed stubby antenna , then found some Mopar tube doors on FB marketplace for $350 i jumped on it.

doors off.jpg

hoodie

First Name
Case
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Vehicle Showcase
I washed it, which was kind of an exercise in reminding myself why I don't wash it more often. I hosed it with a foam cannon three times, hand washed it twice, went over it with a detailing spray to take care of a bunch of little smudges and smears, then went over it one more time. By the time I got to the mall to take my staged mall crawler pictures (the irony amuses me), enough mud had leaked out of the passenger side mirror housing to dirty that entire side of the Jeep. For pity's sake! I give up! Leaving it dirty is easier, and it's not like I'm not going to go wheeling again next weekend.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2E754E5D-D320-48ED-9547-EC278C91EDF7

I do have to say, for the first time I ever did extensive mods to a new vehicle, the first time I ever built a Jeep, and the first time I ever lifted anything, I made some good choices and did some good work here. Whether you love it or not is immaterial to me. I LOVE this Jeep!

I think I've decided to name it El Viejo Verde. In Mexico, an "old green man" is an older man who is basically a horndog who likes younger women. Guilty as charged. Plus my Jeep is green.
You did really well! Love everything you used to make this Jeep unique.