What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dad Rad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
I installed the final design offering of the DI Labs door lock cover with TREAD on my JL.....

Door lock covers keep the mud, sand, ice, water, horse chitt, etc. out of the door lock.

They also cover the shiny lock... and add black contrast to the side/rear of the JL.

For those interested.... DI Labs, today started selling their door lock covers... I'll say no more then that the quality, fit and look is exceptional. They are well worth the $ and look great..

Yes, as a tester of the product ..... I received a free, final design set of these with TREAD.. JUST KNOW, if they were not top notch I would not be posting positive like this/about the product offering...

https://mythreedom.com/products/jl-jt-key-hole-cap

Here is tread pattern:

tread.JPG

Double click on this pic..
20210816_122050.jpg
Rhinebeck,

Thank you for the heads-up on these. Mine came in today (Plain). PERFECT fit, and the finish is exceptional with its match to the door handle. I'm very, very happy with these. It's just a nice touch to get rid of that shiny metal on the otherwise flat-black profile and trim.

Thanks again!

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Yeah, the similar strike zone on each hood is definitely enough to make one question coincidence. After the fix, can you tell that they were there?
Nope, they did a good job. The only clue is that the final step is buffing the surface and I have less orange peel in those spots.

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
New seats installed and got all the wiring and airbag sensors figured out no lights on the dash everything functioning. Rails and brackets are off being powdercoated so running the stock rails for now
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 49E34666-CDEE-4781-A35E-FCE457DD721E
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 539702A2-CE56-433F-A8FC-E83A14218DBD

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
New seats installed and got all the wiring and airbag sensors figured out no lights on the dash everything functioning. Rails and brackets are off being powdercoated so running the stock rails for now
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 539702A2-CE56-433F-A8FC-E83A14218DBD
those look really good!

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What’s the secret for the air bag lights? I would like the ability to change my seats too.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
installed some 285/75/17 Nitto's

Sargent.jpg

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3979

Greenjeepthing

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport Mojito
Occupation
Retired Automotive Service Manager

That is bad Azz.
My older brother was in the 101 in Nam. 69,70. Just got that tattoo 2 weeks ago. Thank you for your service.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just a simple cargo mat today.

Cargo Mat.jpg

ASarsano

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
SFC - 68W
Vehicle Showcase
What’s the secret for the air bag lights? I would like the ability to change my seats too.
Pull the harness off the stock seat wire up all the sensors (weight sensor under the cushion, position sensor on the rail, and seat belt receptical) managed to wire all tjen up and install them into the new seats. The only thing I removed was the side air bag and used a resistor to keep things happy

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Rhinebeck,

Thank you for the heads-up on these. Mine came in today (Plain). PERFECT fit, and the finish is exceptional with its match to the door handle. I'm very, very happy with these. It's just a nice touch to get rid of that shiny metal on the otherwise flat-black profile and trim.

Thanks again!

@Dad Rad

I've heard from a bunch of guys that I pointed out those keyhole caps too.. Every guy was like you.... they were really happy with the fit and finish... the look...

Come Winter time the caps will do the deed for you too, in regard to keeping those key holes from freezing closed/ feeezing up thanks to Winter weather... Till then they will keep water, sand, salt, mus out of your JL's keyholes...

Be sure to protect the caps with say 303 Protectorant or similar...

https://mythreedom.com/products/jl-jt-key-hole-cap

@crdouglass3