What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Mm. Good paint work costs good money. $1K or so seems appropriate for the quoted work. Let us know how it goes.
So I learned, the local place actually quoted me 100 bucks higher. Seen COBoarder got his done by MAAACO for like 400, not sure if the red paint or my region is driving it up or what.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
So I learned, the local place actually quoted me 100 bucks higher.

Seen COBoarder got his done by MAAACO for like 400, not sure if the red paint or my region is driving it up or what.
I was going to guess that the chain (in this example, MAACO) would cost a bit less than an independent shop. If the reviews for the latter are good, I'd suggest considering the extra C-note as worth the investment for a quality job. That's been my experience with such places. Just a thought.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I was going to guess that the chain (in this example, MAACO) would cost a bit less than an independent shop. If the reviews for the latter are good, I'd suggest considering the extra C-note as worth the investment for a quality job. That's been my experience with such places. Just a thought.
Frankly leaning that way as well. They're under ten minutes from the house and very well reviewed, plus offer a lifetime warranty on the paint.

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Finally got Maryland to get my plate transferred
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image0

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered the JLU Highland Platform from Vector Offroad. I had them black powder coat it because I didn't think the aluminum color would look good in the Jeep. Received and installed it today (because, you know, patience isn't my strong suit.)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_0582

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
Added some Pixeldecals two color vent decals today. Adds some character to that area. Using these as a test to see how I like the quality. So far impressed with the material and color. The red matches the red on the Rubicon hood decals very close. I tried to match the width of the red border on the Rubicon decal. I've applied lots of large decals to semi trucks and trailers before, so install was easy peasy. Took about 30 minutes to do both sides not including drying time.
Thinking about adding the two color hood decal later. Maybe.

20210830_144805.jpg

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Our swing out tailgates can have issues clearing a loaded receiver hitch cargo basket.
Today I combined a bicycle style receiver mount(with tilt feature) and a receiver cargo basket. This bicycle unit also has a nice built in 6" lift feature to it so the cargo basket is higher off the ground. With the simple pull lever, the tailgate clears the basket even when loaded high. The tilt feature is what I wanted mostly for a up coming road trip. I did not want to be unloading the basket to gain access to the back cargo area. The name on the bicycle carrier is Sports Works.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JL cargo basket a
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JL cargo basket b
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? JL cargo basket c

there is a 90* feature also.

Last edited:

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
Real excitement, I rotated tires. They were due rotation and I've been thinking about taking it to the dealer for a Wave rotation and oil change. As I walked by it today I saw something stuck in the right rear and it was a bit low. Turns out it was a casing from a .22 A bunch of us from work went to the range yesterday and an
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210830_155411
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210830_155533
expended case found its way into my tire. I have an appointment at Discount Tire tomorrow for new tires on the Tundra, so I just did a 5 tire rotation and put the bad one in the back of the truck for them to fix. At least the timing wasn't too bad and I got home with it yesterday.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Looks close to the sidewall..... questionable whether they will repair it... Pic you have is not that great so.. maybe it is not as close to the sidewall as it looks when viewing with my smartphone.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? repairable or not

tk1700

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Altitude, 2021 JLUR, 2016 Tundra
From the outside edge of the lug its just over an inch to the center of the hole.

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
Ordered the JLU Highland Platform from Vector Offroad. I had them black powder coat it because I didn't think the aluminum color would look good in the Jeep. Received and installed it today (because, you know, patience isn't my strong suit.)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? repairable or not
Where did you get that cargo mat from? I like it.