What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
How was the wiring install for the lights?
@Daffydnbugs

I'm not sure how @Silverblkrilla did his install..... The one's I installed I did as he did........ and did install so just brake light and b/u lights on them worked...

Gal I did install for did not want running lights up high and I do not blame her... She just wanted the b/u and brake lights.

Anyway, to mount the fixtures is easy easy. Pry off hinge cap and these lights just push/snap on... they just replace the plastic hinge covers... The hinge cover(s) is not damaged in the process and can be reused..

Then, you need to get creative lets say, fishing the wires down to where you can connect somewhere.

I actually ran the wires in other wiring shrouds and through gaskets... Dropped wires down through where tail light wiring resides.. BUT.... did not use that wiring.... The JL had the tow package so I just installed at the back of the 7 pin connector which I have done many times before..

Just a pain .. time consuming, running the wires from where they originate.. Instructions are laughable at best..

Silverblkrilla

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
How was the wiring install for the lights?
I ran all wires through the hardtop. They come wired together so I cut them so that the wires are concealed. Wired everything to a 4 pin quick disconnect shown in the picture. Ran two wires (Ground and reverse) to the taillight on the driver side and the brake light off of the passenger side wire going into the tailgate. Not bad if you are comfortable doing basic wiring and have taken the rear panels apart before.

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210830_071222

After waiting and waiting, buying a JL and waiting some more, I finally got fed up and bought the JCR half door offering. Gonna see a local shop about paint today, crossing my fingers they don't try to ream me like MAAACO did - they quoted me just over a g for color matching on both doors and the hinges.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the broken passenger side sun visor club..... 🤬

I want to thank @roaniecowpony for his diy fix it thread, thanks brother. I fixed mine a little differently but I wouldn’t recommend this way unless you have surgical skills with a dremel.......:)......

I fixed mine in place, didn’t want to disassemble it to get it on the work bench. I cut away the plastic, and made a notch on both sides of the metal tube with cordless dremel with cutoff wheel. Then I used an E clip so I could leave wire in place. Be extremely careful not to go to deep and cut the wire to vanity mirror lights..........😬.....

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? A6BC10D7-A9BB-4F54-8335-79991E36A330
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B1AC1D33-F73A-4E2B-A22E-75C872218D55
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 028D5FAF-C43E-403B-80AA-6351B8CFEDE1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 57C757C1-465C-461E-A94F-EA092855FB60

zyt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Miata
I am making some small progress through my Katzkin leather seat project.
I got all 5 headrests done last week and completed the 40% rear seat yesterday. It really wasn't that bad. Patience is the key and also have a clear expectation that it will be a time consuming project. I don't want to do everything in one day, so I am purposely spreading this across multiple weeks and work on it whenever I have a couple hours of free time.
For front, I will be adding heated pads. I definitely regret not getting that option when ordering.

The seat is currently under summer sun right now which would help with wrinkles. I will be using heat gun and a clothes steamer tonight to see if I can get them out.
847280fa-7ada-473d-9e30-c89037c56d79-jpeg.jpg

8820f298-6d53-4717-8295-3900e6c61cbe-jpeg.jpg

444e347e-3ab1-4016-ad75-21184c42f259-jpeg.jpg

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my DV8 Front Diff. Skid Plate.

DV8 Diff. Skid.jpg

DV8 Skid Plate.jpg

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
This was a bit nerve wracking, but I have to give them credit. The layout board was a welcome inclusion, I wish more products came with that. The only thing I would recommend is using a small crescent wrench or socket instead of their little tool. Also find a rubber/vinyl washer for the bolts that go through the roll bar. I gooped the hell out of each hole so hopefully I won't experience any leaks during the PNW winters. All in all it was a fun project.

PS: For the love of god wear gloves, I didn't and I have a bunch of tiny fiberglass slivers.

PXL_20210830_185259195.jpg

PXL_20210830_185422487.jpg

PXL_20210830_185439844.jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I ran all wires through the hardtop. They come wired together so I cut them so that the wires are concealed. Wired everything to a 4 pin quick disconnect shown in the picture. Ran two wires (Ground and reverse) to the taillight on the driver side and the brake light off of the passenger side wire going into the tailgate. Not bad if you are comfortable doing basic wiring and have taken the rear panels apart before.
@Silverblkrilla

Did not see your pic of the 4 pin connector you used... When I did the install, I used a 4 wire flat connector set like in the pic below..

$5.00+-
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 61MiAoD9EFL._AC_SL1500_

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Was the decal easy to install? I have that very design saved in my To Buy list. TIA.

Welcomed my 392...

She's going into her new customized designed paint job today - Grassmere green and old Landrover paint I tweaked a little.

That shade of green adds a perfect retro flair to the dashboard. Well chosen. :like:

After waiting and waiting, buying a JL and waiting some more, I finally got fed up and bought the JCR half door offering. Gonna see a local shop about paint today, crossing my fingers they don't try to ream me like MAAACO did - they quoted me just over a g for color matching on both doors and the hinges.
Mm. Good paint work costs good money. $1K or so seems appropriate for the quoted work. Let us know how it goes.