What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

mini_cal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Unlimited
Got around to installing my Rockhard winch plate with the oem plastic bumper and my budget friendly winch 😆
Jeep must have been built on a Friday. Bumper didn’t want to come off/the bolts were cross threaded.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B192000E-2F5A-494E-AF52-AADAF9D2AA86

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Mini-cal, any cooling problems? Looks like a lot of area blocked by the way the winch is mounted.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
The heat and humidity finally dropped low enough to put a dent in the parts pile. Installed the front and rear Antirock sway bar kits. Just taking the step and go scenic route home, I could feel it leaning a tad more when whipping around curves and corners, but nowhere near enough to be a problem, as my jeep is not only being built up for crawling, but still has to serve as my daily driver. I also noticed less head toss and body stayed more level through a few dips that I intentionally turned to go through them diagonally.

The only things I ran out of time for, was cutting the walrus tusks off the front of the frame and I have to deactivate the edisconnect with the Tazer. The light is constant on the cluster and the status light on the button is flashing.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210815_141454

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
The heat and humidity finally dropped low enough to put a dent in the parts pile. Installed the front and rear Antirock sway bar kits. Just taking the step and go scenic route home, I could feel it leaning a tad more when whipping around curves and corners, but nowhere near enough to be a problem, as my jeep is not only being built up for crawling, but still has to serve as my daily driver. I also noticed less head toss and body stayed more level through a few dips that I intentionally turned to go through them diagonally.

The only things I ran out of time for, was cutting the walrus tusks off the front of the frame and I have to deactivate the edisconnect with the Tazer. The light is constant on the cluster and the status light on the button is flashing.
Nice :like: Can’t wait to see installed and tusks removed.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)

I should have done what you did - meaning, waited till the heat and humidity subsided. But NOPE, stupid me, did it all in 95 degree heat inside my oven of a garage. Did bumper, winch, and CMM install… including front struts and sway bar links for my wife’s car. Ugh.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I should have done what you did - meaning, waited till the heat and humidity subsided. But NOPE, stupid me, did it all in 95 degree heat inside my oven of a garage. Did bumper, winch, and CMM install… including front struts and sway bar links for my wife’s car. Ugh.
All of my installs happen out doors. My 1st fully complete lift was done in February, took about 22 hours, and I just barely drove it home before the sun came up. My 2nd lift was done last August in a similar heat spell. Took about the same length of time, and by the time I took the 50 mile drive back east, I had to go straight to work. Didn't even have enough time to swing by the house for at least a fresh set of clothes much less food, shower, and sleep. Was not fun at all, so I try to avoid that now. Hahaha!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tumblr_myat5auSRN1qclvcho3_250

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
wasted a bunch of time installing Rugged Ridge full length HD bumper only to realize it wasn't going to work without a lift....it rubbed on tires on like 3/4 turn.:swear:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 65074937999__DF570C40-171B-4C07-A864-3F06935DEC00.JPG

at least we had a win with the new taillights....
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagepGu9H7
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImagey305YM
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tempImage2YEQum

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Flushed my differentials after regear break in. Back diff was suspiciously free of metal debris. Very minor, but oil was quite dark as I was warned it would be. Front diff had some bigger pieces, but minimal heat breakdown of the oil. I only spent the first 200-300 miles popping it into 4H on straight starts.
Tomorrow night I’ll do a test drive, I don’t want to see smoke on my commute.

mazer

First Name
Mazer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2Dr
2” Rough Country wheel spacers! Sadly, as I pulled out turning all left the front right wheel only rubs the bumper so next is a stubby bumper!
If they're only hitting the air dams (and not the bumper), that's a quick and easy fix. Yank `em.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
The air quality was unhealthy due to forest fire smoke this weekend, so, rather than go hiking, I installed the Warn winch tray, Badlands winch, rotating license plate mount, and blue annodized fairlead that have been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months.
20210815_213941.jpg

20210815_213925.jpg

The rotating plate mount seems to work OK. I like the color of the fairlead by itself, but it doesn't compliment the light blue of the tow hooks.

Low_Spark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
The air quality was unhealthy due to forest fire smoke this weekend, so, rather than go hiking, I installed the Warn winch tray, Badlands winch, rotating license plate mount, and blue annodized fairlead that have been sitting in my garage for the last 6 months.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210815_213925

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210815_213925

The rotating plate mount seems to work OK. I like the color of the fairlead by itself, but it doesn't compliment the light blue of the tow hooks.
On the plus side it will cool off for the next couple of days, so we will have a little reprieve. Have you thought about using a rattle can on the fairlead to get the color match? As an aside the light blue RokBlokz are damn near a perfect match if you decide on mudflaps.

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe