dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Yes I will.
I went through two sets of MickeyThompson 35” ATZ P3 tires on my JKU so I have something of relatively close quality to compare them to. I expect they will be outstanding just like the ATZ P3 were.

I can say they are quieter “new” at frwy speeds and look beefier. They do not look like A/T tires but more like hybrid AT/MT tires.
9F6AFE81-E807-4CBE-9D64-D33EA8ED4EAF.jpeg
Please let me know pros/cons vs K02”s. Just too note, being in Florida I tackle lots of rain…. Thx.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Picked her up yesterday evening (finally!).

So far:
Rugged Ridge HD front, Mopar grab handles, Superwinch SX10000SR, Cravenspeed stubby antenna, pulled the hard top.
Still to go this weekend, 2” frankenlift, RR HD Rear, soft top install.
Tires and rims supposed to be in Tuesday.

139619DC-07DA-49A6-8848-B21BAA04A6E0.jpeg

5CBE24A4-D179-4E2C-868D-4C2D70A9091D.jpeg

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
What tune did you go with? Need more details!!
im using Dave’s tune, not the factory magnuson one. It isnt like a rocket ship/muscle car transformation or anything, but it certainly does scoot.

what you looking for?

WyoTex

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubi x 2, 2009 JKU Rubi and 1981 CJ7 Rubiwannabe
Ordered XD 137 wheels, and Rancho 3.5 inch lift, trying to decide on tires, 35 vs 37 and Cooper SST Pro vs BFG KM3 or Hankook mud tire

Bigfx1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon
im using Dave’s tune, not the factory magnuson one. It isnt like a rocket ship/muscle car transformation or anything, but it certainly does scoot.

what you looking for?
How long did the install take? How is the engine handling the boost and what parameters are you monitoring? Any concerns for longevity? I have been wanting to do this but worried it would cook the engine.

MikeJLURubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
I didn't have the factory hitch so I was able to use and extension with a universal joint just like the Oracle video shows on their website. If yours has factory hitch I believe you have to remove the bumper
That's not the case. I didn't remove mine and I have the factory hitch.
Wasn't hard install

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Other than looking pretty, is there any lubrication advantages to changing the differential covers to ARB? The added strength is understood. Thanks

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
How long did the install take? How is the engine handling the boost and what parameters are you monitoring? Any concerns for longevity? I have been wanting to do this but worried it would cook the engine.
i mean, i guess its always a risk. Im not worried about it with Dave’s tuning much. He has been running the same file on his truck for a while, and has a ton of experience. He is one of the few tuners left that I know of that still uses knock ears. Most people these days dont even know what those are.

this ecu is so complicated that getting a PD blower to do what you want is really difficult.

install can be done in a day and half in your garage, i allotted 3. Ended up letting my local shop (Bull Run 4x4) do it for me while i was on a short deployment, because time was at a premium for me. It isnt hard to install if youve got some wrenching experience. I wouldnt recommend it if your only other instal was say, an intake or whatever, or if you arent comfortable extracting broken bolts etc. but if youve got some background and a good set of tools it isnt hard.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
Other than looking pretty, is there any lubrication advantages to changing the differential covers to ARB? The added strength is understood. Thanks
There could be a lubrication disadvantage with aftermarket diff covers

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
The ARB covers have a magnetic dipstick and drain plug to easily check levels and metal shavings to quickly determine fluid/gear health. Plus, the bolts are recessed so you can’t hit them as easily.