What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

CherryOnTop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Wanted under hood lights. Found Rough Country rock lights (4 pack) with good reviews, aluminum housing and bright, bought 2 sets.

Used the KC lights before on the 2013 but double the cost and didnā€™t feel as durable. RC gives you rubber backing plate (flat and curved) with quality wiring.

Only needed 2 for the engine compartment, used the other 6 for underneath.

23964B16-CA51-4CC6-BC80-5E44D288E2D4.jpeg

B5E5B47C-543B-43A5-9C4E-7D0C7E17E82C.jpeg
How is the quality / durability of those lights? And how would you rate the output - Blazing - Sufficient - Weak ? They look good. I'm looking for durable, bright white lights for putting in the wheel wells and need a wide spread pattern. Thinking these might fit the bill.

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Euro fenders gone. Feels like she can finally breath.
Hesitated as I didn't hate the look with them and there are some in my house that are disappointed I did it, but I'm happy.

Before and After.

IMG_20210410_110310~2.jpg

IMG_20210811_172323__01.jpg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Sweet, what's the model # you went with. LOOKS CLEAN!!!!!
Thank you!!! I went with the Warn Evo 10S. I wanted the Zeon, but it may have been overkill for me esp at 2x the price of the VR Evo.

Looks nice, I read somewhere the warn winches are backlogged for months., Glad I did mine last fall.
Seriously??? I got lucky then? I found it at my local 4WP around here. Granted it was the last one they had. But thanks for the props.

Hereā€™s the finished product - the glamour shots!!! Lol. I put on the D Rings this afternoon then took the wifey out for dinner. No change in ride feel through the roads and highway. The stance looks even better from the side from what I can see.

Thanks again to all of you for the advice and postings on this forum. Gotta love our Jeep family.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4639E0E7-C0EF-40CF-9F0E-79B7A0ABB384
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 64F8809D-A787-4DFD-8A89-BBC814DF0ACA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F5DDFA80-AD70-4B1A-865D-A16C117A18D6
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4B825994-57D6-4841-82C6-003D728401DA
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 13D4D89D-35D7-41C8-A0A9-9ECF6531C582

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Thank you!!! I went with the Warn Evo 10S. I wanted the Zeon, but it may have been overkill for me esp at 2x the price of the VR Evo.

Seriously??? I got lucky then? I found it at my local 4WP around here. Granted it was the last one they had. But thanks for the props.

Hereā€™s the finished product - the glamour shots!!! Lol. I put on the D Rings this afternoon then took the wifey out for dinner. No change in ride feel through the roads and highway. The stance looks even better from the side from what I can see.

Thanks again to all of you for the advice and postings on this forum. Gotta love our Jeep family.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B9A6BB8C-9C42-4A6A-975A-8E5A416979D7
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B9A6BB8C-9C42-4A6A-975A-8E5A416979D7
What's the bumper? I think I'm in love. šŸ„“

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe

Looks great!

I went another way, but I searched pretty hard on winches, and my local 4WP not only had stock on the Evos, but they were better than all the online prices, including 4WP.com.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? mirror1

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? mirror2

Installed the mounts for my Carolina Metal Masters doorless mirrors. These things were darn expensive, but... you get what you pay for. These are seriously good quality. The mounts look like they were stock. The materials are top notch. Very impressed!

The doors are back on right now, but stuck the mirrors in just to test out the position. Doors will come back off tomorrow and then we'll take these mirrors for a test drive.

Edit: And apparently I'm not the only person who installed these tonight, lol. Small world on a Jeep forum.

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Added CMM mirrors tonight. They look great and are an easy install. Canā€™t wait to test them out tomorrow (commute test, trails later).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? mirror2
Looks great!!! You beat me to mine. I just got a notice that it shipped today, so Iā€™m guessing next week it will arrive :(

I also noticed you attached yours at the bottom of the grab handle? Iā€™ve seen some folks do that too. Thoughts on why? I have my EAG tube doors that I also use sporadically, and they have mirrors on them. So I might install my CMM on the top part of the handle so that I donā€™t have to remove them if I decide to use my tube doors with its mirrors

What's the bumper? I think I'm in love. šŸ„“
Thank you kindly. I was in love too, thatā€™s why I got it! Itā€™s a RR Arcus with Overrider bar/hoop. Thereā€™s SO MANY bumper options but I loved the way this looked because of a few reasons:

- it has a look and a finish to it that doesnā€™t look like most bumpers out there that look like it was welded in someoneā€™s garage. Itā€™s a stamped finish so it resembles the texture of the stock Rubi steel bumperā€¦ maybe a bit more texture. But not too rough.
- I wanted a stubby bumper but not ā€œtooā€ small. This one was just perfect in width.
- recessed winch location was a must for me. Need to keep the radiator cooling going. The ones where the winch was on top just looks like an eyesore to me.
- I love the integrated black tow hooks that have holes for D Ring shackles. Other bumpers have one or the other.
- Itā€™s relatively light weight ā€¦ still heavier than stock but not as massive and heavy like the others.
- everything about it is blackā€¦ esp the main 8 bolts that hold the whole thing. No silver please.
- the price was juuuuuuust roght

Looks great!

I went another way, but I searched pretty hard on winches, and my local 4WP not only had stock on the Evos, but they were better than all the online prices, including 4WP.com.
Yes!!! Exactly. Local 4WP was cheaper than other major places online!!! Win win for me - I got it same day. Walked in and picked it up. Lol.

Which one did you end up getting and why???

Cntr78

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Looks great!!! You beat me to mine. I just got a notice that it shipped today, so Iā€™m guessing next week it will arrive :(

I also noticed you attached yours at the bottom of the grab handle? Iā€™ve seen some folks do that too. Thoughts on why? I have my EAG tube doors that I also use sporadically, and they have mirrors on them. So I might install my CMM on the top part of the handle so that I donā€™t have to remove them if I decide to use my tube doors with its mirrors

Thank you kindly. I was in love too, thatā€™s why I got it! Itā€™s a RR Arcus with Overrider bar/hoop. Thereā€™s SO MANY bumper options but I loved the way this looked because of a few reasons:

- it has a look and a finish to it that doesnā€™t look like most bumpers out there that look like it was welded in someoneā€™s garage. Itā€™s a stamped finish so it resembles the texture of the stock Rubi steel bumperā€¦ maybe a bit more texture. But not too rough.
- I wanted a stubby bumper but not ā€œtooā€ small. This one was just perfect in width.
- recessed winch location was a must for me. Need to keep the radiator cooling going. The ones where the winch was on top just looks like an eyesore to me.
- I love the integrated black tow hooks that have holes for D Ring shackles. Other bumpers have one or the other.
- Itā€™s relatively light weight ā€¦ still heavier than stock but not as massive and heavy like the others.
- everything about it is blackā€¦ esp the main 8 bolts that hold the whole thing. No silver please.

Yes!!! Exactly. Local 4WP was cheaper than other major places online!!! Win win for me - I got it same day. Walked in and picked it up. Lol.

Awesome. Question: Doesn't look like it comes with an air dam. Do you use the factory plastic air dam, after market or none?
Thanks!

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I went with the Superwinch SX10000SR. Weā€™ll see if I regret it.

Same warranty as Warn, and Westin bought them out a couple years back so Iā€™m comfortable it will be honored. I got it for the same price as the Apex (630+t), and I didnā€™t want to roll the dice on something from HF with a 90 day warranty. It took some work for the price, I had one online vendor with one in stock match one that didnā€™t have it.

Motor efficiency was comparable to the Evo, and solid features. I liked some of the quality items on it compared to the evo (aluminum controller housing, sheathed wiring).

ā€¦ and I liked that the color scheme matched the 4xe.

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Drove it to work....

1st day back after returning from Telluride. Unfortunately the Jeep stayed here at home. ā˜¹

Saw a lot of awesome Jeeps up there....maybe even someone on this forum. Couple of times out of habit I even did the Jeep Wave!!! āœŒ

Pjhusker

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, 2019 Tahoe, 2020 JLU Sport S

Iā€™ve seen others mount them on the bottom as well I liked that the mirrors would be about the same height as the mirrors on the doors.