What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

jlgolfcart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini JLRU
Is that still a thing on the 21’s? Over a third of mine were not set on my ‘20!
Need to pick everybody’s brain. I have a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mopar 2 inch lift with 315‘s KO2 c rated. Just ordered Synergy adjustable lower control arms for the front. Casters are at 5.0 and 4.9 . I have the new steering box still wandering a bit front axle sticks out inch more on the driver. Rear axle is centered for some reason. No adjustable track bars front or rear. Question I have is a good starting point for extending adjustable control arms 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch? And what do you think that would put my casters at ?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My OCD never liked the 12" 4-flat extension hanging there. It was used because the vehicle's harness didn't have a cap, so the extension was put on to cover the exposed terminals.

I finally found an a la carte set of dust covers. A bit of Krazy Glue, and Robert is my relative.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210807_123516

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210807_123445

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210807_123424

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Changed out the front brakes with 35k on them. They were barely worn but really left something to be desired. Of note the factory sport pads are GG friction rated. I threw on a set of bendix fleet metlok that are also GG rated. But they have no machine cut area on the outside circumference (see picture). Stopping has definitely improved and for less than $40 I would say it’s a worth while improvement.

55251C5A-691B-41E1-ABF9-FC41DEB946B5.jpeg

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Catching up to the rest of the "rabbit-hole crew"....at least you guys only had to do 1 set - lol.
Reid Knuckles and DynaTrac BJs. The new BJs take a bunch of bumpsteer out of the factory BJs. A nice upgrade!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7078.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7082.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7081.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7091.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_7094.JPG

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Catching up to the rest of the "rabbit-hole crew"....at least you guys only had to do 1 set - lol.
Reid Knuckles and DynaTrac BJs. The new BJs take a bunch of bumpsteer out of the factory BJs. A nice upgrade!

Sooooo, you are happy with your latest BJ’s………

RagTopDeluxe

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Recon
Need to pick everybody’s brain. I have a 2019 Rubicon Unlimited Mopar 2 inch lift with 315‘s KO2 c rated. Just ordered Synergy adjustable lower control arms for the front. Casters are at 5.0 and 4.9 . I have the new steering box still wandering a bit front axle sticks out inch more on the driver. Rear axle is centered for some reason. No adjustable track bars front or rear. Question I have is a good starting point for extending adjustable control arms 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch? And what do you think that would put my casters at ?
Your caster is too low. I had my caster at 6* on my ‘19 (Mopar LCA) and went to around 7* on my ‘20 using MC LCAs. For me, the caster is better now. I was given the advice by the owner of PSC (steering gear) to just get the caster to where it drives how you like it.

Good luck!

Glamisfan

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLUR
Stock is 24”. Mopar lowers are 24 1/4”. Try 24 3/8” and shoot for 7* caster. My JLUR with 2 3/4” front lift and Mopar lowers was a little over 6*. Went to adjustable lowers, set it at 7*, and am very happy with the steering now.