What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Lawn Jockey

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude 4x4
Installed a set of 5 Mopar wheel locks. Torqued to 130 ft/lb and 59 ft/lb. Registered with McGard and ordered a spare key.

The BIG NEWS is that I received my UConnect update finally which remedies the rear camera grid lines….and some other things.

Canes_JL

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sahara 4xe / 2023 Rubicon XR
Clubs

Quick question and probably dumb.
so when you converted from the stock orange sidemarker to the white, when you flip on the turn signal it shines a blinking yellow light or white blinking light?
Valid question. It flashes amber

tsvi88

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 High Altitude
Bartact divider shade , looks like they color matched the bottom of the shades now. . Mine had black on the bottom. So I grabbed some red Velcro off of amazon to hide the bottom.

BDE22D3B-58A9-4A3E-8617-188523C8ADBC.png

067E6AD2-7C12-4BE3-BD85-8B05E90FF91A.png

C6EB0EA5-B5D7-4196-B85B-7F26236F3157.png
How do you like this shade? Easy to see through? I was thinking about this one to keep my dog in the trunk.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I have never had any water in the diff fluid. I know on the Rubicon, there is a one way check valve on the breather tubes so they should not have to be extended. Not sure about the Sahara or the Sport. I change the diff fluid regularly as I wheel the Jeep hard and it is often pulling a camper.

Just know that I have had water mid doors many times and water over the top of the hood a few times. Even floated the rear wheels once......
You also potted your sensor too, correct?

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Just installed the sill guards and the license plate frame.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I ended up going out in the dark, armed with my head lamp, solder, heat shrink tubing, soldering iron, and heat gun. I cut out the first butt connector, stripped the wires, and munged the ends together. I crawled out from under the Jeep, turned the ignition on, tried the compressor. Nothing.

I went ahead and soldered and heat shrinked it, then I moved to the next butt connector. I repeated the test, and making that connection didn't get the compressor working either. Crap.

So I went ahead and soldered and heat shrinked that one too, and then I moved to the back. I apparently unplugged one of the spade connectors at the compressor. I should have started at that end, but I had already had a long string of bad luck with those butt connectors, and I just figured they hadn't made a good connection. I threw the butt connectors in the trash. Soldering takes more time and effort, but you never have to worry about it coming apart. Plus those wires are in a very hostile environment. This was that marine grade heat shrink stuff with the glue inside. It was worth doing this the right way, even though it sucked.

So the compressor is working again. Next up, I need to fabricate a skid plate for my skid plate. I can't let this happen again!

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Mine is a net from the trunk of a car.
That reminds me... I need to rig up some kind of a net or something for the back. No matter how carefully I drive home, as soon as I open my tailgate, half the groceries spill out.

Steve949

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Over the course of the past two weeks, went from bone stock to this...

Added:
  • 8 White/Amber Strobe Lights
  • 4 A-Pillar LED Flood lights with minimalist bracket
  • Warn Hoop
  • Rugged Ridge Winch Plate
  • Rough Country 9500S Winch
  • Alien Sunshades (Front & Rear)
  • Trigger 6-Shooter Wireless Switch System
  • EGR Rain Guards (These are way better than any other brand I've owned)
  • Grab Handles (Driver/Passenger Front)
  • Front/Rear Dashcam
  • Distressed Flag, Star, and 1941 Hood Decals (More to come)

Star.JPG

Front.JPG

1941.JPG

Hoop & Winch.JPG

Alien.JPG
What dash cam did you go with and how do you like that winch?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
What dash cam did you go with and how do you like that winch?
Here's the link to the dash cam:
https://www.amazon.com/Dashboard-Ca...2K+&1080P+Dual+Dash+Cam&qid=1628087783&sr=8-4
Make sure to click the Coupon for $30 off. :)

I've only used the winch 1 time so far, but it worked great that one time. :) It seems to be built really well, I keep a winch cover on it now because the red wire fades pretty quick in the sun...

Winch Cover Link:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BT6TRQW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Nice--thanks for this! I bought a set of Icon Alpha's in 0 offset so mine may poke out about 1/4" less than yours.

My tires are sitting at DT waiting to be mounted and the wheels should be here Friday.