What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
Question, where would you get the tank filled up? Would it not take very high pressure to fill?
Have read about these over putting compressor in the Jeep. How many times will that air 35's up from 16 PSI?
Can also fill up at those paintball stores, and most places that sell kegs too.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Have you had any water in there? have you extended breather lines or anything? wondering how vital that mod is...
I have never had any water in the diff fluid. I know on the Rubicon, there is a one way check valve on the breather tubes so they should not have to be extended. Not sure about the Sahara or the Sport. I change the diff fluid regularly as I wheel the Jeep hard and it is often pulling a camper.

Just know that I have had water mid doors many times and water over the top of the hood a few times. Even floated the rear wheels once......

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I have never had any water in the diff fluid. I know on the Rubicon, there is a one way check valve on the breather tubes so they should not have to be extended. Not sure about the Sahara or the Sport. I change the diff fluid regularly as I wheel the Jeep hard and it is often pulling a camper.

Just know that I have had water mid doors many times and water over the top of the hood a few times. Even floated the rear wheels once......
I wonder if the JL axle seals are better than the JK. On the JK's people had water intrusion into axles because of the one way breather valve. Hot axles, cold water, axle vents would not let air in as axle rapidly cooled so water was pulled in through axle seals. Obviously you experiences would probably point to better seals on the JL.

Olga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2010 Ford Fusion
Build Thread
Link
@Olga

Buy 3 more of the ratcheting "Tie Rope" you show in your pic.. Then keep all 4 Tie Ropes stashed in your JLUR.

When you have a large tote, or other large item in the back of your JLUR, the 4 Tie Ropes can be used in conjunction with 4 of your new D-rings..

I've never used ropes or any other tie downs to secure cargo before. So if you ever happen to use the setup you described, could you snap a pic and share? Thanks.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I've never used ropes or any other tie downs to secure cargo before. So if you ever happen to use the setup you described, could you snap a pic and share? Thanks.
@Olga

Will do...

Also..... keep an eye out for another inexpensive cargo net that fastens as your current one does with the D-rings..

Get a net that has lots of droop to it... This way when you go grocery shopping,
carry lots of loose goodies, tied shopping bags, kids toys, etc. you can lay the stuff down into the net...

The net will kinda corral all and keep the stuff from flying forward into the foot well and wherever..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? net

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
@Olga

Will do...

Also..... keep an eye out for another inexpensive cargo net that fastens as your current one does with the D-rings..

Get a net that has lots of droop to it... This way when you go grocery shopping,
carry lots of loose goodies, tied shopping bags, kids toys, etc. you can lay the stuff down into the net...

The net will kinda corral all and keep the stuff from flying forward into the foot well and wherever..

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? net
My grocery shopping fits in the passenger footwell. :CWL:

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
@Olga

Will do...

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 3EB127A6-3024-4FDF-804A-0A14344E8D78
I have been doing this, but just a little different. I hook mine to the rear grab handle and the roll bar. This way when I Jeep travel, I can just throw stuff over my shoulder and it stays within reach, jackets, gloves, hats, snacks, maps, GoPro stuff and so on. You can go to a car salvage yard and heck they may just give it to you. I got mine for free. Mine is a net from the trunk of a car.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1628033102436

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Quick and easy install this evening after work.

Quick question and probably dumb.
so when you converted from the stock orange sidemarker to the white, when you flip on the turn signal it shines a blinking yellow light or white blinking light?