What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

CO_Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 392 XR
Did u use the factory Aux? If so , how was the install? Thinking about some lights for my Rubi & don’t wanna spend a ton!
Yes, I used the factory Aux 3 since it is a 15amp and these really don't pull much. For the wiring harness I did modify it as it comes with a separate switch attached and a lot more wire than you need. I got it down to just the hot wire (red) to connect to the aux line, the black to ground which there is a spot right by the battery. If you go this route I would be happy to send you additional pics of my wiring/set up. Don't be too intimidated, I hadn't had prior experience with wiring lights and found it VERY simple.

dshark1

First Name
Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLR
Yes, I used the factory Aux 3 since it is a 15amp and these really don't pull much. For the wiring harness I did modify it as it comes with a separate switch attached and a lot more wire than you need. I got it down to just the hot wire (red) to connect to the aux line, the black to ground which there is a spot right by the battery. If you go this route I would be happy to send you additional pics of my wiring/set up. Don't be too intimidated, I hadn't had prior experience with wiring lights and found it VERY simple.
Thx so much for your reply. really appreciate it. I did watch a quick KC video on the wiring of our jeeps and yes it does seem relatively easy. However I don’t feel like spending KC money! Lol

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It's intriguing that we don't see more minimalist rears. All that's needed here is a set of bumperettes to complete the look (YJ-era owners will know what I mean here.) Maybe a vendor will recognize this business opportunity.

Dang. What did HeavyUser do to earn a vacation after just posting this photo yesterday?

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed a doors off/blind spot mirror using a few parts from RAM and a blindspot mirror. I wanted to keep one that I could use all year with doors on or off. Total cost was like $25 and took 15min to install. Turned out nice

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C5D17585-4F05-48B8-9251-D3816FCF0531

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C5D17585-4F05-48B8-9251-D3816FCF0531
That’s pretty slick, mind posting the parts you used?

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella
Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders - Horrendous Install

Well I finally decided on Sliders for my 19 JL, my decision was based off looks, size, reviews. I spent so much time trying to find what I felt was the perfect slider, that I didn't pay attention to overall install. Without a doubt these have to be the worst install mod I have ever done on my Jeep, not to mention of course requiring help to get them installed, mainly due to the completely idiotic brackets that these come with. There are three brackets you inset into step you line up with the brackets that you attach to Jeep. Then you are supposed to attach brackets from Jeep to these brackets while trying to get a finger in to hold the brackets while you try and get the nut to grab. Its the most horrendous install I have ever completed on a vehicle. I hope for the love of god someone from Go Rhino is on here so they can get with their R&D department, tell them to get off their phones , redbull, cbd, gummies, or whatever it is they were on when designing these, and come up with a better bracket for their Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders, I'm sure there are others that are similar. However, they are on and look great,. Would I recommend them, if you have three people to install, YES, else no, its a nightmare. Its been 12 hours and I am still drinking after completing the install, I feel like I truly should have a gold medal after completing.

IMG_7664.jpeg

IMG_7671.jpeg

IrishJeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 T&C, '17 Grand Cherokee, '21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Technical Writer
Next Scooby Snack: hinge guards. Don't have the patience to smooth out all the bubbles of the pre-cut PPF (kudos to those that do).

Got these off Amazon on prime day. I hated the glossy-ness of them so I grabbed a can of plastidip, 3 coats later and waiting for a :sun: day, installation was a piece of cake. Plenty of tape on them and so far so good, even through the wash!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210726_154055
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210726_154104

While they may not be for everyone, I like them! :involve:

mgenbox

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler jl 2 dr sport
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DC747563-8B29-4DF8-85A3-15BB55AF9278
Got my Smitty front bumper on over the weekend and last 2 days buyin 5k of mods 😬
35” Mickeys Baja boss ATs
Pro comp Apex satin black milled wheels
3” lift
Smitty winch
Front mats
Foot pegs
Smitty rear bumper
Smitty spare tire mount
Superchips
TPMS sensors

Now hopefully mamma doesn’t boot me outta the house🤣

Kirkpatrick618

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Diesel Rubicon
Occupation
Military / Retired / Contractor
Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders - Horrendous Install

Well I finally decided on Sliders for my 19 JL, my decision was based off looks, size, reviews. I spent so much time trying to find what I felt was the perfect slider, that I didn't pay attention to overall install. Without a doubt these have to be the worst install mod I have ever done on my Jeep, not to mention of course requiring help to get them installed, mainly due to the completely idiotic brackets that these come with. There are three brackets you inset into step you line up with the brackets that you attach to Jeep. Then you are supposed to attach brackets from Jeep to these brackets while trying to get a finger in to hold the brackets while you try and get the nut to grab. Its the most horrendous install I have ever completed on a vehicle. I hope for the love of god someone from Go Rhino is on here so they can get with their R&D department, tell them to get off their phones , redbull, cbd, gummies, or whatever it is they were on when designing these, and come up with a better bracket for their Go Rhino DSS4506T Dominator DSS Rock Sliders, I'm sure there are others that are similar. However, they are on and look great,. Would I recommend them, if you have three people to install, YES, else no, its a nightmare. Its been 12 hours and I am still drinking after completing the install, I feel like I truly should have a gold medal after completing.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DC747563-8B29-4DF8-85A3-15BB55AF9278

I Installed these on my Rubi and they are nice but what a pain in the a$$ to install. I ended up using some very large fender washers and bolts to keep the sliding brackets in place on some jack stands while installing them. It took me 4 hours. The engineer responsible deserves a hell for the piss poor design.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
It's intriguing that we don't see more minimalist rears. All that's needed here is a set of bumperettes to complete the look (YJ-era owners will know what I mean here.) Maybe a vendor will recognize this business opportunity.

Dang. What did HeavyUser do to earn a vacation after just posting this photo yesterday?
Cavfab has a couple...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? chrome_screenshot_1627657599823
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? chrome_screenshot_1627657517377