GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
I need to give you both real kudos.

I have my front axle out right now as it's got issues and could not do it without a garage to work in with a couple box fans.

It's like 98F here and 100% humidity. I walk to the mailbox and it feels like I'm swimming in warm motor oil.

And if it wasn't the heat and humidity that gets me it would be the black snakes. 100's of baby black snakes all over the place that like to sun on the driveway.

You guys are serious Jeep fanatics to do those sorts of jobs out in the open.
and i still have 1 to go and then its on to the tcase maybe lol.....just waiting for my synergy stuff to get here

20210727_220747.jpg

GreatWhite13

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jl sport s
side note anyway to 100% verify i have 4.10 gears in this front axle? outside of the seller telling me it does, it does have a barcode on it

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Spin input one rotation and count how many tire revolutions.
I think you got that backwards. Spin the tire one rotation and count how many times the yoke turns. If the yoke goes just past 4 revolutions, you've got 4.10s.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Tightened my lower ball joints....they were clicking like crazy. They were extremely loose from the factory, just beyond hand tight. I still have some minor clicking so I plan on doing the uppers next. My torque wrench wouldn't fit so I just tightened them until the clicking went away.
I need to give you both real kudos.

I have my front axle out right now as it's got issues and could not do it without a garage to work in with a couple box fans.

It's like 98F here and 100% humidity. I walk to the mailbox and it feels like I'm swimming in warm motor oil.

And if it wasn't the heat and humidity that gets me it would be the black snakes. 100's of baby black snakes all over the place that like to sun on the driveway.

You guys are serious Jeep fanatics to do those sorts of jobs out in the open.
lol thanks. I cant do humidity, we dont mix well. Last time i was in humidity was pulling wire in a georgia ceiling when it was 110 outside or some shit and 80% humidity. The asphalt stuck to the truck tire when we pulled away, but the insulated ceiling temp read 136 degrees…no f***ing thank you, ill stick to my west coast heat lol.

Granted its been about 100 here every day this pst week ive been trying to dial all my stuff in and tighten torques. Good fun. I dont work on the jeep unless its really sunny and really hot 😂😂😂just my good timing. Could be 70 degrees the day before i go to work on the jeep, can almost guarantee the day i work on it its hot as balls or raining. And it never rains

Canvasback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLUR
Easy install? The Goose Gear tailgate table was on my Short List, but they're too wedded to external branding for my taste. The table on your Jeep has the clean design that I'd prefer.

Jim, does my $100 buy me anything other than just a change in reflector color?
Very easy install With no drilling or modifying. 30 minutes tops.

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I think you got that backwards. Spin the tire one rotation and count how many times the yoke turns. If the yoke goes just past 4 revolutions, you've got 4.10s.
If you turn a wheel the yoke may not turn due to FAD if it's disconnected. Or the other wheel may turn backwards due to diff.

Putting a bolt in the yoke and a breaker bar and turning that is less likely to get you a wrong count.