What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? F58AE65A-AEFB-4A21-81A6-0BBC930C3A3E

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 45840B05-8106-4546-BF2D-15B52D790AAA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8BD38A64-DB31-4CA5-B70E-12BFAE7F129E

“Finished” the tire carrier. I’m waiting on the correct brake light mast to arrive. I think I got a JK mast by mistake. My brake light is temporarily zip tied up top.
Got my TPMS reprogrammed too. Still need to chalk it, but I’m running 30 psi right now. 25-27 ish was a bit too floaty. Might try for doing the tire size tomorrow. Need to go up North so I can hold 6th for at least 30 seconds. Still at 4.10 with 39’s.
Finally, I found the thread size and pitch of the auto transmission crossmember frame bolts (I have a manual, this no crossmember and no bolts). Ready for alignment and/or a shakedown run.
She’s coming together well. The rest of my first iteration of onboard air arrives tomorrow. Got my ARB twin and mounting plate already, waiting on air line and the rest of my fittings. Might need to find someone to make some custom brackets for me. I think I found a good mounting point inside each rear door (compressor is behind rear seat).

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Still waiting for my JLURD to be built, went ahead and got a door stand since I got the dual door group.

Door mount is by Topsy, very nice product and packaging.

Engine stand is by big red, not the best quality but It will do. At least it matches.

Had to go cart style as my garage is framed on 12” centers instead of 16” due to wind pressure.
C6EF25BF-F982-40E0-88C8-CF4C715717D7.jpeg
CFAD5807-C236-4A57-BF12-3FA86A94C9D6.jpeg
First thank you for your service.
I have racking my brain for a door storage solution. Wall hangers not an option for me. I believe you have the setup I’m needing.
Question: Is there a recommended lift or lift specs? I do like the Big “Red” because of the matching black. But I did see a couple other options, harbor freight, JEGS etc…

appreciate any input

Marman

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Installed KC under hood lights and Warn cutout solenoid for my winch. Built a mounting bracket for the light switch and solenoid mounting using samples I found on this forum. Still need to work on my wire management skills.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210721_064617_resized
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210717_123049_resized

Marine2146

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Grand Wagoneer 3 series, 2022 Rubicon 392
First thank you for your service.
I have racking my brain for a door storage solution. Wall hangers not an option for me. I believe you have the setup I’m needing.
Question: Is there a recommended lift or lift specs? I do like the Big “Red” because of the matching black. But I did see a couple other options, harbor freight, JEGS etc…

appreciate any input
Stand was on sale at Walmart.com for about $120, model is Torin DT26801B. Box came damaged and was missing the 4 arms to mount an engine to the rotating plate. This seems like A common problem but they are not needed for the Topsy door hanger. The stand is not perfectly straight, the head has some slop in it since it can rotate. I may drill a hole and put a bolt through the rotating head to secure it better. Also had to use 1/2 x 1 1/2” bolts to secure the door hanger to the stand, the engine stand has a slightly smaller hole diameter in the mounting plate than the door holder.
The stand does feel more than capable to hold doors and it rolls well.
I might have saw a dark blue stand of the same model on Amazon.

The Topsy door holder is $150 and seems well built and I like the fact it has nylon sleeves for the door hinges. I cant yet comment on how well it holds doors but if there is any flex in the plate you could strengthen it by adding 1” steel square tube bolted vertical on the backside through the wall stud mounting holes.

i went with this stand for color and price. I also seemed to look a bit smaller than the HF 2000lb stand. If you push the stand to the wall you only lose about 8” to the back of the door holder.
Topsy does recommend the harbor freight stand. They also have a mounting plate templet on their website. I believe there is a video out there of someone using this with a harbor freight stand.
I wouldn’t get a stand with a “T” shape base, only an “I” or “K” shaped base to keep the stand from flipping. The mounting plate on the stand also needs to have slotted mounting holes not fixed according to Topsy.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 4764A63B-C879-437D-A1CD-D79F1D8507F0
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 833A890F-E990-4CE2-93AF-2EB69378112B

Odierub

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suburban
Thank you. I use the Topsy product for the top lift hinges. Very impressed with those and after seeing your setup for the door storage I believe this is the direction I will go.

does anyone know if Topsy gives a forum discount?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Looks awesome! In my opinion, Artec makes the sexiest a-pillar cube light mount.
Thanks brother........ it just looked like I needed something to kinda match the rocker guards up in that area. I’m not into lights, but I couldn’t just put the bracket there, I tried, but was quickly shot down..... 🤣

rockclimber

First Name
Tara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Occupation
Purchasing Assistant
Vehicle Showcase
Not today but I finally got some Mickey Thompson ATZp3’s in the size 285/70/17 for my Jeep on stock rims!!
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8746A003-B3C8-482F-AA88-580486C21528
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 08A4FFB3-FA61-4354-8512-89ACC93DE71B
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2ED4D4DF-C652-46F6-BE51-10A175D0A12F
Waiting for the movie to start at the Newberg drive-in last weekend!
These tires are amazing! Other than daily driving I’ve only had one chance to take them “off-road” on the beach and no sand got in the tread at all and absolutely no sliding (on accident)! Doors have been off so I’m not sure about the level of road noise once they’re on but it’s a Jeep so who cares?!

6D78BEEB-2D5A-4E9E-8055-5F24F7F003BC.jpeg

duckintheface

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_3095

Tossed a Sunrider up top today and instantly in love (-: Thankfully the GP-Pro handles still fit with it in place