Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I am having this done:
  • Dana Spicer 4.88 gears (M210 front + M220 rear) REM Isotropic polished
  • Dana Spicer Master Install Kit (M210 Dana 44 Front + M220 Dana 44 Rear)
  • Dana Chrome Moly Axles (front + rear)
  • Metal Cloak Front Drive Shaft
  • Artec Front Truss + "C" Gussets + LCA Skids
  • Artec Rear Truss + LCA Skids
  • Metal Cloak Game Changer 2.5" Lift Kit
  • Rock Jock JL Johnny Joints (Front Axle Upper Bushings)
  • Metal Cloak Full Skid System
  • Dynatrac Front Ball Joints
  • Synergy Rear Trackbar Brace
  • Teraflex Rear Brake Line Anchor Kit
  • Mopar Front Steering Knuckles (they did not arrive on time, so we kept the OEM knuckles but will replace as soon as the Mopar's arrive. After the Mopar's are installed, I will be selling the Reid's, I bought).
After that, I will be changing the wheels (time to dump the spacers--though I love those Moab/Willys wheels) and maybe tires (37") depending on how it performs with the 4.88's. Once that is done, I will be complete with the major parts of the "Grinch build".

And no...I REALLY don't want to know what I have spent on it thus far :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
That’s all?! Lol

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
This may sound silly, but the Reid's only come in orange whereas the Mopar's are black. Instead of coating the Reid's, I just grabbed a set of Mojave's.
No, just wondered if there was some structural difference/advantage. I’m not that familiar with the different knuckles

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Could you elaborate on your technique? With maybe a pic of the pvc piece you used and maybe a write up?

I am intrigued🤔
Since the job is already done, I can only provide pics of my makeshift tool, but here it is.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210717_190907015

Basically, you'd use it just like a balljoint press. The socket is used underneath to avoid contact with the zerk fitting. Assuming you've already got a suitable socket, the 8" C-clamp and PVC parts shouldn't run you more than $15. Make sure you grease the inside of the new boot first.

Fit the tool over the appropriate joint with the boot inside the 1 1/2" PVC coupler, twist the clamp to press it on, and boom you're done. It's quick, easy, and requires minimal effort.

Wightmn

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
This may sound silly, but the Reid's only come in orange whereas the Mopar's are black. Instead of coating the Reid's, I just grabbed a set of Mojave's.
No worse than buying the Reids and then paying to have them powder coated.

I couldn't stand the orange either.

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Kleinn remote start kit.

FYI @Quadratec said in their video the system with the remotes would work if you had the factory remote entry and wanted the extended range remotes… NOT COMPLETELY TRUE. After I installed the system the Kleinn remote worked for lock, unlock, and remote start… but - the Jeep won’t start without the OEM remote, says key fob not detected! And, even though Kleinn said the OEM remotes would work too… NOT COMPLETELY TRUE. The OEM remotes still unlock and lock, but they will not remote start. So, looks like I carry 2 remotes which is lame, or I have to figure out something else, maybe reprogram the controller without the Kleinn remotes???

And - the quadratec site has an error. The non-remote system is the RSJL2. The remote system is the RSJLLR1… the old model which requires splicing wires. The directions on the site are for the RSJL2LR1 which is the new system which plugs into the canbus. If you look at the directions like I did and don’t catch the model difference you‘ll end up with the old system.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FEDCAB03-AC3B-4E04-9120-6E2BA52EB60D

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Installed new AC vents with LEDs

C01171A3-04BB-437E-B002-0C27128F03B5.jpeg
Doug, you can't post pics like this and not provide a product link, and your thoughts regarding the installation effort. ;)

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Doug, you can't post pics like this and not provide a product link, and your thoughts regarding the installation effort. ;)
lol… https://amoffroad.com/collections/j...ep-wrangler-jl-turbo-air-vent-w-ambient-light

Make sure you find the coupon code! And, I found some silver bezels from a Sahara, makes it look better.

Easy install, especially if you’ve taken your dash apart before and know how. 1 power wire to the ACC so the lights come on with the key. Oh - and you DO NOT have to remove the grab handle.

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Where did you find these, please?
lol… https://amoffroad.com/collections/j...ep-wrangler-jl-turbo-air-vent-w-ambient-light

Make sure you find the coupon code! And, I found some silver bezels from a Sahara, makes it look better.

Easy install, especially if you’ve taken your dash apart before and know how. 1 power wire to the ACC so the lights come on with the key. Oh - and you DO NOT have to remove the grab handle.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Towed my new Rockwood high wall 277HW camper home hour and a half drive. It did really great very stable.

18FF5EB5-4F18-45DC-9C8C-A3147658C2A2.jpeg

42B7F5F3-F778-4B59-BA5A-21527FA4415B.jpeg

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Towed my new Rockwood high wall 277HW camper home hour and a half drive. It did really great very stable.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 42B7F5F3-F778-4B59-BA5A-21527FA4415B

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 42B7F5F3-F778-4B59-BA5A-21527FA4415B
Pretty baller pop-up. Seems like it would be a good compromise of towing and camping space.
How hard is it to put up/take down? how long does it take?