What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

evalles

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 JLU Rubicon, Sting-gra 2019 JLU Sahara
Where did you get the lettering for the AUX switches?
It came that way. Exactly like you see in the photo. It’s super clean looking and you’d never know it wasn’t OEM.

HelmsJeep

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler 2DR/Softop/Manual
I used the windshield squeegee at my local gas station to clean some mud off one of my rear stickers. The Magpul AR-15 hula girl was dirty.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Well over the weekend, while towing my camper on the trail I hit a stump under some overgrowth on the edge of the trail. Right where the tie rod end goes into the tie rod tube. I have sttersmarts Yeti components. It bent the tie rod end about a 1/4 inch. I hit the stump hard enough that if I did not have my seat belt on I would have crushed my face on the windshield. I think if I still had the stock components on, it would have broke the tie rod. I was still able to wheel all weekend.

So yesterday, I contacted Steersmart and un known to me they are a Michigan company. I left them a message on their answering machine and they called me back in about 10 minutes. They told me to drive down to their shop and they would have one waiting for me. They cut me a good deal on the part. I did not expect them to warranty it as I fucked it up. It was not a manufacturing mistake. I think that the part would have survived the strike if I did not have 2,200 additional pounds pushing on the Jeep (loaded camper). I think if it was just the Jeep it would have been fine.

The guys at the Steersmart shop were super nice and the place was very clean unlike my Jeep. I got back on Sunday and it had rained pretty much non-stop since I got home. Anyways, I picked up the part, installed it and did an alignment on the Jeep.

What it took to bend the tie rod end. I hit the stop right on the clamp area using this as the hammer at approximately 10 mph. The stump stopped me instantly.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1626179937367

Pic of the Steersmart JKU with my still muddy JLUR
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1626179745828

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
It came that way. Exactly like you see in the photo. It’s super clean looking and you’d never know it wasn’t OEM.
Like you swap out/core change the switch panel, or this a full kit for people who don't already have the aux switches?

evalles

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 JLU Rubicon, Sting-gra 2019 JLU Sahara
Like you swap out/core change the switch panel, or this a full kit for people who don't already have the aux switches?
I bought my Jeep without the OEM switch panel. It had a spacer there instead, like a little cubby hole that’s big enough for just a wallet. The switch panel you see in the picture just to the right of the sway bar disconnect is what I installed. There is a relay box that has to be mounted and connected to the battery, but it was very easy to install and to run the wiring harness.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Packed up most of the goodies that I have been "collecting" for that past (unknown months) and loaded them into the back so The Grinch can go under the knife...

o5MNxR.jpg

BVES4

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK 2019 Wrangler Unlimited
Almost two weeks in on new Jeep ownership and the 2.5” lift, new rims and tires (35”) and side rails are installed. Now to work through the rest of the wish list!
Front windows get tinted next week.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? o5MNxR
Might I asked what type of wheels are those? Very Sharp

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
I installed the Mopar trailer wiring harness since i didn’t have a tow package on my 2021 wrangler Willys EcoDiesel picking up a camper Friday and waiting on the Mopar hitch receiver due today. The Curt one will not fit without modifications so i just ordered a Mopar one. The Def tank gets in the way. This was not hard at all since the harness for the Diesel runs outside the jeep instead of inside.

89F1211F-BBE7-442F-8047-EB80BABD65C5.jpeg

slainte06

First Name
Fin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon, 4 Door, HellaYella
Well, after a week of waiting, UPS finally located and delivered the 2nd half of my Rugged Ridge snorkel, the high mount assembly.

Thanks to Dahrien at Northridge 4x4 for her assistance!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? giggle

Now, I can do more of this.
What cowl mounts and pods do you have?