What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

brynamic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
@brynamic

Just buy a $3.00+-, 4 pin bracket and fasten it up under there.. mount back a bit and it will get lost there so to speak... not stand out.. not be an eyesore.... and still be easily accessible.
I attached a $1.99 Curt bracket to the left of the receiver hitch. My OCD would never allow unpoliced wiring, etc. :)
Thank you @Rhinebeck01 & @Heimkehr. In pictures it looked like the exterior of the Quadratec plug wouldn’t fit in another brands bracket. That solidified purchasing their wiring kit for me.

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
Finished the transition backto stock.

got back early from the track today to:
- remove Rock Hard front bumper
- remove winch
-remove winch solenoid & bracket
- removed Mopar flat tow harness
- removed flat tow brake cables

- installed stock front bumper
-stock exhaust
-rebuilt stock key fob

jeep is now ready to go to the dealer tomorrow for trade in on the new toy.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

Installed the Mopar winch mount, Mopar winch protector, Zeon 8 with the Maximus 3 tow hooks for flat towing. Not sure I’d go with the Mopar mount again, seems like too many moving parts, hence adjustments, compared to the Warn and others. This is my 3rd winch install and by far the tightest fit of the 3. I actually sent a Superwinch SX10 back, too may cables hanging out of the back for a clean install.

I did get all 8 bumper bolts in and found the inside 4 the easiest using a long extension and going behind the sway bar it’s a straight shot.

The Maximus 3 tow hooks on ther other hand are a Giant PIA, You have to use an open box wrench to tighten. Not sure why they designed them this way as it looks like the tabs in the way could be smaller so you could at least use a closed box ratchet wrench. . They also include pictures of a JK skid plate with measurement for the JL skid plate. I ended up doing my own measurements for the skid plate and bumper to cut the slots. All worked out.

22BCE9F2-1E43-48C7-B894-EA4787147DD1.jpeg

8843999A-A24D-433F-8E26-7EA2F3ECBD3B.jpeg

0C9B1695-BDE8-4540-AE52-DF7A588AB346.jpeg

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Day 4 of the aux switch installation continued. What a bitch!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1624860718373

It's going to look nice though, and I saved $1300 on labor by enduring all the pain myself. This install is NOT for the faint of heart though. I broke a clip off my kick panel, I poked multiple holes through a major wiring trunk with a sharp object, and who knows what problems I will eventually have to chase down as a consequence of that. Hopefully none. Hopefully I didn't nick any wires in that bundle. Hopefully.

It looks good though, and don't believe the people who tell you to only order the chrome version if you have a Rubicon. I have a Willys, and the chrome version looks right at home to me.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1624860775001

Finally, I got the air intake and air outlet set up for the compressor I'm working on installing. I changed the pressure switch/relay deal to a waterproof pressure switch I can mount under the Jeep, and this setup is clean in a really satisfying way. I globbed some silicone on the stainless steel mounting plates, popped a couple of holes in the cargo tub, and Bob's your uncle. All I have to do is plumb the air intake, the air outlet, and the electrical, and I should be ready to air up in style.

I'm going to put the air hose, the deflators, and the tire pressure gauge in this little cubby. It should be waterproof thanks to the silicone, and if that turns out not to be the case, hey, there's a drain right there. It will work out well.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1624861065018

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
@Pegleg

You are going to truly enjoy that lift kit... it's a terrific offering from Redline Tuning!

Only thing I did was... I remove the Redline decals from the struts and stuck them on my tool box.

I do not like logos of this and that all over my vehicles...

OH, I also removed the stock prop rod and removed that gaudy yellow plastic prop rod grabber. It pulls right off and is not damaged nor does removing damage the JL.

Here is a little hack you might like:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/cheap-jeep-hacks-show-em-off-here.18785/post-1457970
I was thinking about removing the prop. i"ll probably do it because I was thinking I added a little bit of extra weight with the struts and removing the prop will offset the gain.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I installed the Curt receiver hitch on my Jeep. Yes, that job was as easy as the tow harness was labor-intensive.

Knowing that I would likely only ever tow a motorcycle trailer, I purchased and installed the Quadratec 4-flat tow hitch harness.
I installed the Rugged Ridge hitch a few weeks ago. I did not install any wiring as I don't plan on towing. I will use the hitch to carry a bike rack and a Curt cargo carrier and that is about it. If I need to tow anything I have my Tundra which is far more suited for the job.

20210516_134911 (1).jpg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I was thinking about removing the prop. i"ll probably do it because I was thinking I added a little bit of extra weight with the struts and removing the prop will offset the gain.
@Pegleg

From forum posts, it seems most guys remove the prop rod and it's yellow grabber.

By the way 8-) please paint that muffler of yours...
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? rigid-lites

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Lol it Must be one of those days right….the name of the rack is in his very first sentence! Installed the Rhino Rack Sunseeker 2.5…lol..you must have missed that!
In all fairness that only states the awning and not what rack was installed. ;) He could have zoomed in on the pic and seen it was. Rhino Rack... assuming he knows who/what they are.