What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

JimmyB

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Teraflex HD Adjustable Tire Mount + Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier Hinge + @ThirtyOne Sting Gray badge.

Couple of notes: Just replace the POS hinge bolts that come from the factory they are seriously crap pot metal bolts holding the entire hinge to the body. Snapped the head off one torqued to factory specs and replaced all six with grade 8 bolts. RR Hinge needs to be touched up after grinding out their logo from the badge area on the hinge. If you have a 2021 with front & rear cameras order the rear camera mount in advance from Teraflex. They were cool about getting me one and rigged something up in the interim so I didn't have to put everything back.

Positive note: my backup sensors are working normally again and not going bananas every time I put it in reverse =)

Bumper lights from Oracle are next on the agenda...seriously not looking forward to that project =)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 64581897977__559099B6-8535-4854-B840-9995677D652B

306overland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 YJ, 2020 JLU Sahara Altitude(sold), 2023 JLUR
First time using the electric hoist I recently installed to remove the hardtop. The ratchet straps provide some extra height and keep the top from moving around. It’s nice to finally be able to do this without any help.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 64581897977__559099B6-8535-4854-B840-9995677D652B

I like this system. Nice colour too!!

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
They are very nice only 2 minor complaints.
1. The instructions should mention using the factory post retainers from the carpet. The are tough to get apart but worked well.

Also rear door trim on both sides doesnt clip back in well. Passenger side will snap but after pressure is released opps back out. Drives rear won't even clip in all they way.

Worth noting I was tired from this work and all the rubber mulch we put down today so I didn't spend anytime troubleshooting. I'll do that and report back.

Overall great product!!!!
@mygreenkaw - I have two boxes of Kilmat on deck to install in my Rubicon. Very interested to hear your opinion on how well the deadener works. I have read that it is not necessarily a big noise reducer, but it makes the Jeep feel more "solid".

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
@mygreenkaw - I have two boxes of Kilmat on deck to install in my Rubicon. Very interested to hear your opinion on how well the deadener works. I have read that it is not necessarily a big noise reducer, but it makes the Jeep feel more "solid".
I'll give some feedback on it but it'll be a bit as I'm currently doors off so it's hard make an judgement. I've only driven once since finished.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Installed my Rugged Ridge Venator bumper with the Harbor Freight 12,000 Ib winch yesterday. Had to reroute the control box wire to the side because it was hitting the grill. Can’t remember who I saw do it too, but thanks for the idea. :like:

7AF00918-BE05-41E4-8124-24719E42C604.jpeg

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Finally got the winch installed! Pretty simple install on the RR Arcus bumper.

winch5.jpg

winch2.jpg

winch3.jpg

winch4.jpg
Your lying on the floor on that piece of cloth reminded me of my Track Mat/"Trailer Ware" by Bed Rug.

I have had one for years and have given as gifts to my Sons. They are sturdy, well made, and last for years and years..

What a pleasure it is to have this mat....

GREAT, when working on the Jeep(s) or lawn mower of whatever.. Great to use, when working on a gravel driveway of hot asphalt driveway, etc.. Check it out:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0097JQ32O/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? tm

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
After staring at them for 2 weeks in the garage, I finally put my new wheels on. Dirty Life DT-1 in Satin Gold look awesome on white.

But...

Although there's 2 things I'm disappointed in.
1. Each wheel weighs a whopping 45 lbs. Thankfully I already had a Cavfab tire carrier to support the extra weight. Finding weights of wheels is challenging, so I don't know if this is pretty standard for hybrids or beadlocks, but I know I've seen a few other hybrid beadlock wheels that weigh less.

2. The included "rash ring" and the "optional rash ring" are both made from ABS plastic. Had I known they were made from plastic, I may have gone a different route. Why couldn't the rash ring be made from 1/8" steel? I doubt the plastic is going to hold up to much. I bought them because they were a hybrid wheel. Eventually I'll run them as beadlocks but I didn't want the added expense right away. It only cost $150 to swap wheels at Discount Tire so that was a better option financially for me at this time (as opposed to another $650 plus a days work for the beadlock rings)

Overall I'm extremely happy with the way they look on the Jeep. But had I known the above 2 things before hand, I probably would have went a different route. And I take pride in my research before making big purchases like this but this slipped by me. For what I'm doing with my Jeep (2-3 Moab trips a year, and a handful of Colorado trips) they'll work well for me.

20210619_122624.jpg

20210619_122624.jpg

20210619_122613.jpg

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Not today, but yesterday. Tested attachment and loadout of the new hitch cargo carrier in preparation for an upcoming camping trip. Can probably fit more, but I think that's all I need to make room inside for the rest. Only 3 nights, but for a family of 5, there is a lot to pack.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1624293799539

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Teraflex HD Adjustable Tire Mount + Rugged Ridge Tire Carrier Hinge + @ThirtyOne Sting Gray badge.

Couple of notes: Just replace the POS hinge bolts that come from the factory they are seriously crap pot metal bolts holding the entire hinge to the body. Snapped the head off one torqued to factory specs and replaced all six with grade 8 bolts. RR Hinge needs to be touched up after grinding out their logo from the badge area on the hinge. If you have a 2021 with front & rear cameras order the rear camera mount in advance from Teraflex. They were cool about getting me one and rigged something up in the interim so I didn't have to put everything back.

Positive note: my backup sensors are working normally again and not going bananas every time I put it in reverse =)

Bumper lights from Oracle are next on the agenda...seriously not looking forward to that project =)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1624293799539
The Oracle bumper lights are actually a pretty easy install. You’ll be thankful you added them.

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
If installing the Armorlite floor, adding the Kilmat isn’t necessary, as there’s already a sound deadening layer in their floor. I’ve found it has reduced overall noise somewhat, and the floor is cooler now in this heat.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
If installing the Armorlite floor, adding the Kilmat isn’t necessary, as there’s already a sound deadening layer in their floor. I’ve found it has reduced overall noise somewhat, and the floor is cooler now in this heat.
I am only planning to install the Kilmat, but good to know.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
After staring at them for 2 weeks in the garage, I finally put my new wheels on. Dirty Life DT-1 in Satin Gold look awesome on white.

But...

Although there's 2 things I'm disappointed in.
1. Each wheel weighs a whopping 45 lbs. Thankfully I already had a Cavfab tire carrier to support the extra weight. Finding weights of wheels is challenging, so I don't know if this is pretty standard for hybrids or beadlocks, but I know I've seen a few other hybrid beadlock wheels that weigh less.

2. The included "rash ring" and the "optional rash ring" are both made from ABS plastic. Had I known they were made from plastic, I may have gone a different route. Why couldn't the rash ring be made from 1/8" steel? I doubt the plastic is going to hold up to much. I bought them because they were a hybrid wheel. Eventually I'll run them as beadlocks but I didn't want the added expense right away. It only cost $150 to swap wheels at Discount Tire so that was a better option financially for me at this time (as opposed to another $650 plus a days work for the beadlock rings)

Overall I'm extremely happy with the way they look on the Jeep. But had I known the above 2 things before hand, I probably would have went a different route. And I take pride in my research before making big purchases like this but this slipped by me. For what I'm doing with my Jeep (2-3 Moab trips a year, and a handful of Colorado trips) they'll work well for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0D74938D-41CD-4775-98B4-FA3435BA84B9

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0D74938D-41CD-4775-98B4-FA3435BA84B9

You sir, have great taste. 😁
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? CD6A9EAA-66A1-4A2E-9BC1-3D8D6F7FA307