What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky - I went back and checked the polarity and it is correct in my Jeep. The Metra adapter's white wire is positive (I tripled checked this with a fluke meter) and according to the Infinity instructions, the wide blade on the speaker is the positive connection and the white wire in the Metra adapter has the wide blade--so it is correct in my case. Note that I have the 8.4" screen with the OEM Alpine "upgraded" system (amp + sub). The Infinity's come with a small roll of foam gasket material and I applied it to the perimeter of both speakers on the back side (the circle that you can see in the image below).

nZiaft.png

Here is a photo (pre-trim) to give you an idea of what has to be snipped so that it will fit. I intentionally snugged them into place so the hold down screws would make a mark on the hold down tab so that I could see what needed to be trimmed. Note the OEM speaker grills are no where near the speakers, you have to press down on them quite a bit before it contacts the tweeter. Last, but not least, the speaker surrounds are totally free to move without restriction or contacting anything. Hope this helps!

nZic0X.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
@Roky - I went back and checked the polarity and it is correct in my Jeep. The Metra adapter's white wire is positive (I tripled checked this with a fluke meter) and according to the Infinity instructions, the wide blade on the speaker is the positive connection and the white wire in the Metra adapter has the wide blade--so it is correct in my case. Note that I have the 8.4" screen with the OEM Alpine "upgraded" system (amp + sub). The Infinity's come with a small roll of foam gasket material and I applied it to the perimeter of both speakers on the back side (the circle that you can see in the image below).

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? nZic0X

Here is a photo (pre-trim) to give you an idea of what has to be snipped so that it will fit. I intentionally snugged them into place so the hold down screws would make a mark on the hold down tab so that I could see what needed to be trimmed. Note the OEM speaker grills are no where near the speakers, you have to press down on them quite a bit before it contacts the tweeter. Last, but not least, the speaker surrounds are totally free to move without restriction or contacting anything. Hope this helps!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? nZic0X
Awesome, thanks !

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rear Rubicon 44 on my Sport, WOW! They should have come with 4:10ā€™s! Massive difference in drive ability. Too hot to do the front today, we are breaking temp records here.
Gregj
Nice. How in the he!! did you work on this heat at all todayā€¦. Crazy hot. Just curious, did you convert over brakes or did donor axle come with Rubi brakes?

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Rubi axles were complete, brakes and all. Came with the drive shafts too.
Gregj
Thatā€™s sweet. Sounds like nice set. :like:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.21.51 PM

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 9.21.51 PM
I must not be as anal as most :LOL: . When I swapped mine I didnā€™t trim that little bend. Just tightened down and called it good. Doesnā€™t interfere with anything :)

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the rear Rubicon 44 on my Sport, WOW! They should have come with 4:10ā€™s! Massive difference in drive ability. Too hot to do the front today, we are breaking temp records here.
Gregj
Wait.. do you now have 4.10ā€™s in the rear and something other than 4.10ā€™s in the front? If so donā€™t accidentally engage 4WD, holy crap

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Wait.. do you now have 4.10ā€™s in the rear and something other than 4.10ā€™s in the front? If so donā€™t accidentally engage 4WD, holy crap
Yes, I am aware of the problems with different gear ratios and promise not to engage 4 wheel drive until I get the front changed out. It was just too hot today to finish!
Gregj

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I must not be as anal as most :LOL: . When I swapped mine I didnā€™t trim that little bend. Just tightened down and called it good. Doesnā€™t interfere with anything :)
Yep; either way they fit. How do you like them?

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I am aware of the problems with different gear ratios and promise not to engage 4 wheel drive until I get the front changed out. It was just too hot today to finish!
Gregj
Okay damn I donā€™t blame you! Yeah I should have known, anyone doing that work themselves should know šŸ˜Ž

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Yep; either way they fit. How do you like them?
I think well worth the money - much cleaner. Havenā€™t done sound bar yet but thinking about trying them to see if any improvement. My biggest complaint is lack of music driving with top and doors off. Oh well, not sure willing to invest what it takes to improve that.