Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You should try an Australian Labradoodle. They were bred as allergy friendly therapy dogs. You pay a premium for them through a reputable breeder, but they are worth it. My son and wife are very allergic to dogs and we tried multiple “hypo-allergenic” breeds with no success. Then we found this breed. My wife and son have had no reactions. A good breeder will let you spend some time with their dogs to see if any reactions happen.
9B303B38-84DE-4ADA-950A-E66E1CDAA6B4.jpeg
Hmmmm, thanks for this info. :like:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You should try an Australian Labradoodle. They were bred as allergy friendly therapy dogs. You pay a premium for them through a reputable breeder, but they are worth it. My son and wife are very allergic to dogs and we tried multiple “hypo-allergenic” breeds with no success. Then we found this breed. My wife and son have had no reactions. A good breeder will let you spend some time with their dogs to see if any reactions happen.
9B303B38-84DE-4ADA-950A-E66E1CDAA6B4.jpeg
Nearest Breeder to me is Tyler. Does this sound about right ? Pretty penny for one.

Newborn & Upcoming Litters
StatusBreedBirth/Due DateReady
Newborn PuppiesAustralian LabradoodleBorn Apr 2021June 24
How to Get a Puppy
If you're interested in a puppy from South Point Labradoodles, please apply. You'll be asked to provide information about yourself and what you are looking for so the breeder can help you find the right match. Once you apply, Christina will get back to you about availability, pricing and next steps.
  • Price$2,750 - $3,000
    Price includes a $300 deposit. Price includes first shots, worming, microchip, socialization, and 2 year health guarantee from genetic diseases. Deposit is required to join our waitlist or to reserve a puppy in current litter.
    What goes into the price of a dog from a responsible breeder? Learn More
  • Estimated Wait Time3 months
  • Go Home Date9 Weeks After Birth

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Not so much because looks but for years you'll be fighting with mud whenever you're working under the Jeep. None of the tricks I've found ever get it all out.
I have to laugh at that one. I used a foam cannon twice and thoroughly and carefully blasted as much of the undercarriage as I could before starting on my recent suspension work, and I still ended up with all kinds of dirt and grit on my face. Even mostly clean still leaves a lot of dirt, and most of that is left over from one trip through a really serious mud hole. It was fun, but I did a lot of damage to my wheels very quickly.

I'm not that concerned about getting the undercarriage clean so much as all the places where mud collects now will be places where salt collects later. Salty mud can't be any good for the body. I need to get that sorted in order to at least give it my best shot, or I will have a rust bucket in short order.

If I want to off-road around here, I'm going to encounter mud though. It just goes with the territory, and I'm going to deal with it. Muddy roads, yes. Mud holes, not really worth it.

SkanTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Nearest Breeder to me is Tyler. Does this sound about right ? Pretty penny for one.

How to Get a Puppy
If you're interested in a puppy from South Point Labradoodles, please apply. You'll be asked to provide information about yourself and what you are looking for so the breeder can help you find the right match. Once you apply, Christina will get back to you about availability, pricing and next steps.
  • Price$2,750 - $3,000
    Price includes a $300 deposit. Price includes first shots, worming, microchip, socialization, and 2 year health guarantee from genetic diseases. Deposit is required to join our waitlist or to reserve a puppy in current litter.
Sounds right. 3k each is what I paid for mine. They are great dogs. Friendly and loyal. They are the world’s worst guard dog, but will protect your house from squirrels and chipmunks. And before everyone on this forum goes crazy about the price, ask yourself how much you have spent on your Jeep this year. It is cheaper than a 2” lift with new wheels and tires.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
Sounds right. 3k each is what I paid for mine. They are great dogs. Friendly and loyal. They are the world’s worst guard dog, but will protect your house from squirrels and chipmunks. And before everyone on this forum goes crazy about the price, ask yourself how much you have spent on your Jeep this year. It is cheaper than a 2” lift with new wheels and tires.

before they shut down the puppy stores in California the local puppy store where we got our last puppy was selling puppy's from $2400 to $4500 depending on the breed ....crazy how much people want for dogs these days...$3000 is actually a decent price these days for a pure bred puppy

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase

How to Get a Puppy
  • Price$2,750 - $3,000
The price is warranted if they are a responsible breeder with papers, health checks, both parents on site, health history of lineage, etc. The fact that they will not release to home until 9 weeks is another sign of a good breeder. Even if all paperwork and health checks for parents check out there is still no guarantee that you will get a dog with no issues though.

The breeder should have no issue with you visiting prior to making a decision and should be open to showing you where the dogs are kept and how they are taken care of.

A couple other points, ask them if they do temperment testing. What is their policy if there are health issues?

If a health issue presents itself do they ask you to return the dog so they can put them down? Some breeders are banking on you having formed a bond and know that you would never have the dog put down if a health issue becomes present. A good breeder would either provide a discount on another dog or, although rare, some breeders will give you a partial reimburse purchase price.

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for all the input.

In the past I would never buy a dog. I have either recused from pound or found them homeless.

My last dog was a German Shepard about 6 month old. She was running in the automatic doors at an Albertson one day I was there. They were running her out and trying to catch her for animal control guy.

I was the only one she would come up to even be touched by. I took her home and she stayed for 16 years with me by my side. I really do miss her. She loved riding with me when she could go.

But with the wife breaking out in hives from just touching a dog now I have to think about her. I have heard of these type dogs who are “hypo-allergenic” so will look into this.

Right now I have a cat I recused from the woods 8 years ago who follows me like puppy dog. He is lord of the manor here. But moving on. This is a Jeep forum and I am rambling.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
Santa came early...Edelbrock Supercharger arrived today! Also my new Dana UD44 4.88 shipped before estimated ship date and will be delivered tomorrow! So, I will work to get my JLR back to a drivable condition by Sunday, been down two months waiting on front axle. (Sold OEM 44 and first Mopar UD44 was defective) I will now install the Dana UD44, regear the rear and instal Dana Chromoly rear axle shafts, mount new BFG KO2 37x12.50R17 C's and then start the Edelbrock install.
A few 'extras' I plan to add when I install the supercharger: Gladiator grill inserts. (Much more open for better air flow) Still thinking of the 392 radiator (need to match it up side by side with the 3.6 for comparison) but it's looking like the Cold Case MOJ996 might be the best option. Also will install colder NGK plugs and will take a look at the 3.6 thermostat. The other thing I want installed before I install the supercharger is the Borla Touring Cat-Back, want to make sure Edelbrock has all the pertinent information before they create my tune.

I will be a little busy at work over the next couple weeks as two of my top sales guys are off, one this week and one next week...But when they come back, I am going to take a little time off and re-create my JLR :)

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2654

Last edited:

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Santa came early...Edelbrock Supercharger arrived today! Also my new Dana UD44 4.88 shipped before estimated ship date and will be delivered tomorrow! So, I will work to get my JLR back to a drivable condition by Sunday, been down two months waiting on front axle. (Sold OEM 44 and first Mopar UD44 was defective) I will now install the Dana UD44, regear the rear and instal Dana Chromoly rear axle shafts, mount new BFG KO2 37x12.50R17 C's and then start the Edelbrock install.
A few 'extras' I plan to add when I install the supercharger: Gladiator grill inserts. (Much more open for better air flow) Still thinking of the 392 radiator (need to match it up side by side with the 3.6 for comparison) but it's looking like the Cold Case MOJ996 might be the best option. Also will install colder NKG plugs and will take a look at the 3.6 thermostat. The other thing I want installed before I install the supercharger is the Borla Touring Cat-Back, want to make sure Edelbrock has all the pertinent information before they create my tune.

I will be a little busy at work over the next couple weeks as two of my top sales guys are off, one this week and one next week...But when they come back, I am going to take a little time off and re-create my JLR :)

WOW, excuse my question but did you blow your Jeep up or something ?

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
A few 'extras' I plan to add when I install the supercharger: Gladiator grill inserts. (Much more open for better air flow) Still thinking of the 392 radiator (need to match it up side by side with the 3.6 for comparison) but it's looking like the Cold Case MOJ996 might be the best option. Also will install colder NKG plugs and will take a look at the 3.6 thermostat. The other thing I want installed before I install the supercharger is the Borla Touring Cat-Back, want to make sure Edelbrock has all the pertinent information before they create my tune.

Wow, go big or go home I guess!

JohnD170

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 VW GTI (Mk VI); 2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? softtop 1
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? softtop 2

Removed the Hardtop for the summer and install a new Trektop Ultra. It really took the four hours the instructions said but the installation video from Bestop was great. About halfway through I just used the video and not the paper instructions.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
WOW, excuse my question but did you blow your Jeep up or something ?

Naw, just wanted to go 4.88's for soon to be released KO2 37 C's and thought I would upgrade to the UD44 front axle and sold my OEM front 44, however my new Mopar UD44 had either the right axle tube or right spring perch misaligned/miswelded...thats why it has been down, waiting on a replacement Dana UD44.

meanddog

First Name
lydia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hondas and toyotas
Thanks for all the input.

In the past I would never buy a dog. I have either recused from pound or found them homeless.

My last dog was a German Shepard about 6 month old. She was running in the automatic doors at an Albertson one day I was there. They were running her out and trying to catch her for animal control guy.

I was the only one she would come up to even be touched by. I took her home and she stayed for 16 years with me by my side. I really do miss her. She loved riding with me when she could go.

But with the wife breaking out in hives from just touching a dog now I have to think about her. I have heard of these type dogs who are “hypo-allergenic” so will look into this.

Right now I have a cat I recused from the woods 8 years ago who follows me like puppy dog. He is lord of the manor here. But moving on. This is a Jeep forum and I am rambling.
There are many kinds of doodles- some more
hypoallergenic than others. Maybe there are rescues for them as well? I did meet a beautiful poodleish looking one in Cenntennial and was surprised at her real
dogginess and felt a true fondness for her in minutes…….I am not usually a poodleperson……Dogs give so much- companionship and security ( no one is coming near it when she is in there) and mine loves riding in the Jeep as much as me- the visibility is awesome….
On the Bronco forum someone mentioned the Gunner kennel, which is awesome. With this kennel she can be safe even with top off. And since the jeep has rear AC vents on the back of the center console she will be comfy when top on.

3D0B554A-492B-47E5-A72B-E40DF7384A94.jpeg

FBE50C51-2AA8-4B83-BF2D-18935018D7C7.jpeg