What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Looks good...... you may want to get some longer lcas if you haven’t already. I’d get adjustable and forgo the Mopar lift lcas, they’re good for stock height Rubi, but that’s their limit in effectiveness imo.
what is "lcas"? Also what are your thought on a steering stabilizer on this setup. I ask because I also have a 2.5 spacer lift with 35s and Fox steering stabilizer and I'm not sure if the stabilizer is doing/improving anything.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Looks good...... you may want to get some longer lcas if you haven’t already. I’d get adjustable and forgo the Mopar lift lcas, they’re good for stock height Rubi, but that’s their limit in effectiveness imo.
Thanks! Yeah I plan to pick up some Core 4x4 LCAs to correct the caster at some point. Haven’t driven it yet but if it’s bad enough, I’ll order them sooner than later. Eventually get adjustable track bars too.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
what is "lcas"? Also what are your thought on a steering stabilizer on this setup. I ask because I also have a 2.5 spacer lift with 35s and Fox steering stabilizer and I'm not sure if the stabilizer is doing/improving anything.
Stands for lower control arms. Having adjustable controls can help correct the caster from lifting a vehicle. The stabilizers can be nice but also a band aid for just that. If your steering is “flighty” or loose, then you’ll want to look at getting adjustable control arms (lowers to start with) to fix the steering issue. A better stabilizer will only hide the problem.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
. lcas is lower control arms. When you lift your rig the caster is reduced, more noticeable on rubicon because they are already low from factory. The steering will be a little more twitchy, and will wander a bit at highway speeds. As for your steering stabilizer, if your rig is driving good , and no steering problems, then it’s doing it’s job.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! Yeah I plan to pick up some Core 4x4 LCAs to correct the caster at some point. Haven’t driven it yet but if it’s bad enough, I’ll order them sooner than later. Eventually get adjustable track bars too.
Sweet......they still have different colors?..... get yellow ones..... :rock:

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
. lcas is lower control arms. When you lift your rig the caster is reduced, more noticeable on rubicon because they are already low from factory. The steering will be a little more twitchy, and will wander a bit at highway speeds. As for your steering stabilizer, if your rig is driving good , and no steering problems, then it’s doing it’s job.
Thanks and I also have the LCAs installed..Teraflex

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
With no V8 coming for the 2-door JL's...I just pulled the trigger on an Edelbrock Supercharger W/tune! Edelbrock has moved manufacturing from CA to Mississippi and are out of stock for 6-10 weeks, however Summit does have a couple in stock and is shipping out of Texas today. IMHO this is the best engineered system for a stock 3.6 and (with their tune) includes a 3 year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty. Will install this, along with a stack of other parts as I wait for my Dana 4.88 UD44 to ship early next month...

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
With no V8 coming for the 2-door JL's...I just pulled the trigger on an Edelbrock Supercharger W/tune! Edelbrock has moved manufacturing from CA to Mississippi and are out of stock for 6-10 weeks, however Summit does have a couple in stock and is shipping out of Texas today. IMHO this is the best engineered system for a stock 3.6 and (with their tune) includes a 3 year/36,000 mile powertrain warranty. Will install this, along with a stack of other parts as I wait for my Dana 4.88 UD44 to ship early next month...
I would like to hear about your experience with this after the install. I have thought of doing this too.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Following

Dale's Jeep

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL 4door Rubicon
Occupation
Retired U.S. Army 23 years
Got her cleaned up and as of right now the doors are off, tomorrow will be the rest freedom panels and top. Need to measure spot i have picked out in barn to pull top.