What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
It's my opinion that the fire extinguisher I carry is for the forest, not my Jeep. I just do not think any fire extinguisher you can reasonably carry is going to be enough to put out a vehicle fire. With the focus more on the forest than the Jeep, I believe an element extinguisher is better than the 2.5 lbs you see people typically carrying, just the extended running time is going to be a big advantage. Not that I wouldn't try to use it if my Jeep was on fire, but I know it's kind of a pointless endeavor. It's probably better to grab my shovel and try to keep the fire contained to just the Jeep than waste time trying to save the Jeep.

The only well documented Jeep fire I know of:

Sorry, but that looks staged as hell...

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
I wouldn’t be skeptical. I doubt the element was intended to extinguish a fire in a closed compartment with minimal access. The demonstration videos on their website show use on open fire. Paffemt is correct, most car fires aren’t found with the hood up, but they also aren’t fully extinguished until the hood is opened. Any knock down achieved prior to opening the engine compartment happens because of the high pressure discharge of the extinguishing agent (hose stream or pressurized agent from an extinguisher). It doesn’t appear that pressure exists with the element. I also don’t think there is enough gas available to expel to completely extinguish all the fire in an engine compartment. I’d be interested in seeing an experiment wherein the hood is released, not completely opened, and the element is inserted. The results might be more accurate, but I’m certainly going not going to waste money buying one to find out.

I'm still not understanding completely. The test was completed with the element and the ABC fire extinguishers failing with only prying open the hood and using a fire hose to put it out. Isn't the conclusion both fail in the test? Seems meeting a club or run safety regulation for equipment is about all either are going to do for the real world test that was done. A different story with different tests but as you said you will refill the ABC rather than buy an element for testing.

I'm going with luck and hope I never have a need to extinguish a fire

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
If you want to save a person in a fiery vehicle use a fire extinguisher. If you want to save a burning vehicle call 911.

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Upgraded to 4.88s. Still breaking them in.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 118681617_10158458246726826_1284724145168634267_n

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Sorry, but that looks staged as hell...
I certainly wouldn't dispute that. He is a well known overland youtuber, I think he has integrity but I don't personally know him so it's difficult to say. Even the best of us may be tempted to stage a situation for some of that internet money. I hope it was not staged though.

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Received the last of the parts for the axle upgrades--Dynatrac ball joints. I am forcing myself to stop buying stuff until @rustyshakelford is able to get all of it installed. :LOL:

BsXe24.jpg

BsXN4f.jpg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Posted a few weeks back about my installation of the RockHard4x4 Sport Cage. Had them powder coated and installed them back on the Jeep today.

Roll Cage 2.jpg

Roll Cage 4.jpg

Roll Cage 1.jpg

Roll Cage 3.jpg
DAMN!!! I really wish I didn't see this. You just cost me more $$

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Switched to synthetic winch cable and Hawse fairlead, dropping some weight off the nose compared to the previous roller fairlead and steel cable. Need to get a better/lighter hook.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Magnus moves to synthetic line
Looks good

Jeep’n Jay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
5.13 Yukon gears....
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 796F0F0C-170F-4CA6-8321-1933BCE800F5

Ja87sm

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 wrangler islander
Took the doors off for the first time at 470 miles... also installed mopar door sills and finally took the screen protector off from the factory to install a real one