What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Installed a TNT Customs engine skidplate. Kind of a pain. Very nice piece, but NO instructions (I emailed them and the written description of the install he gave me was vague to say the least. They really need to at least label top and bottom for their support arms. And it took a little trimming to get it to not hit the gas tank skid. OK... rant over haha!

Anyway - overall very nice piece. and I would say very close to the same weight as the factory "skidplate" that you remove top install this.
IMG_1437.jpeg
So.....BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD on my engine skid plate project.

As you can see, and if you read my comments there were no instructions, no pictures, and quite a bit of room for guessing on the placement of the front support arms.

WELL!!! Went to drive it today, and did not even get out of our neighborhood. I have a pretty bumpy road and that meant Instant clunking!!! Turns out what I thought was the correct orientation of the drivers side bracket was far from correct!
The front axle was contacting it just going down the road.

As you can see from my pics, I installed this on a lift. The suspension is basically at full droop when on the lift. While I did think of this, there was no way to test it out really. Well long story short I now had about 1-1/2" of up travel available in my suspension.

So, lucky me I got to quickly turn around, put it back on the lift, and quickly put it back to stock thus erasing the 3 hours I worked on it yesterday. All while wearing nice clothes and trying not to get dirty because we needed to be somewhere. ARGHH!! :mad:

I might try again tomorrow since it is a holiday and we have no plans, but right now I am so fed up I am surprised I did not throw it in my scrap pile yet! I will try again because it is such a nice piece but the brackets leave A LOT to be desired.
Is it possible that this thing will only work with lifted Jeeps!!?? If that is the case and they don't say so on the website I will be very angry to put it really kindly.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday: Installed the Mopar winch plate, Quadratec Stealth 10 winch and hawse fairlead license plate holder.

Today: replaced both batteries, main and auxiliary. Whoever designed the mounting location of the auxiliary battery should be sentenced to replacing auxiliary batteries for the rest of his life!
Here's the evidence:
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1622435779708

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
They are Warn. Yes, I really like them. They are solid. I bought them partly because Warn said they would come out with a pad for the front doors' arm rest, then later said they weren't coming out anytime soon, then said they aren't doing them. I do like the locks because I can lock the rear doors when kids are back there and not worry about them accidentally opening a door.

The mirrors are TJ mirrors. They fit fairly well. If I did it again I'd go with YJ mirrors. The way they mount, they would have more range of adjustment. But the TJ mirrors are good enough.

I wish they'd come out with the mesh that Rugged Ridge has for theirs, too.

Install took a bit to get the adjustment just right. They were bumping the paint in the door jam and I had to talk to Warn about it. They suggested a minor adjustment and it fixed that.

The powdercoat on them is very good, too. They are actually my second set. The first set was from their very first production batch and they had all kinds of flaws. Northridge arranged for a new set to be sent and the new set was perfect. No flaws, at all.
Thanks for the update. I had a similar experience with my EAG doors, then. They had to send me a new rear door and multiple mirrors (came with them), and I had to adjust the rear doors for gap. and fit. I liked your design and the Mopar ones. Was considering switching from my EAC mesh look at some point, but I still really like them. We will see.

D294568E-58F2-4CBA-A729-DF2DD8FA8235.jpeg

dpike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR 3.6
finally stopped raining on the east coast
good neighbors help with good things.
👍
GR3u5Qa.jpg

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I put on an Arcus front bumper. (painted the hooks red) Looks way better than I was anticipating. Winch goes in soon. I also did the Synergy relocation bracket for the e-brake cables. After my last e-brake fiasco I decided to leave them attached and cut the Rubber O-rings.

Arcus1.jpg

Arcus2.jpg

Ebrake.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I put on an Arcus front bumper. (painted the hooks red) Looks way better than I was anticipating. Winch goes in soon. I also did the Synergy relocation bracket for the e-brake cables. After my last e-brake fiasco I decided to leave them attached and cut the Rubber O-rings.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? Ebrake

How in the hell is your rig that f...ing clean under there ..........🧐 ...........🤣

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
How in the hell is your rig that f...ing clean under there ..........🧐 ...........🤣

LOL I just hit 2000 miles. First trip June 12th. Don't worry I use my Jeeps :p

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Added an Element fire extinguisher closer for easy access.

IMG_9637.jpg

IMG_9638.jpg
Not impressed with the Element. I was curious so I bought one to try. For training at my fire company recently we set up a sedan with an engine compartment fire. The hood was purposely left down since that it how we usually find them. I tried to put the fire out with it, but was unable to. Mind you I was in full gear with SCBA, so I was able to approach a lot closer than soneone would be able to in street clothes. Also, it seems to be an exothermic reaction, because when I tried to put it in the gap between the hood and the headlight, it started to melt the headlight. I‘ll post a link to the video we took once it’s on YouTube.

Update: Here’s the link

Last edited:

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
So.....BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD on my engine skid plate project.

As you can see, and if you read my comments there were no instructions, no pictures, and quite a bit of room for guessing on the placement of the front support arms.

WELL!!! Went to drive it today, and did not even get out of our neighborhood. I have a pretty bumpy road and that meant Instant clunking!!! Turns out what I thought was the correct orientation of the drivers side bracket was far from correct!
The front axle was contacting it just going down the road.

As you can see from my pics, I installed this on a lift. The suspension is basically at full droop when on the lift. While I did think of this, there was no way to test it out really. Well long story short I now had about 1-1/2" of up travel available in my suspension.

So, lucky me I got to quickly turn around, put it back on the lift, and quickly put it back to stock thus erasing the 3 hours I worked on it yesterday. All while wearing nice clothes and trying not to get dirty because we needed to be somewhere. ARGHH!! :mad:

I might try again tomorrow since it is a holiday and we have no plans, but right now I am so fed up I am surprised I did not throw it in my scrap pile yet! I will try again because it is such a nice piece but the brackets leave A LOT to be desired.
Is it possible that this thing will only work with lifted Jeeps!!?? If that is the case and they don't say so on the website I will be very angry to put it really kindly.
So..... just in case anyone was wondering if this would work out...

A few hours later including flipping the bracket, drilling some new holes on the brackets, flex tests on some boulders around my property, and a pretty rough road test, and we have success!:like:
It was a pain in the butt, and it would have been really nice for them to at least include some detailed pics, but it is done. It seems pretty stout, and so far no rubbing.

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
I added the Teraflex JL Alpha HD hinged spare tire carrier kit to my existing Teraflex Alpha adjustable spare tire mount. It requires removing the Alpha and reinstalling it. Solid piece of hardware and great customer service from @TeraFlex.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? C3570737-653B-401A-865D-2212F65BB72C

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9A875786-C28B-4480-A72D-B970E2135F42

736D38BA-49EE-4854-8828-3AD86C6CA36C.jpeg

Last edited:

limeade

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Had 4.88's installed this weekend. Early opinion is acceleration feels similar to stock again (running heavy 37's and lots of armor). Reset the MPG counter and used Tazer to set gear ratio. Prior to re-gear, was averaging 16.1 mpg. Looking forward to hopefully getting mpg back into the 17's.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DDCAF93C-F01B-41F3-9721-C1BC6A0D6E28

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? DDCAF93C-F01B-41F3-9721-C1BC6A0D6E28

I just installed the Arcus on my JK and LOVE it. Those hooks look great! What red did you use?