What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Installed a TNT Customs engine skidplate. Kind of a pain. Very nice piece, but NO instructions (I emailed them and the written description of the install he gave me was vague to say the least. They really need to at least label top and bottom for their support arms. And it took a little trimming to get it to not hit the gas tank skid. OK... rant over haha!

Anyway - overall very nice piece. and I would say very close to the same weight as the factory "skidplate" that you remove top install this.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_1437

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Received the 2nd to last part for the axle upgrades--Reid Racing Steering Knuckles. Just waiting on the Dynatrac ball joints and I can close the checkbook for the parts. :whew: :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B65ndx

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B65B

Last edited:

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Installed a TNT Customs engine skidplate. Kind of a pain. Very nice piece, but NO instructions (I emailed them and the written description of the install he gave me was vague to say the least. They really need to at least label top and bottom for their support arms. And it took a little trimming to get it to not hit the gas tank skid. OK... rant over haha!

Anyway - overall very nice piece. and I would say very close to the same weight as the factory "skidplate" that you remove top install this.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? B65B
Had the same experience installing their JT sliders. Nice craftsmanship but no instructions and had to call, have a ma’ and pa’ feel to their operation.. support American made I guess

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I got a lot of Jeep work done today. First, the old 2008 JK got a new Rugged Ridge Spartan body width rear bumper. Then I wired up the fog lights in the Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210529_150452469
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210529_223308301

Then the JL got some love. I went from KO2's, which I dearly loved, to General Grabber X3's. I was told they wouldn't arrive until the end of summer, but they came in yesterday. So I'm either going to sell the 35" KO2s or put them on the JK when I wear out the 33" KO2's, but they've got a LONG way to go. I'll decide later. I like the 33's with the 3.8. It might struggle with power with the 35's, so we'll see.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? PXL_20210529_210723255

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Had the same experience installing their JT sliders. Nice craftsmanship but no instructions and had to call, have a ma’ and pa’ feel to their operation.. support American made I guess
Exactly. I try to buy american as much as possible. It would be nice if they took a few small extra steps though. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy. Even a peice of tape saying "drivers side top", etc., etc. But to leave you with nothing to go by makes it tough. I wasn't there during research and development, so how am I supposed to know what they figured without instructions or at least a few pictures.

Some parts are self explanatory, and that is fine, but like I said the front support arms for example - technically could work about four different ways of orientation. And then they want you to just drill the front of the motor mounts to secure the top of the supports. Again, there is a lot of room for errors and judgement calls as far as placement.
I just put them so they were as far up and out of the way as possible and still work and clear everything, but it was a slow process of trying all the possibilities and using vise grips to see what would and would not work. Also, the bolt protectors (cup washers - or whatever they are called) were not supplied with the kit even though it is shown on their website, and mentioned in a video they did on their skid plates. I had to email them and ask for them. They sent them, but even that took two weeks.
In the end, it is a very nice skid plate, and I am pretty confident in it. However, I still need to flex it out to make sure everything clears.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I got a lot of Jeep work done today. First, the old 2008 JK got a new Rugged Ridge Spartan body width rear bumper. Then I wired up the fog lights in the Rugged Ridge Arcus front bumper.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_20210528_173031971

Then the JL got some love. I went from KO2's, which I dearly loved, to General Grabber X3's. I was told they wouldn't arrive until the end of summer, but they came in yesterday. So I'm either going to sell the 35" KO2s or put them on the JK when I wear out the 33" KO2's, but they've got a LONG way to go. I'll decide later. I like the 33's with the 3.8. It might struggle with power with the 35's, so we'll see.
Ton of work :like: Really like how those warn trial doors look.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gobi 392 Wrangler
Occupation
Retirement From Oil Refinery
Poison spider đź•· crawler bumper installed still waiting on the winch plate.

D519491C-78F7-4B06-B06D-7BE34401F377.jpeg

ACFC6691-341B-4621-8257-DF8F546D670B.jpeg

E00A919B-E01E-4575-9974-2AA3AA647C09.jpeg

9A95B0DE-5CC0-473B-B546-CB60122D7515.jpeg

From0toJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Sahara (ordered 4/16/18, received 5/12/18), 2015 QX60, 2012 5.0, 2013 Prius V (hers)
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9A95B0DE-5CC0-473B-B546-CB60122D7515
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9A95B0DE-5CC0-473B-B546-CB60122D7515

Love your red Rubi. Please tell me which half doors those are? Do you like them? How is quality and install?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I try to buy american as much as possible. It would be nice if they took a few small extra steps though. It wouldn't have to be anything fancy. Even a peice of tape saying "drivers side top", etc., etc. But to leave you with nothing to go by makes it tough.

Some parts are self explanatory, and that is fine, but like I said the front support arms for example - technically could work about four different ways of orientation. And then they want you to just drill the front of the motor mounts to secure the top of the supports. Again, there is a lot of room for errors and judgement calls as far as placement.

I just put them so they were as far up and out of the way as possible and still work and clear everything, but it was a slow process of trying all the possibilities and using vise grips to see what would and would not work. Also, the bolt protectors (cup washers - or whatever they are called) were not supplied with the kit even though it is shown on their website, and mentioned in a video they did on their skid plates. I had to email them and ask for them. They sent them, but even that took two weeks.
The seller didn't initially provide any instructions, and he expects the installer (you) to figure out that the motor mounts need to be drilled(!) in order to complete the work? That's lousy.

Just when I thought it couldn't get worse, it does. I'd be tempted to purchase a foreign-made skid plate (they are available) and send a picture to TNT Customs, with a note explaining why I didn't buy his half-baked offering.