What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Got the Mopar sill guards installed. Easy enough but I mispositioned one and man, the 3M adhesive instantly grips. It took some finagling with a trim removal tool to get it loose without messing up the tape too much but I got that one fixed and it’s fine.

Next I installed the Outback tailgate table. That took about 45 minutes AKA a one beer job. The table will come in handy I’m sure.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 817C4BD6-47A1-45EB-A1BD-F6B2E61AB9EA

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 360F1090-B597-4698-BD91-C0CF2C0B3779

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
got the front bumper on. the install was good. but it was a pain in the @$$ in a couple of spots in bolting up. i have to figure out how the hell i'm going to tighten up the outer nuts and bolts. a normal size wrench or socket will not fit. i'm thinking stubby wrenches might work. i'll have to get some. took my time on the install, so it took a good part of the day. next weekend, i should have the winch in. also the l-plate flip bracket and hawse is installed.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210515_182607[1]

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210515_190103[1]

BMorgan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
got the front bumper on. the install was good. but it was a pain in the @$$ in a couple of spots in bolting up. i have to figure out how the hell i'm going to tighten up the outer nuts and bolts. a normal size wrench or socket will not fit. i'm thinking stubby wrenches might work.
When I installed my bumper, my ratcheting box wrenches were absolutely invaluable. I only had a short arc of movement but that was enough.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
When I installed my bumper, my ratcheting box wrenches were absolutely invaluable. I only had a short arc of movement but that was enough.
i hear you on the tight space. had a hell of a time jamming my hand to place the washer and nut. do you think a stubby wrench would fit to reach the nut. the bolt is no problem.

Hogzilla

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 turbo
everything else is stock? Like HU and the rear sub? this is something I think I need to do. How did you decide on the speakers? I haven't researched anything yet. I have my volume almost maxed all the time.
Yes everything else is all stock. I went with MB Quart because they designed these as a plug and play for the JL and JT so it was pretty easy to do. There's no splicing of wires and they include the wire harness that just plugs into the old speaker wire. Here's all the speakers they offer for the JL/JT. I went with the 3.5" and 6x9". The 6x9" comes with the mounting kit but they do sell that separately if you want to use a different brand of speaker.

https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I threw dollar bills at it as I stripped it down and got it topless.......naked as one might say. After all today is Go Topless Day.

Should have some great pics later from a Go Topless Day event.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 514614C7-A4BD-41EE-9C73-82B83D67544C
What tube doors are those?

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Repositioned GMRS radio, thanks to the help of forum members.

The now super-popular Midland MXT275. Used to be under the driver's seat, but I moved it to under the glove box in the passenger-side footwell.

Couple of guys here gave me the knowledge needed to tap electricity in series with my cb radio, so both can run off of Aux 3. No longer taking up a 12V plug, and wiring is much cleaner.

Added a mic extension, and it is pretty unobtrusive now, just sitting next to me.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? wtf

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? wtf_01

slick

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford harley jeep
Yes everything else is all stock. I went with MB Quart because they designed these as a plug and play for the JL and JT so it was pretty easy to do. There's no splicing of wires and they include the wire harness that just plugs into the old speaker wire. Here's all the speakers they offer for the JL/JT. I went with the 3.5" and 6x9". The 6x9" comes with the mounting kit but they do sell that separately if you want to use a different brand of speaker.

https://mbquart.com/mobile-audio/vehicle-kits/
Ok thx.
I ordered the fronts first to see how good they sound. Then I will go from there.
the wiring would be simple to do as far as that goes.

JoeDoc359

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Firefighter
I finally installed my Teraflex 1.5" Spacer Lift. I've had it since February and have been waiting for nicer weather for the driveway install. I was also a bit hesitant because I've never performed work like this on previous vehicles. Thanks to YouTube, it was a fairly easy mod to install. I averaged about 1 1/2" lift. I have 33" Ridge Grappler tires.

Now on to the next thing. I'm wavering between Oracle LED headlights or a winch.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210515_225157-COLLAGE