First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Medicolegal Death Investigator
Had the Jeep re-geared yesterday to 4.88's....wow, back to driving like the day I drove off the lot, soooo much nicer now. Doesn't feel heavy and was in 8th gear for the 77 mile trip home from the shop...mpg's were up on the display in a range I hadn't seen in a bit...we will see how much better after a full tank. Super Happy
What size tires are you running?

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Had the Jeep re-geared yesterday to 4.88's....wow, back to driving like the day I drove off the lot, soooo much nicer now. Doesn't feel heavy and was in 8th gear for the 77 mile trip home from the shop...mpg's were up on the display in a range I hadn't seen in a bit...we will see how much better after a full tank. Super Happy
What’s the gain in mpg? I’m curious if the re-gear is worth the cost.

Last edited:

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
does it interfere with your backup sensors?
Slightly, but I don’t mind. I could raise it up, but I prefer the greater visibility out of the back window.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Repositioned GMRS radio, thanks to the help of forum members.

The now super-popular Midland MXT275. Used to be under the driver's seat, but I moved it to under the glove box in the passenger-side footwell.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210514_163638

Couple of guys here gave me the knowledge needed to tap electricity in series with my cb radio, so both can run off of Aux 3. No longer taking up a 12V plug, and wiring is much cleaner.

Added a mic extension, and it is pretty unobtrusive now, just sitting next to me.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210514_182752