Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
It must be a joke, are you serious?
The matter of incompletely seated fuses is well documented on the forum, Heinrich.

Forearmed with that knowledge, checking the fuse panel was literally the first thing I did on the morning when I took delivery of my new JLU.

I was glad to discover that they were all properly seated and snug. Related threads and posts on the subject suggest that my experience may in fact be the exception.

Most people don't understand that here in Central Florida we can have brief to extended torrential rain storms EVERY day during the summer. Granted the top can come off ALL winter.
Whilst on active duty, I was stationed in the Panhandle of God's Waiting Room. It's still easy to recall the short-notice bipolar weather. Mother Nature would PMS, hard, for 20 minutes, and 10 minutes after that everything was sunny again.

That humidity, though...

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
10843522-D266-4B6A-B127-AE47EA8E758F.jpeg

Got my spacer plates today, so the winch went on. I need to figure out a better way to hold the hook. I tried around a hook and run to the other, but it could still slide off.
I went with the Factor55 Ultrahook, which can be used with both synthetic and steel shackles, and it lays flat when pulled snug up against the fairlead. Now I just need the winch to go with it.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210511_091232

Jo's Jeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The matter of incompletely seated fuses is well documented on the forum, Heinrich.

Forearmed with that knowledge, checking the fuse panel was literally the first thing I did on the morning when I took delivery of my new JLU.

I was glad to discover that they were all properly seated and snug. Related threads and posts on the subject suggest that my experience may in fact be the exception.

Whilst on active duty, I was stationed in the Panhandle of God's Waiting Room. It's still easy to recall the short-notice bipolar weather. Mother Nature would PMS, hard, for 20 minutes, and 10 minutes after that everything was sunny again.

That humidity, though...
I was cracking up at your comments on Florida's bipolar weather. I went to Boot Camp in Orlando and remember you could set your watch to the rain shower that occurred at 1415 everyday and lasted for 15min. I also once saw a torrential downpour on the Southbound lanes of I95 and completely dry sunny weather on the Northbound lanes at the same time. Yep, Jekyll and Hyde weather for sure.

beast40

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
I will be back on here with something good soon..... I spent most of the winter working so I could spend my money well.....

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
Me too. In my 2020
I lost count of how many of mine were not fully seated, probably close to half. Most were close, but just needed a little force for them to click in. A couple actually felt a little loose.

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
They weren’t loose by any means but I was able to push them in! Not sure if on the mini fuses it would nave made much of a difference but on the larger ones I believe over time it would have shown up as an electrical issue.
Brand new 19 JLUR i did not know about the fuses. After one week of ownership i had a dash full of error lights. Read the forum and pushed in all fuses. All but 4 were .25" unseated. All elec problems went away after i pushed them in.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase