zeebo56

First Name
Zee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler unlimited sport
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my ARB dual compressor on Grimm off-road mount. Let me tell you, I'm glad I bought extra fender clips before I did the install. When I pulled the fender off I broke 6 of the 10 clips that hold the fender on. Not only that, I couldn't tell you how the other 4 DIDN'T break. Went to home cheapo and got a 25 foot air hose and air chuck. All set to reinflate now!

Also installed my front and rear Rockjock antisway bars. Front was much easier than the rear. Rear wasn't hard really, but if I didn't have a die grinder to bevel the frame orifices it would have been pretty difficult to get the bushing in place.

EDIT: The Grimm off-road install instructions were some of the best I've ever seen! Whoever writes their instructions definitely needs a raise!

20210508_172925.jpg
20210508_151207.jpg
20210508_113013.jpg
I need to do something like this. I have a cheapo $60 compressor and it takes forever to air up after offroading. Super annoying.

Homebrwr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL sahara
Build Thread
Link
Family was so excited! Finally had a good day to open it up... Removed doors and back qtr windows. Installed mirrors and DV8 foot pegs. Went for a short drive around town.
IMG_20210507_180619.jpg
IMG_20210507_180611.jpg
I didn't realize the Qtr windows are removable. šŸ˜±

COHiker

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This weekend was a shock upgrade. The ones coming off sounded like a soda can when you shook them. Went with Falcon SP2 3.3 piggybacks. Fingers crossed the soften up just a bit as they break in. Definitely a bit stiffer on soft setting then I was expecting.

They do look cool which is a nice bonus.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m running an Icon lift and wheels, too. Iā€™m very happy with those so also going with their stabilizer.
I wasnā€™t questioning your choice. Looks like a good stabilizer. Was curious on mounting position and does it create any clearance issues but I looked at their install instructions and it appears that is proper positioning. :like:

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had a great week.. re-gear break in done and diff oil changed , S&b intake installed and hooker blackheart exhaust installed , Jeep drive so nice now !!!

AD94CABA-26D7-4B35-9D3A-D9B516520A00.jpeg

ABCA582C-8E29-4F57-9531-B5EBA8BCB985.jpeg

58995DEB-D8B1-4F91-BB59-60DD963EC9B2.jpeg
Nice! How do you like that exhaust? I had 2 ordered, but cancelled them because they are now pushed back to August :no:

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! How do you like that exhaust? I had 2 ordered, but cancelled them because they are now pushed back to August :no:
What I like best about the exhaust is .. it not as big as the stock oem .. tucks up pretty high and hide under the bumper . You can hear the rumble of the exhaust going up hills. Just a little louder then the stock oem exhaust . Like how easy it was to install.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I wasnā€™t questioning your choice. Looks like a good stabilizer. Was curious on mounting position and does it create any clearance issues but I looked at their install instructions and it appears that is proper positioning. :like:
Iā€™ve seen others where the stabilizer body is attached to the tie rod but not the shaft like the Icon. I usually do some research before buying parts but pretty much went with this because itā€™s Icon. šŸ˜ I can see how my response implied questioning my choice but that wasnā€™t the intent. Thanks for the feedback.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Nothing fancy, but changed my diff oil. I'm only at about 7000 miles but figured I'd get the factory fill out and get ahead of any problems.

I've never changed diff oil before, boy that is an interesting smell.
Gear oil has a singular scent, doesn't it? The synthetic Motul that I use in the Ural's final drive (also a ring & pinion gear) won't ever be mistaken for a bouquet of flowers.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210509_132314

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Added the MOPAR grille guard to the steel bumper and some audexen led headlights.

lawffroad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Looks nice, lot of questions popped up here...
1. How unsafe is that old Jack??
2. what are those black brackets you have behind the tow hooks? Looks like end result is those came off and roll hoop is mounted with light bar in front. Looks pretty clean, I was thinking of making this my next step.
Just curious what those brackets were for because they look like theyā€™d be too wide for that light bar
Well to answer,
1. Thatā€™s a good old house jack thatā€™s been passed down generations and is safer than anything else we could have used!
2. I had a hi lift jack mounted there behind where the hoop was. I figured Iā€™m not gonna go anywhere that lockers, sway bar and winch wonā€™t get me out of, so itā€™s in the garage for now. The Light bar used to be on a raised bracket. I moved it down to the holes that were already there from where the plate was where the winch now pokes out. It all fits pretty cleanly and snugly. The JCR plate was pretty meh in terms of fitment. Required some persuasion to line it up.
let me know if you have any other questions

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

I like this mirror gizmo, did you buy the mirrors and brackets together ? I see Fortec 4x4 sells them together for 271.00. Wondering if thereā€™s a cheaper route. Thanks
No, I bought the brackets from Die-Tech directly and then the factory Mopar mirrors (non-powered) from an eBay seller. Very happy with the setup.