What did you do TO your Jeep JL today?

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Haha nice.

is it really important to get the under carriage really washes well? I just don’t want it to turn to cement and then I get issues.

Also, how do I clean the engine bay? Anything I need to cover?
Run a sprinkler under it for like 2 hours.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Added a step without having to remove my oem rock rails permanently.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210507_113720
Looks good, is the step easy to take off and put back on? Can you share more details and pic of connecting points? Thx!

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Received some Dana Spicer Chrome Moly goodness for my axle build today. The axles are very nice, but the packaging for the rear axles was complete bovine scatology. The front axles came from a different vendor who used high density spray foam and triple density cardboard box that arrived in decent shape.

Northridge just threw each one of the rear axles in a box with some folded paper bag like material and sent them on their way.

Hey @Northridge4x4 - is this really how you package heavy axles and ship them across country? DO NOT say it is the carrier's fault--this is all on you. SMDH

That looks like how RoadArmor packages their very expensive steel fenders. They do wrap them in bubble wrap, like that is going to keep them from damaging each other, it doesn't.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
@texasrugby911 made me feel bad for half-a**ing my gmrs mic extension, so I added a port on the passenger side of the console.

Not going to lie, I love the screw on cover. I just use a dust plug right now.

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
Looks good, is the step easy to take off and put back on? Can you share more details and pic of connecting points? Thx!
It cannot be taken on and off easily (would have to remove screws). There is drilling involved and you have to remove the rock rail to install the mounting hardware and then install the step. It connects to the rocker panel and body. It is a CARR HOOP II (ALUMINUM) step.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Wondering how those mirrors are going to hold up at freeway speeds. So far, my best solution was Die-Tech Mirror brackets with Mopar factory non-powered mirrors. Dead solid + OEM look. Highly recommend them.

I like this mirror gizmo, did you buy the mirrors and brackets together ? I see Fortec 4x4 sells them together for 271.00. Wondering if there’s a cheaper route. Thanks

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
This looks great! Do you have the specific paint you used? I'm planning to do the same to my Sahara 4xe once delivered. And was it easy to remove all of the inserts/bezels?
Thank you! I read a ton of threads on what people used, including a fair number utilizing Plasti-dip, but ultimately settled on Rust-Oleum American Accents 2X Ultra Cover Ultra Matte spray paint & primer ( Black, Rust-Oleum American Accents 2X Ultra Cover Ultra Matte Spray Paint, 12 oz - Walmart.com - Walmart.com . It went on extremely well, making a beautiful matte finish and I didn't have to fool with a separate primer spray. I did two coats of the black, then another two coats of the Rust-Oleum matte clear coat.

It's been on a month now, and in that time we've driven on a roughly 2000-mile round trip from San Antonio to Alabama for a wedding and back, taking rock hits, bug hits, bird crap hits, and even the right headlight bezel getting hit with a small bird that splatted and got stuck between the light and bezel for a day before we discovered it. Turned right around and this past weekend went off-roading where we had a ton of mud and water get thrown on it. Been driving in an good bit of on-again, off-again rain, too, and so far nothing has even made a mark. Totally impressed with how well it washes up, and know now that down the road if I have to do it again it'll look and wear well. We'll see how it's doing in 6 months, but so far, so good!

On the grille removal, it's not overly hard, but not super-easy, either, only because you have to be very patient getting the overall grille frame off and while removing the bezel pieces from the back side. You just don't want to stress the plastic so much you break it, which an impatient person would do. I responded to another owner back when I first did it with my entry at this link, which includes my notes and a couple of video links that will help you see exactly how it's done. Hope it helps! :like:

Grill Inserts/Accents | 2018+ Jeep Wrangler Forums (JL / JLU) - Rubicon, Sahara, Sport, Unlimited - JLwranglerforums.com

Army68F20

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Swapping out the Teraflex 1.5” spacer lift, sport LCAs, and Falcon 3.1 shocks for a full 2.5” lift with Falcon 3.3’s and all 8 Alpine adjustable control arms. Fun for the weekend. If anyone is interested in the suspension I’m taking off send me a pm, it’s for sale!

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 0E192E25-F228-436A-AE31-41E3D3838F44
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 8F6DF7C9-DAFD-4B67-9069-86E15590832C