EugenesAJeep

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Willys
Vehicle Showcase
How does that work with the backup camera?
Hate to sound like the old timer I am.... never needed or wanted the back up camera anyway. Manual windows ain’t hurting me a bit either. Sure enjoying the air conditioner. Cameras still there if I need it I’ll remove the cover.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Received some Dana Spicer Chrome Moly goodness for my axle build today. The axles are very nice, but the packaging for the rear axles was complete bovine scatology. Northridge just threw each one of the rear axles in a box with some folded paper bag like material and sent them on their way.

Hey @Northridge4x4 - is this really how you package heavy axles and ship them across country? DO NOT say it is the carrier's fault--this is all on you. SMDH

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image4

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? image4
Ugh. I had a similar experience with a receiver hitch that was shipped in a box sans any protection from the rigors of transit. The seller was unresponsive, so I sharpened my e-pencil and wrote an unflattering review. If it convinced at least one person to take their business elsewhere, that's good enough for me.

There's no excuse for poor packaging, and thus I have no patience for it.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Just some cheap amazon UTV mirrors. Used some ram mounts 1" ball and bracket
I did something similar for tube doors. Not great visibility but works.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? FD917329-7F0D-434D-837E-FDB8D02A659E

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
Installed an alien sunshade. Did it a little different as I covered the sport bar in clear wrap prior to install. Also didn’t use the clips after reading about them breaking so I just used the windshield bolts.

Didn’t plan on buying one of these right away but was browsing amazon and they had the orange for $27 after coupon. Worked out well as the wife chose orange for our accent color. And it matches the track bar.

88C4EB6F-CE62-48A5-943E-B079CA0CFDD4.jpeg

F3C15DC2-2F9F-4DF3-954A-D54A81D070BB.jpeg

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

zshannon20

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi A3; 2022 Jeep Compass High Altitude
Occupation
Medical Device Operations/Distribution; USMC Reserve Officer
Spent the last couple of days removing my grille, taking out the grille inserts/bezels/fog light bezels and painting them from silver to matte black to gain a slightly more aggressive/manly look on my Sahara. I really like the contrast and it turned out great. Two coats matte black/primer combo, two coats matte clear coat. Also added a new decal. I'm a sucker for them. My wife rolls her eyes... LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_2218

This looks great! Do you have the specific paint you used? I'm planning to do the same to my Sahara 4xe once delivered. And was it easy to remove all of the inserts/bezels?

earthgirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
?
Added a step without having to remove my oem rock rails permanently.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D5249D2B-9B9B-4AA1-9405-6F6F2B6B6E8C

melted_mud

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Sting Grey, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
Wondering how those mirrors are going to hold up at freeway speeds. So far, my best solution was Die-Tech Mirror brackets with Mopar factory non-powered mirrors. Dead solid + OEM look. Highly recommend them.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? D5249D2B-9B9B-4AA1-9405-6F6F2B6B6E8C

I have had them on highway speed. They shake some haven't flown off yet