First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Which bumper? I just bought a RR Arcus for my JK and am looking for a skid plate to go under it. Not sure RR makes one, but this doesn't bode well for them if they did.
It's the full width HD bumper.

I'm not sure, and I'm not going to go look it up, but this may be the same skid plate that fits the Arcus. It fits like three different bumpers.

I finally got it to fit. I remembered that air powered die grinders are a thing, so I broke my cardinal rule and went to Harbor Freight. $100 later, I went at this bastard with carbide burrs, and this was much more satisfactory than trying to do the job with an angle grinder. I also got some bungee straps so I could hang the damn thing from the bumper while I dick around with the bolts.

I didn't realize where I was aiming. I had to keep scooping out the fog light cutouts until I could lift the thing into place while making zero contact with any fog light component. I didn't even realize I was messing up with my earlier attempts. I'm waiting on the paint to dry for the fifth time. I managed to get two of the bolts to thread last time, and I'm hopeful.

I'm not going to get to hit any trails today either, since I didn't install any nice bright lights yet. My son said, "Dad, even though you are burning vacation days dicking around with this, at least you are not working through this job one Sunday at a time for three weeks." He's right. I still have the weekend to hit trails. I really want the skid plate before I hit the next one I'm aiming for.

Last edited:

Wbino

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
Put these rubber trim between the hood and fenders. Lots of debris gets in there I found out fast.

3B53288C-F684-48E1-93E3-22CB03A03D19.jpeg

17AC9F1E-4C98-466E-B052-E3099BAF2867.jpeg

83EABD28-ACB4-4888-93D9-977988296E0A.jpeg

C8480CCC-1671-4F4E-9ED0-68A32259F325.jpeg

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
Dude how bright are those lights and do you have any pics of them downrange?
They are extremely bright. Amber floods (21’s) and clear spot (32’s) lights. Perfect for going fast in the night. Or in my situation, going slow for our Search and Rescue Team.

As for pictures, I’ll take some new ones soon and share them.

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase

Mx5red

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
I was going to throw my Rugged Ridge skid plate onto my HD bumper and go hit the trail, but I ended up spending over six hours dicking around with the install. Rugged Ridge keeps saying "it's all explained in step 4" and step 4 doesn't even show a bumper installed, let alone one with the factory LED foglights. The bumper is great, and this part will work with the bumper very well, but it does not fit for jack shit.

The worst problem is that I really have no neat way of making this kind of cut. I can't use my bandsaw on a piece this huge without rearranging my entire shop. I can't use my mill, because the piece chatters all to hell, and I'm guaranteed to break an expensive endmill if I persist. If I took the vise off and used those two slots in the center to bolt it to the table, I don't think I would have enough Y axis travel. I don't know. I just thought of that, and I'm going to go eyeball it tomorrow. I would rather use my mill, and make neat, precise cuts, and I need to make these cutouts yet again larger still. While I'm at it, I should mill out the mounting holes to turn them into slots, and enlarge the access holes for the lower bolts. I'll just wreck the shit out of ALLLLL the nice powder coat.

I paid almost $200 for this piece of shit, and I'm really not happy. Yet I REALLY like how it's going to look, and I could really use the front end protection too.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 96EC7BD8-5C94-48EF-A825-9456E5E80AE4

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 96EC7BD8-5C94-48EF-A825-9456E5E80AE4
You clearly have more experience and tools than I do; I would just waste a bunch of time with an angle grinder and a flap disk, and call it a day :LOL:
Could you use something like this?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 9A959BB3-0D8A-408F-8439-711A2D0DF096

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Could you use something like this?
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? IMG_5313
It's hard to say without trying hands on. Maybe. It depends on if you could get it worked around to scoop out the bottom without hitting the housing on the work.

I ended up using a cutoff wheel in an angle grinder, and I made a series of slits down to a chalk line. Then I put it up on my anvil and beat the shit out of it with a rounding hammer, to bend the teeth over, then I cut them off from the back side with a cutoff wheel. The procedure worked okay, but I didn't have the right outline. I think I ended up removing 2" of material. Not even close to fitting.

Ospreyfe55

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Took mine to the dealer to have the Steering Gearbox TSB done, Night and Day difference! And to also have the passenger side sun visor replaced after it broke.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Gov’t Contractor & Gym Rat
Removed the stock muffler yesterday.
This arrived today.
Borla S-Type axleback will be mounted tomorrow.
I had a Borla axleback on my ‘00 TJ and I loved it!

cheers/B

A5999F88-8C7C-43F6-8043-F320888F100F.jpeg

4E8D8A62-0F9F-4DDA-88BA-8606074F281B.jpeg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
installed the body armor rear bumper and carrier. just need to finish up the rear camera mount and wire up the l-plate light. hopefully i can get the front bumper and winch installed next weekend.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210506_162833[1]