First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Willys, 2015 Toyota Sienna XLE
Occupation
Restaurant Manager
Finally installed an ARB Twin Compressor with the Grimm Offroad Mounting Bracket that I bought back in January. I crashed my mountain bike and broke a collarbone the weekend I planned to do the install, so jacking up a jeep, removing a 35" tire, and cranking wrenches was put on hold for a while. I did a lot research on this mounting system before purchasing it, including contacting ARB. They were very helpful and confirmed that it's an acceptable location. The mounting bracket includes a heat shield to help protect the compressor from the catalytic converter. I did a test run and inflated a 35" tire from 12 psi to 36 psi in a fraction of the time it would take the portable compressor I've been using.

IMG_0970.jpg

IMG_0971.jpg

IMG_0972.jpg

IMG_0973.jpg
I broke my collarbone back when I was younger. Holy crap that was the MOST painful injury I’ve ever had! I had no idea just how much your body structure depends on it. Hope you’re on the mend.

RFR JLR 2.0

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Geologist
I broke my collarbone back when I was younger. Holy crap that was the MOST painful injury I’ve ever had! I had no idea just how much your body structure depends on it. Hope you’re on the mend.
I agree. I'm not a young man anymore (60) and don't heal as fast as I used to, but doing much better now. Thanks,

ObiMatt87

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JLU, 2018 Buick Enclave Avenir
Occupation
U.S. Air Force Active Duty (Retired), U.S. Air Force GS Civilian (Current)
Upgraded my OEM Sahara wheels/tires with Quadratec Hardrock wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 tires. Changes up the look dramatically. I really like it, and the wheels and tires are just great. Before/after pics attached.

PXL_20210503_223856147.jpg

PXL_20210504_234404035.jpg

PXL_20210410_213222633.jpg

PXL_20210504_234443327.jpg

Ezun

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Vehicle Showcase
Installed the Tazer Mini. Very simple to install and operate. TPMS light is off and my Speedometer is corrected! I'll dig into the other features as needed.

I also unboxed my lift. 3.5" Clayton's Overland. I hope to start the install tomorrow or early next week.
Good luck with with the install. I just did the Clayton 2.5 in my garage. Super easy and straight forward, just takes time. Make sure you watch some You tube videos, will help you get the springs in. Also note that one of the sway bar links in the front needs to have the bolts facing in opposite directions, away from each other. Doesn’t mention that in the instructions.

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2-Dr
Upgraded my OEM Sahara wheels/tires with Quadratec Hardrock wheels and Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ P3 tires. Changes up the look dramatically. I really like it, and the wheels and tires are just great. Before/after pics attached.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2416EFA0-4111-4068-8F91-318A03CB8DF3

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 2416EFA0-4111-4068-8F91-318A03CB8DF3

Thise tires are awesome.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 20210226_175813

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I was going to throw my Rugged Ridge skid plate onto my HD bumper and go hit the trail, but I ended up spending over six hours dicking around with the install. Rugged Ridge keeps saying "it's all explained in step 4" and step 4 doesn't even show a bumper installed, let alone one with the factory LED foglights. The bumper is great, and this part will work with the bumper very well, but it does not fit for jack shit.

The worst problem is that I really have no neat way of making this kind of cut. I can't use my bandsaw on a piece this huge without rearranging my entire shop. I can't use my mill, because the piece chatters all to hell, and I'm guaranteed to break an expensive endmill if I persist. If I took the vise off and used those two slots in the center to bolt it to the table, I don't think I would have enough Y axis travel. I don't know. I just thought of that, and I'm going to go eyeball it tomorrow. I would rather use my mill, and make neat, precise cuts, and I need to make these cutouts yet again larger still. While I'm at it, I should mill out the mounting holes to turn them into slots, and enlarge the access holes for the lower bolts. I'll just wreck the shit out of ALLLLL the nice powder coat.

I paid almost $200 for this piece of shit, and I'm really not happy. Yet I REALLY like how it's going to look, and I could really use the front end protection too.

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1620277164396

Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? 1620277239961

Paulocon

First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler jlur
Installed my fox 2.5 need to finish the inner fenders.
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E4ADCCDC-9D14-4632-AC27-A0DAC89063BC
Jeep Wrangler JL What did you do TO your Jeep JL today? E4ADCCDC-9D14-4632-AC27-A0DAC89063BC
Ive noticed you got your shocks revolved from accutune. I did the same... I’m having a very hard time noticing the difference when i drive it with the high compression valve adjusted from low setting to high.. is yours super noticeable?

I know this isn’t a good comparison but the ats fox stabilizer is super noticeable between the soft and hard setting.

Jruedastinger

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl
Ive noticed you got your shocks revolved from accutune. I did the same... I’m having a very hard time noticing the difference when i drive it with the high compression valve adjusted from low setting to high.. is yours super noticeable?

I know this isn’t a good comparison but the ats fox stabilizer is super noticeable between the soft and hard setting.
I just installed them today and I really didn’t get a chance to try them out. I’ll be tinkering with them tomorrow. I’ll let you know.

Jruedastinger

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep jl

High setting is going to be for desert, fast driving on dirt roads. Dont think you’ll notice any difference if your trying it out in the streets. Have you tried it on dirt roads or something similar?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I was going to throw my Rugged Ridge skid plate onto my HD bumper and go hit the trail, but I ended up spending over six hours dicking around with the install. Rugged Ridge keeps saying "it's all explained in step 4" and step 4 doesn't even show a bumper installed, let alone one with the factory LED foglights. The bumper is great, and this part will work with the bumper very well, but it does not fit for jack shit.

The worst problem is that I really have no neat way of making this kind of cut. I can't use my bandsaw on a piece this huge without rearranging my entire shop. I can't use my mill, because the piece chatters all to hell, and I'm guaranteed to break an expensive endmill if I persist. If I took the vise off and used those two slots in the center to bolt it to the table, I don't think I would have enough Y axis travel. I don't know. I just thought of that, and I'm going to go eyeball it tomorrow. I would rather use my mill, and make neat, precise cuts, and I need to make these cutouts yet again larger still. While I'm at it, I should mill out the mounting holes to turn them into slots, and enlarge the access holes for the lower bolts. I'll just wreck the shit out of ALLLLL the nice powder coat.

I paid almost $200 for this piece of shit, and I'm really not happy. Yet I REALLY like how it's going to look, and I could really use the front end protection too.

Which bumper? I just bought a RR Arcus for my JK and am looking for a skid plate to go under it. Not sure RR makes one, but this doesn't bode well for them if they did.